09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

As much as I am disappointed in the setlist, feels right for a festival (excluding Coma, Wichita, BHS) or the new markets they will hit. However, this is close to exhausted. Slash and Duff have to be bored. 

Appreciate those defending Axl - but it’s just a damn shame all around. Suppose we should enjoy what we can while we can. 

23 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

They really should have swapped around the order.  After Civil war, there's about 25minutes where it's absolutely  boring. I'd take out that entire stretch, replace it with patience and deadhorse. There's  really no need to stretch the show out to 3hrs, you have to be a really due hard gnr defender not to admit that it sags in the middle. Too many solos, too much down time between songs! And it's far too predictable.

In my humble opinion, the set list is perfectly fine. And there's no need of solos (unless it's because Axl needs to rest his voice) but, the setlist is predictable because there are no new songs.

3 minutes ago, Creed said:

but being realistic, i would say only 15% of the audience would like to hear new stuff...the forum communities are superfans who don't represent the ticket buyers. gnr is a nostalgia act. the mainstream will hate silkworms.

TBH quite many people here hate/dislike Silkworms too.

1 minute ago, jekylhyde said:

^ There's nothing wrong with playing a new song for that 15%, though.

Absolutely. Even if you are Axl Rose (who's mind must be one of the most complex & mysterious places in the universe) you must understand that many of the die hard fans are simply interested in music that you have created (with other people) and just want to hear it.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, h2sublime said:

One thing I noticed while looking at the Blabbermouth article about this show was that the comments were full of statements like “awesome setlist” so no matter what those of us that follow the band’s every show might think, the casual fan of GNR is very happy with it.

Truth is we, the hardcore fans are sick of it because we follow every show and have the setlist memorized. But the setlist is pretty solid to those who haven’t seen Guns live or haven’t in many years. Chinese songs, good portion of Appetite, UYI deepcuts, Slither, etc. It is solid but most of the hardcore fan base has tired on it.

• Like 2

Was at the show, 2 people away from the absolute front, slash threw me a guitar pick, when paradise began to play I made my way towards the back/middle of the crowd in prime position for Axls mic throw, i got 2 fingers on the mic, about 4 of us fell to the ground and I think some old lady managed to get away with the microphone lol.

i yelled jackie chan and silkworms a few times when it was quiet, I know for a fact axl heard me at least twice.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, fumardude said:

Was at the show, 2 people away from the absolute front, slash threw me a guitar pick, when paradise began to play I made my way towards the back/middle of the crowd in prime position for Axls mic throw, i got 2 fingers on the mic, about 4 of us fell to the ground and I think some old lady managed to get away with the microphone lol.

i yelled jackie chan and silkworms a few times when it was quiet, I know for a fact axl heard me at least twice.

I’m really glad you and a few others have been pushing for Hard School, I’d love to hear it more than any other song right now, but I do wonder if Axl regrets putting it on the alt setlist more and more and will refuse to play it due to that. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Creed said:

but being realistic, i would say only 15% of the audience would like to hear new stuff...the forum communities are superfans who don't represent the ticket buyers. gnr is a nostalgia act. the mainstream will hate silkworms.

I don’t know about all of that. Even if you’re a casual fan that just wants to see em live, chances are pretty high that you have see them on the NITL tour. It’s not going to kill the band to rehearse some different songs and mix the set list up a little. 

I woke up this morning and looked at the set list and just shook my head 😂 talk about phoning it in... hey I guess they can laugh all the way to the bank

2 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Time and Money. People get older. Priorities change. The same things don’t motivate them. The band has earned a ton of money the last 3 years. 90 percent of the audiences are casual fans. They don’t give a fuck about set lists or new songs or anything else a diehard fan cares about. Look there’s Axl. Look there’s Slash. Cool. Cool. 

And you said it all. Perfect truth Good , factual post. Casual fans  and Trendy fans vs. Diehard fans . 

2 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Who cares what anyone in the band looks like ? 

Can they still play at a high level ? U damn right they can and they do !! 

