09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

It's suspicious why Hard School would be appearing in a GNR alt setlist a mere month after the full version leaked after several years of it only being a legend known as Checkmate.  :P

Some days ago I said here the whole leak bollocks looked like something orchestrated by management and several zombies laughed at me.

Guess who's laughing now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Were you really there? Did Hardschool sound different all?

Yes I was there. About to take off in a minute . 

Hardschool sounded waaaay different. 

The drumming sucked :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Yes, Hardschool is on the alt. setlist and was rehearsed. That doesn't mean the band was behind the leaks or is even happy that they occurred. It's more likely that the band were working on Hardschool (along with other CD material) and have since included it on the alt. setlist now that its earlier version has leaked.

•  
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Legendador said:

The leaks: the band has something to do with it, or else why rehearse Hardschool and don't play it, and here's what pisses the most, the alternate setlist

It’s really simple. Band rehearse it cause they want to play it. But Axl is fat and shit and not ready. Same situation with Shadow of your love. They didn’t play it in Berlin because Axl was so bad. But they did play this on next shows when his shape got better. Propably it will be similair with HS.

9 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I'm really, really, really HATING this band right now!

I don't even know were to begin:

1. I told you so: no new songs on the set, condensed set, no rants, a new Slash solo (?)
  2. The leaks: the band has something to do with it, or else why rehearse Hardschool and don't play it, and here's what pisses the most, the alternate setlist
  3. The alternate Setlist:

70691510_2719982851368655_66438324858115

• Dead Horse, Locomotive, So Fine - So we old schoolers pray for something "different".
  • Out Ta Get Me, My Michelle - So the real old schoolers pray and wait for Steven to come back to do one song.
  • Any of the ChiDem songs in the list - So the new fans pray for something "different".
  • Benny & The Jets - Wow! A new cover!!!
  • Hardschool - Let's keep them hoping for something new.

And that's it. They don't wanna do it and they will keep playing with us, with a big "ALMOST" every time.

See, Meegan even posted a IG story with Slash warming up playing Locomotive.

So why rehearse the damn thing (Locomotive and Hardschool) if they are not gonna play it? Just to keep people hoping during the rest of a 3 year tour with the SAME SETLIST.

I just can't with LALD, Slither, I Used to Love Her, Black Hole Sun anymore, they are not that great!

They are just teasing and keeping us "interested" hoping something different will happen.

The first leaks were great-to-ok (Perhaps, State of Grace, Hardschool, Atlas even the new Silkworms), but now I understand why there's no ChiDem 2, there's not enough good material!

And then people here in this forum think that Eye On You, Quick Song, Zodiac are AWESOME. For real? Well, when we don't have nothing even a whistle is great, right?

P.S. and now Susan delete her Instagram account, maybe because she got too much heat from that SS picture, and wasn't even at yesterday's gig, which is odd, but hope everything is good between them.

I'm done, that's not the band that I love and support for 30 plus years.

Yes, maybe I think they owe me something because I bought the records, the tickets, the merch, I supported them, as all of us here did., but maybe I'm wrong.

I don't have anymore expectations with this band, they are great, I still love them, but to me it is enough.

I thought I saw Susan standing next to Slash’s girlfriend for Paradise City. Looked like her anyways 

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Yes, Hardschool is on the alt. setlist and was rehearsed. That doesn't mean the band was behind the leaks or is even happy that they occurred. It's more likely that the band were working on Hardschool (along with other CD material) and have since included it on the alt. setlist now that its earlier version has leaked.

•  

I'm sorry but you're being naive. They leaked the thing or allowed it to be leaked.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I'm really, really, really HATING this band right now!

I don't even know were to begin:

1. I told you so: no new songs on the set, condensed set, no rants, a new Slash solo (?)
  2. The leaks: the band has something to do with it, or else why rehearse Hardschool and don't play it, and here's what pisses the most, the alternate setlist
  3. The alternate Setlist:

70691510_2719982851368655_66438324858115

• Dead Horse, Locomotive, So Fine - So we old schoolers pray for something "different".
  • Out Ta Get Me, My Michelle - So the real old schoolers pray and wait for Steven to come back to do one song.
  • Any of the ChiDem songs in the list - So the new fans pray for something "different".
  • Benny & The Jets - Wow! A new cover!!!
  • Hardschool - Let's keep them hoping for something new.

And that's it. They don't wanna do it and they will keep playing with us, with a big "ALMOST" every time.

