downzy

09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

I want to see Axl rock the classic Justin Bieber hair.

Actually a little change of appearance wouldn't be too bad. Maybe his hair has grown longer? Maybe a beard? Neither of that? Yeah, I think so too.

But I don't mind, as long as he gets rid of those stupid huge hats.

3 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I want to see Axl rock the classic Justin Bieber hair.

Actually a little change of appearance wouldn't be too bad. Maybe his hair has grown longer? Maybe a beard? Neither of that? Yeah, I think so too.

But I don't mind, as long as he gets rid of those stupid huge hats.

I feel like he toned the hats way down during last year's tour leg, to be fair. He was in a bandana or cap quite regularly.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Someone call Brian May for a special guest spot on Atlas.

That would be fucking good.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I feel like he toned the hats way down during last year's tour leg, to be fair. He was in a bandana or cap quite regularly.

Yeah once Slash and Duff came back to GNR, Axl was dressing like he did back in the 90's. I think Axl changed his look purposely when he had the other GNR. I also think he changed his singing style too. He sounded like the 90's Axl once Slash and Duff came back. 

I do hope fans post tons of footage of this concert and I also hope Axl doesn't have any accidents like when he broke his foot the last time the guys did a special show! 

Take care Axl! Maybe he should wear sneakers!:headbang:

Any citi card members here planning to go to the show? If so maybe you can find it in your heart to buy one for me and ill pay you right away? I was going to ask my brother since he is a citi member but I feel more comfortable asking strangers on the internet.

• Haha 1

Maybe Axl would back his old rants and sing "Get in the ring" in dedicatory to all the fuc*ing leakers.....

5 hours ago, Lio said:

:lol: I think a LOT of us are at the very least a bit special. We should all be guests.

Imagine that, mygnr members crowding them on stage as we try to dictate the setlist. The tension and awkwardness would be palpable. 

@DieselDaisy would be so star-struck he'd probably squat down and curl a log out.

I registered for the Citi tickets. If I get an access code I’ll purchase the max two tickets (using a friend’s Citi card who can’t go). I only need one so I will sell the other at face value to whoever on here who wants it. 

Codes go out tonight (lottery system) and sale isn’t until tomorrow morning. So won’t know until then. 

EDIT: I HAVE BEEN WAITLISTED. IF ANYONE HAS A SPARE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I’LL PAY YOU IMMEDIATELY VIA YOUR PREFERRED MEANS (cash Venmo PayPal etc). 

Edited by ramsey

11 minutes ago, ramsey said:

I registered for the Citi tickets. If I get an access code I’ll purchase the max two tickets (using a friend’s Citi card who can’t go). I only need one so I will sell the other at face value to whoever on here who wants it. 

Codes go out tonight (lottery system) and sale isn’t until tomorrow morning. So won’t know until then. 

sent you a PM

On 18.9.2019 at 8:45 PM, KURT19 said:

No worries about it selling out.

This is a CITI corporate gig...expect Citi Corp cardmembers, big-wig suits and their clients to be given a ton of free tickets. 

The atmosphere is going to be through the roof then. 

On 18.9.2019 at 10:49 PM, Lethalis said:

It's more like Disneyland. It costs a small fortune, and you get to see Mickey Mouse.

What if it was the other way around... if Mickey Mouse in Disneyland sounded like Axl Rose in his heyday, I'd travel there ASAP. I've been there once as a kid, the Mickey I met then was mute. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Haha 3

I'm viewing Guns touring these days like football season.  Get a beverage, read the comments about the shows, watch some of it, then complain. The only thing I can't do is bet on the concerts.   It's Guns n' Roses season baby, bring it on!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I'm viewing Guns touring these days like football season.  Get a beverage, read the comments about the shows, watch some of it, then complain. The only thing I can't do is bet on the concerts.   It's Guns n' Roses season baby, bring it on!!

Oh yeah! Can we please set something up so we can start betting on concerts??!!

15 minutes ago, Crash Dieter said:

Oh yeah! Can we please set something up so we can start betting on concerts??!!

Absolutely, like betting on if a certain song will be played, length of the show, over/under on Axl's weight and how many comments says he sounds like Mickey.  Just have to be creative.

Looks like emails went out for the verified fan selection. I got waitlisted, which is fine as I probably wasn't going to buy anyway but for those waiting, check your email.

Edited by Stiff Competition

I bet £100 no new songs will be played who is taking me up on that?

Edited by lukepowell1988

5 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I bet £100 no new somgs will be played who is taking me up on that?

I don't thank any sane GNR fan would take you up on that, I think all of us would make the same bet you are making :lol:

Woohoo I got picked! Must be due to being a 25 year card holder. Now just need to book some flights. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I bet £100 no new somgs will be played who is taking me up on that?

Might wanna give @RussTCB a call. :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Might wanna give @RussTCB a call. :lol:

I refuse to ever bet on new GNR songs ever again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Seems like most were waitlisted.  I wonder out of the 5,000 spots for the venue, how many are actually available to the public/fans.

Congrats to those who got the code.  Enjoy the show.  

Maybe some more will open up if people only buy 1 and/or people who got the code don't have access to a Citi card.

I will be checking the secondary market, but, guessing the prices will be outrageous!

• Like 1