09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

4 minutes ago, Download said:

So Melissa was there, I thought from earlier comments she was gone, but the jungle vid she’s clearly there.

I like Melissa, good backing voice and great eye candy onstage :) 

I saw that post earlier and have no idea what the user was talking about. I could take or leave Melissa personally, but it's obvious she was there. 

The short hair would look better with a beard or stache or something.

Yeah, his voice is rough but hes 57 years old and it's not like he has a gentle way of singing...

Honestly though... I dont care about his looks or his live voice, I care about new music and hardschool being on the setlist is progress towards that.

5 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

No one ages the same. You also don’t know of any health issues that may be related to appearance like a thyroid issue. 

Care to comment about the performance all you like, but people who are caught up in his physical appearance is a bit much  

We're not talking about some guy who works in an office. We are talking about someone who takes the stage, everything matter. Also keep in mind that shows are not for free. So the product you see has to be worthy of your money.

If he has health issue. Then that's the best reason for him to take care of himself

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

Slash and Duff are not going backwards. Yet they look in better shape than Axl.

I'm not asking Axl to look the same way he looked back in 1991. But I believe he still can look closer to the 2006 Axl if he willing to make the effort. He has the right to do anything he wants to. And we have the right the point out that a few things could be better.

Not everyone ages the same though or has the same body type. Axl is a small guy, if he had Duff's height or Slash's broader upper body it might balance out a bit more. He probably could look closer to 2006 with a six month bootcamp but who knows what else he has going on. Whilst there's a distinct possibility he just can't be arsed it could also be a range of health issues at his age, something like a dodgy thyroid can really fuck metabolism up. Yes people are free to point it out and complain but I think we're fighting the tide.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, liers said:

The short hair would look better with a beard or stache or something.

Yeah, his voice is rough but hes 57 years old and it's not like he has a gentle way of singing...

Honestly though... I dont care about his looks or his live voice, I care about new music and hardschool being on the setlist is progress towards that.

I've thought for a while he should cut his hair but it still takes a bit of getting used to. I think he should have gone for a shaved undercut Ashba style, everyone would have loved that. :rofl-lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Is there any evidence for that 'setlist' being a real one? It seems quite easy to fake and the tracklisting for the alternate songs comes off as way too 'wishlisty' for me to 100% believe it.

Only reason I put stock into it is because @Gibboupdates our setlists and he's a rock solid source. He will usually only post / share information that he's 1000% certain of. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Is there any evidence for that 'setlist' being a real one? It seems quite easy to fake and the tracklisting for the alternate songs comes off as way too 'wishlisty' for me to 100% believe it.

This. Only reason for me that it might be real is the Slash warmup footage where he plays the Locomotive riff. 

2 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Excuse me if this has already been discussed but I do wonder if it’s a coincidence that Hardschool made it the setlist after it has leaked a few weeks ago. 

Do you are think someone observed this board and told the band that the leak got good feedback or something like this? 

I'm curious why hardschool and not atlas... unless they already had plans to do something with hardschool

It's suspicious why Hard School would be appearing in a GNR alt setlist a mere month after the full version leaked after several years of it only being a legend known as Checkmate.  :P

Axl looked like shit, but it's only the first night back after a multiple month hiatus.  He should get better deeper into the tour, and hopefully change up the setlist to get out of his comfort zone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, liers said:

I'm curious why hardschool and not atlas... unless they already had plans to do something with hardschool

Assuming they're not just trolling the fuck out of the hardcore contingent and do intend to debut it I can see being the one track that S&D are more into and I would say it got the most positive feedback overall. I can imagine it getting airplay more than the others if it was a single release.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gackt said:

It's suspicious why Hard School would be appearing in a GNR alt setlist a mere month after the full version leaked after several years of it only being a legend known as Checkmate.  :P

Axl looked like shit, but it's only the first night back after a multiple month hiatus.  He should get better deeper into the tour, and hopefully change up the setlist to get out of his comfort zone.

State of Grace, Perhaps > Hardschool 

what do we all expect from Axl, really?  The guy has never been one to hit the gym rigorously and be in the best shape as possible 😂 I don’t see him going on an all keto diet cuz he has tour dates coming up. 

Edited by Download

25 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

As far as the alternates list goes, I'd sure love to see Dead Horse and Locomotive get played! 

I listened Locomotive couple of times yesterday, definitely one of my favorites from the Illusions. I keep wondering why they don't play it. Too demanding to sing? Using the same logic YCBM should be dropped from the set list. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

We shouldn’t comment on the weight as we don’t know the circumstances. He very possibly has health issues that make the weight beyond his control. Maybe he’s comfortable been a bit bigger in older age.

Or maybe he just loves Taco Bell, that’s his  business. 

Yeah some medication, particularly for bipolar disorder or psychosis, makes you blow up like a balloon and there’s nothing you can really do about it.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Only reason I put stock into it is because @Gibboupdates our setlists and he's a rock solid source. He will usually only post / share information that he's 1000% certain of. 

This 100%... the setlist is real... as for if they would ever play some of those alts?   Who knows...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Axl sounds fine to me there. I haven't heard any of the rest of the show though. 

Also, I usually don't comment on his looks but he does look cool with the shorter hair IMO 

Come on Russ lol.  Sounds fine to you?  Good grief, you should go back and watch some 80s/90s Axl.  This....is garbage.  Out of pitch, struggling to keep his breath and the scream is just.....turrible. 

Agree the hair looks good though. 

Just to ask....last night about 1 hour before the show began, there were 2 threads on another forum that claimed a portion of Hard School was played during rehearsals. Several asked for video to verify, none was produced that I saw, but multiple people claimed to have heard it outside the venue....Anyone see or hear anything on this?

4 minutes ago, Creed said:

someone said she deleted her twitter or sth. then i saw that her last pic on IG was at a hospital in April. She was then 3 weeks i'll. so i was confused.

i'm the first guy who would blame Axl for his look and voice, but come on...this time its ridiculous. he looks fit. slash is 'fatter' than him this time. the short hair was a good decision. putting glasses and hats away as well.

I think the appearance of the frontman just naturally stands out more than the appearance of other band members. I do agree that his hair looks good. I didn’t like it at first but it grew on me (no pun intended).

In other news; I’m surprised none of the media outlets so far have written about the fact that they were and hour and a half late.

Edited by rocknroll41