09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

6 minutes ago, Thorbear said:

Is the setlist containing locomotive, hardschool, dead horse and Benny and The jets as alternative songs from a credible source? I have not seen the original post, just read about it.. 

To me it just seems too much like a fantasy for forum members, I don't know... I am a bit sceptical. 

There is a photo of it on the first post of this thread.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoForJMark said:

Performance wise it was tight. Frank improved, can you believe it? No new songs performed, but hard school and UYI deep cuts were added on the alt setlist. 

I wouldn’t put it past the band to be intentionally adding those songs to troll the fans. Just like oh my god and perfect crime being added to the alt. setlist and they haven’t played yet since reuniting

11 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Aging happens, yes we know. But if you cant do your job, retire.

Good thing he's still doing his job then

3 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

If GNR could get a younger singer that actually sounded good, would you still support the band?

There is no Gn'R without Axl. He's literally irreplaceable.

4 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

If GNR could get a younger singer that actually sounded good, would you still support the band?

Personally, I want to see and hear Axl Rose. He is very fat now and his voice is not what it used to be but it‘s still Axl and he cannot be replaced.

I know, it takes 4 people to lift that bloke of the stage. They won't replace him.

He sounded bad tho, no denying it. I have been 'oh that's just Axl, it's been worse!'ing it through most of 2011-2019, but it's unlikely that he'a going to improve. '06 and '10 were damn powerful, Axl/DC was pretty good too.

3 hours ago, jeancarlo said:

Why so fat uncle Axl? WHY? 

I know you really dont want an answer and you are just posting a rhetorical  question, being funny.  I am not correcting you or going after you.                I am just generally posting.      I have been wanting to post on his huge weight gain.                                                              He is 57.  It happens for some women and men to gain at mid age due to hormone decreses. Then older, elderly,  people get thinner.  I am one of  the yoyo people and have  been super  thinner and been at a nice weight for myself and now, too godamn heavy. I am psyhcially fit in that I go hard at the gym. I have Lots of energy .        I have been in bith sides of the scale. Thin ,lean is better.     Plus sized is not                                 For Axl. He is an entertainer on stage. Aint nobody looking at me. Before his tour started 3.5 years ago, he could have gotten trainer, chef all working with his doctor and a nutritionist.  Free too. Tax write off. Business exoense on his company.  To stay in safe.....He can walk the beach in Malibu by his house. Swim everyday at home. Men lose faster than women. He could have lost a good 50 pounds off and kept it off. His stage shows- super hot lights and the stage fans still , hot, walking, running, singing, it is an Zumba workout really.  Some lipo for love handles and moobs.  Stage ready for the entire 3.5 tour plus.  I wonder  if he has to have oxygen duw to his weight and age and stage show. No biggie. Football players have too.  I know I  need to lose weight. Being a tall woman , but plus sized, ehh,  I try to get by . I really cannot when I want to look better dressed up. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I feel like we struggle with the concept of ageing on here. Yes it sucks but it is an actual thing, nobody can go backwards even with all the wishful thinking in the world.

Slash and Duff are not going backwards. Yet they look in better shape than Axl.

I'm not asking Axl to look the same way he looked back in 1991. But I believe he still can look closer to the 2006 Axl if he willing to make the effort. He has the right to do anything he wants to. And we have the right the point out that a few things could be better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

"Mac Daddy" or Mack Daddy is a term used to describe a man with an unusual power over women, and is derived from the French and later Louisiana Creole patois term "maqereau," which means "pimp." Adding "daddy" makes it mean "top pimp."

I am from Louisiana. Thnx for teaching me something new 

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Axl sounds fine to me there. I haven't heard any of the rest of the show though. 

Also, I usually don't comment on his looks but he does look cool with the shorter hair IMO 

So Melissa was there, I thought from earlier comments she was gone, but the jungle vid she’s clearly there.

I like Melissa, good backing voice and great eye candy onstage :) 

Edited by Download

7 minutes ago, Padme said:

Slash and Duff are not going backwards. Yet they look in better shape than Axl.

I'm not asking Axl to look the same way he looked back in 1991. But I believe he still can look closer to the 2006 Axl if he willing to make the effort. He has the right to do anything he wants to. And we have the right the point out that a few things could be better.

No one ages the same. You also don’t know of any health issues that may be related to appearance like a thyroid issue. 

Care to comment about the performance all you like, but people who are caught up in his physical appearance is a bit much  

Edited by guitarpatch

3 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Axl's bob cut is breaking the illusion of badass rock star. Just go short and spiky, my dear man.

But yeah, the band sounds good. Setlist is what it is, but if the audience at the venue enjoys it, who am I to complain. Great to see them back in action!

Truth. His haircut is just not becoming. It is ageing. It is  old lady looking. Dorothy Hamil bowl cut. A little boys bowl haircut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1