I can listen to Slash all day everyday “ Professional “ always brings it every gig 

Because when you are in shape, you can sing better. And since he insists on running back and forth on stage, he needs to be healthy. There’s a reason Axl was a hoss in 06 and sounded awesome. He was in shape and a beast. I’d like to see that again is all I’m saying.

19 minutes ago, Sabriya said:

You guys really need to shut up about his weight and fucking deal with it

Why?

50 minutes ago, Creed said:

Well, I agree that for the casual fan the setlist is amazing, all the hits are there. But they could throw us, the die hards, a bone! I don’t know how Slash’s setlist with Miles is, if they change often, but don’t they get bored playing the exact same songs in exact the same order for 3 years? There's so many songs they could play and all they do is change/add covers.

12 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Well, I agree that for the casual fan the setlist is amazing, all the hits are there. But they could throw us, the die hards, a bone! I don’t know how Slash’s setlist with Miles is, if they change often, but don’t they get bored playing the exact same songs in exact the same order for 3 years? There's so many songs they could play and all they do is change/add covers.

Slash plays the same setlist for the whole tour and the majority of the living the dream tour was the same set.  Usually all he does is swap the GnR song he plays night to night (rocket queen or nightrain) .  he might switch a couple things up here and there but it's 99% the same.

This is the way most bands go about their live shows.

Edited by Bitchisback

What can I say? 

Faxl is back again.

Still hits Taco Bell.

Even had to cut his hair.

With no sense of shame.

I have nothing negative to say about the band itself, they all play perfectly and probably are told what setlist to play. Only complaint could be Slash on Chinese solos, but at this point, it doesn't even matter, especially since Slash kills it on everything else.

My sole problem is Axl. I think it doesn't get to his mind that when he goes on stage, we expect him to take on the Axl's mantle, and become that legendary frontman again.

He looks & sounds like he doesn't give a single fuck anymore. No new song. No passion. Mediocre vocals. No work on his physical appearance (yes, it does matter, it's part of the show, he is the frontman & singer, not the goddamn backup pianist or something).

Axl is on autopilot mode, and I can't help but wonder what the fuck he's done in the last 10 months. I surely hope he has been working very, very hard on laying new vocals for the new album. But even that doesn't justify his current shape & vocals.

I know he's not getting any younger but he's not 70/75 either. He's still in his 50's, he can still pull it off. 

Doesn't he have a personal trainer and an expert nutritionist? He sure needs those two, like never before. 

I wouldn't mind if he looked like this while not on tour. BUT YOU ARE TOURING MAN! It should be exciting enough to hit the gym hard and sing better than ever AND including new songs and drop some songs you've been playing forever. But apparently for Axl, nah, it's just another day at "work", nothing exciting, nothing justifying to go all out.

Godammit. The price tickets are incredibly high, and Axl thinks it's okay to come like that and sing like shit? At this point, it's a lack of respect to the audience. But if the audience is stupid enough to attend the next upcoming shows and pay such deluded prices, hey, why not. 

I just wonder where the real Axl is, right now. The one who had a vision and passion. The one who would make huge come backs and prove everyone wrong. 

That reunion is maybe the worst thing that could happen to Axl. It made him lose his motivation. I have never seen him as dull as this. Now the big three fill whatever arena/stadium without any effort, and the mainstream audience seems satisfied enough. Because sure, they play all the hits, the length of the show is respectable and the instrumental part is impeccable (for the most part). So I guess that's enough for them.

I mean, it's great if he's happy with that, sure. Well, at least we have those leaks. That's the only thing that keeps Gn'R alive for me as of now. What Axl & members that are not Slash & Duff wrote 20 years ago. Uncanny.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Does anyone think Axl would have serious trouble singing Hard School live? Or have to falsetto the entire thing?

Well most of the verses are sung in a very comfortable low, almost talking voice like tone for him, so those parts should be easy, and be a good way to rest in between rasp. I’d say that Shadow is harder to sing for him. 

Edited by Underhardy