09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

4 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

They have,, also perfect crime

I only remember seeing The General and Atlas on a setlist from a rumored 2011 rehearsal set that BBA posted on another forum that had both Atlas and The General on it , but I don't think it was ever confirmed to be legit?  Unless there is some other occasion I missed - Perfect Crime I do remember being on the alt. song section of the setlist though

Edited by WhazUp

The only sustainable source of income for musicians appears to be from concerts.  At these concerts I suspect 98% only wants to hear the songs that they grew up with.  When that is the case why bother with a new album?  For what gain?  For someone to just steal early versions of it online? 

Edited by malco_2001
Forgot a word
  • Haha 1

imagine how long it'll take to 2 albums from now let alone 1??? this is why everything is so impossible seeming with new music yet some people on here will say people who want more than 1 more album are greedy--umm how--so 2 albums in about 30 years when other groups put them out every 2-5 yrs?

Edited by STPGNR4EVER

12 minutes ago, lightBLASTER said:

Yeah I distinctly remember them being on setlists in the past. General around 06-08. Atlas maybe a little after.

I don't believe either have shown up - Prostitute did in 06 and OMG later as well as Perfect Crime, but never those two.  The only time I saw those show up was a unconfirmed rehearsal setlist page a person on another forum posted back in 2011 for the 2011 tour.  And of course, the orchestral parts of The General that were played pre-show years ago but was not designated on paper.  

Edited by WhazUp

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I don't believe either have shown up - Prostitute did in 06 and OMG later as well as Perfect Crime, but never those two.  The only time I saw those show up was a unconfirmed rehearsal setlist page a person on another forum posted back in 2011 for the 2011 tour.  And of course, the orchestral parts of The General that were played pre-show but was not designated on paper.  

Tbh I wasn’t even following them in 2011. And the set list I saw only had The General as an alt, not both The General and Atlas. Then I saw one later with Atlas as an alt. 

2 minutes ago, lightBLASTER said:

Tbh I wasn’t even following them in 2011. And the set list I saw only had The General as an alt, not both The General and Atlas. Then I saw one later with Atlas as an alt. 

Yeah, whatever setlist photos you saw were definitely not legit in that case - neither have ever shown up on a proper show setlist beyond that one 2011 post which may/may not have been a legitimate rehearsal pre-tour list of songs. 

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

sounded good at spots (rocket, estranged, slither instrumental) and garbage others. Mostly bland

its still the NITL tour so maybe unfair to expect changes but it’s so tepid

glad casuals are having fun reliving the past nostalgia. Band is cashing in. Good for them

hope Axl loses 20 lbs for health but great to see him in good spirits A happy life is more important than anything else 

hope cd2 is released and promoted to hell

bucket and robin and Tommy deserve their hard work to be heard and loved

hope for an Axl robin reunion

Hope is all We can do

1 minute ago, Creed said:

ah, OK. so she is still in.

yeah, Melissa was there as usual tonight, playing her keyboards that aren't in the mix.   it's so lame to see her playing keys on all the Appetite and Illusion songs without keyboards.   how does she sleep at night knowing no one can hear her play?    she played tambourine at one point which was better than her usual keyboard mime.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For a quick summary of the each show check the first post. 

If you have something to add in any show thread just tag me :thumbsup:

Setlist:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Coma
Blues Jam/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Wish You Were Here
November Rain
Knockin' On Heavens Door
Nightrain

Patience
Paradise City

Alternates:
My Michelle
Out Ta Get Me
Sorry
Dead Horse
Locomotive
Hard School
Prostitute
There Was A Time
Catcher In The Rye
So Fine
Benny & The Jets
Madagascar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, RecklessLifer said:

yeah, Melissa was there as usual tonight, playing her keyboards that aren't in the mix.   it's so lame to see her playing keys on all the Appetite and Illusion songs without keyboards.   how does she sleep at night knowing no one can hear her play?    she played tambourine at one point which was better than her usual keyboard mime.    

At least Pittman was entertaining. Melissa is a borefest, she's much better on instagram

17 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I would be mad because they were an hour and a half late, played a shorter set than usual, and done nothing to change it up.

Well in all fairness it was discussed by people here they could not get everyone in the doors in time. They only opened doors an hour before show. The band waited until everyone was able to get inside then started shortly after. I reckon if all those people stuck outside still would have gotten in to find out the show was over an hour in they would have been mad too. 

So the lateness was a possible venue issue.

They got over 2 hours worth and this Is a warm up so it's not unusual for it to be a little shorter but more likely they had to make up the time lost waiting for fans to get inside.

33 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I totally disagree!  I love Tool's new album, in fact it is one of my favorites from them overall, just only below Lateralus

I love the new Tool album as well, took a few listens but now enjoy and appreciate the complexity, the moodiness and the journey of each song. The vocals are amazing - I reckon he is a very underrated singer. Hopefully GnR, or really Axl, takes note of the popularity of Tool's new release and the sales, and maybe takes encouragement from it! 

58 minutes ago, malco_2001 said:

The only sustainable source of income for musicians appears to be from concerts.  At these concerts I suspect 98% only wants to hear the songs that they grew up with.  When that is the case why bother with a new album?  For what gain?  For someone to just steal early versions of it online? 

To create something. I write songs as a hobby and I have a need to create something new once in a while. Something that let's me vent my thoughts and feelings. Other times I do it for fun, for shits and giggles. Because I like it. I suspect those are the main reasons people do art. They want to and need to.

Of course, when you are a professional you need to have a product that you can market yourself with. Like a new album to advertise your new tour.

Also, one can be a performing artist without releasing anything new. That's cool too.

But making an album has never been as easy and cheap as it is today, so I don't really get all this talk about losing money and albums not selling enough. Plan the recording process carefully, record it efficiently, release it with hardcore fans in mind, market it to casuals and do a tour playing the classics. Not exactly rocket science.

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 2