See, Meegan even posted a IG story with Slash warming up playing Locomotive.

So why rehearse the damn thing (Locomotive and Hardschool) if they are not gonna play it? Just to keep people hoping during the rest of a 3 year tour with the SAME SETLIST.

I just can't with LALD, Slither, I Used to Love Her, Black Hole Sun anymore, they are not that great!

They are just teasing and keeping us "interested" hoping something different will happen.

The first leaks were great-to-ok (Perhaps, State of Grace, Hardschool, Atlas even the new Silkworms), but now I understand why there's no ChiDem 2, there's not enough good material!

And then people here in this forum think that Eye On You, Quick Song, Zodiac are AWESOME. For real? Well, when we don't have nothing even a whistle is great, right?

P.S. and now Susan delete her Instagram account, maybe because she got too much heat from that SS picture, and wasn't even at yesterday's gig, which is odd, but hope everything is good between them.

I'm done, that's not the band that I love and support for 30 plus years.

Yes, maybe I think they owe me something because I bought the records, the tickets, the merch, I supported them, as all of us here did., but maybe I'm wrong.

I don't have anymore expectations with this band, they are great, I still love them, but to me it is enough.

Susan seriously deleted her instagram? Because of a pic with Stephanie Seymour? 

I pray to god this isn’t true...

Edited by Download

I haven't  finished listening to everything and am glad they "warmed up" with this intimate show before the larger crowds/venues.  I'll be at the Charlotte show on Wednesday and was FEARING another Berlin vocal blow out..... this show from what I've gotten through so far is nowhere near Berlin / for first show after a sizable amount of time Axl sounds GREAT for a FIRST SHOW BACK.

Civil war is tough on the high notes, I've heard better on COMA but again, first show back so have to take this all with a grain of salt- if he improves and modifies how he signs songs (usually moves to lower register), should be amazing.

I still find it amazing that the best I've heard Axl since reuniting was when he sang for AC/DC, there almost is no comparison and he was absolutely amazing.  Second being Coachella, mainly I assume because he wasn't using up energy and stamina running around......... THRONE

8 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I'm sorry but you're being naive. They leaked the thing or allowed it to be leaked.

I don't entirely discount it, but what's the benefit in purposefully leaking material one is working on? Especially in such a large quantity. It undermines their current work and the final product, and these leaks failed to drum up interest outside these message boards. Hardschool was the only leak to gain some form of media recognition, and it was very little. I would be more inclined to believe your argument if only one song leaked, but an EP's worth of songs with vocals has been leaked, and no band in the world would like that.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

It’s really simple. Band rehearse it cause they want to play it. But Axl is fat and shit and not ready. Same situation with Shadow of your love. They didn’t play it in Berlin because Axl was so bad. But they did play this on next shows when his shape got better. Propably it will be similair with HS.

I coulda sworn SOYL was played at Berlin. Is my memory really that screwed up now?

In other news; as exciting as this all is (leaks and new alt setlist and all), the best of of this whole reunion thing has still been the very beginning... and by that, I mean 2015, when pitman got drunk and made an ass of himself on Twitter!

Edited by rocknroll41

His hair looks fine, much better than that weird previous version that wasn’t long enough or short enough. That’s what happens when you’re old, hair just doesn’t grow that long. At least he is not bald.

But he really put on some weight, that’s bad.

I’ll check out the videos, could not resist the delay. Did he say anything about it?

Really disappointing there was no changes.

2 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

His hair looks fine, much better than that weird previous version that wasn’t long enough or short enough. That’s what happens when you’re old, hair just doesn’t grow that long. At least he is not bald.

But he really put on some weight, that’s bad.

I’ll check out the videos, could not resist the delay. Did he say anything about it?

Really disappointing there was no changes.

He joked about the delay a little bit here and there. After slash’s solo on one song he said “not bad for a late motherfucker, huh?” And in between another two songs he said “nice to see you all happy instead of screaming FUCK YOU AXL... I get that a lot you know!”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Yeap! So I got blocked! But why? LOL

Never even posted anything over there.

She also posted an instastory of her, Duff and Grace backstage at the show.

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I coulda sworn SOYL was played at Berlin. Is my memory really that screwed up now?

It wasn't. Slither was played for the first time in Berlin though.

20 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Some days ago I said here the whole leak bollocks looked like something orchestrated by management and several zombies laughed at me.

Guess who's laughing now.

Guess the zombies are still laughing since you don't have any evidence for your stupid claim