09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Does anyone think Axl would have serious trouble singing Hard School live? Or have to falsetto the entire thing?

This is a mistery for me. It is possible that he would just mickey the whole thing. But maybe he will surprise us. I remember that many people said that he would die if he sang SOYL. And it was a highlight on EU leg. So nothing is ever obvious with Axl.

3 minutes ago, D.. said:

That reunion is maybe the worst thing that could happen to Axl. It made him lose his motivation. I have never seen him as dull as this. Now the big three fill whatever arena/stadium without any effort, and the mainstream audience seems satisfied enough. Because sure, they play all the hits, the length of the show is respectable and the instrumental part is impeccable (for the most part). So I guess that's enough for them.

Well in 2016, he seemed to be pretty motivated. I think way more than in most 2011-2014 shows. But he went downhill from there. The guy need some challenge, some motivation. Last time it was AC/DC, now he should release music and work his ass off to represent it as good as he can. 

He is the best when he is in the fight mode. Now he is far from it. He is tired and bored.

*PLAY GODDAMN HARDSCHOOL PLS*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sl4yer said:

Well in 2016, he seemed to be pretty motivated. I think way more than in most 2011-2014 shows. But he went downhill from there. The guy need some challenge, some motivation. Last time it was AC/DC, now he should release music and work his ass off to represent it as good as he can. 

He is the best when he is in the fight mode. Now he is far from it. He is tired and bored.

*PLAY GODDAMN HARDSCHOOL PLS*

He was definitely motivated in 2016... For Axl/DC shows. But he definitely made efforts with Guns too. And yeah it went downhill from there.

I think he basically needs to be insulted to be motivated, just look at 2001, 2006 and 2010. He got shit on the internet for years, and whenever he came back on stage, he fucking gave it his all.

Now all the medias are saying great things, and he's lost motivation. I even saw an article on yesterday's show that was pretty nice... journalists have really no objectivity. 2010 Guns shows were miles better than anything between 2016 and now.

• Like 1

I think it's a case of "#1 so why try harder?" All he ever gets told or reads is how good the GNR shows are and how the shows are sold out. Don't really have motivation to work out/eat clean regularly then. And if his vocals are not being scrutinized by fans or even the band, why change that too? I think no one has the balls to criticize him in any way and that's why he stays that way.

21 minutes ago, D.. said:

What can I say? 

Faxl is back again.

Still hits Taco Bell.

Even had to cut his hair.

With no sense of shame.

I have nothing negative to say about the band itself, they all play perfectly and probably are told what setlist to play. Only complaint could be Slash on Chinese solos, but at this point, it doesn't even matter, especially since Slash kills it on everything else.

My sole problem is Axl. I think it doesn't get to his mind that when he goes on stage, we expect him to take on the Axl's mantle, and become that legendary frontman again.

He looks & sounds like he doesn't give a single fuck anymore. No new song. No passion. Mediocre vocals. No work on his physical appearance (yes, it does matter, it's part of the show, he is the frontman & singer, not the goddamn backup pianist or something).

Axl is on autopilot mode, and I can't help but wonder what the fuck he's done in the last 10 months. I surely hope he has been working very, very hard on laying new vocals for the new album. But even that doesn't justify his current shape & vocals.

I know he's not getting any younger but he's not 70/75 either. He's still in his 50's, he can still pull it off. 

This post hits the nail on the fucking head and describes exactly what is going on right now!

Well written good sir! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grouse said:

This post hits the nail on the fucking head and describes exactly what is going on right now!

Well written good sir! 

No it doesn't. Its jumbling.  the band goes on every night. People just want  to bitch about ANYTHING to make themselves feel better

The show was not bad. People want to hate it. The band was better then they have ever been

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 12:41 PM, slash23579 said:

Any of y’all think they’re gonna try taking down YouTube videos as soon as they’re put up?

God why? This is the world today. I saw the footage for Paradise City and their phones were up and recording. I think the performance rocked and the fans seemed pleased.

I think GNR know by now you can't stop people from recording.

Madonna wants fans to leave their phones at home or the door. She doesn't want anyone putting her concerts on youtube. Good luck with that! I bet she loses alot of fans over this. A lot of fans put their tickets on their phones and who would want to leave their phones with security?

Axl has a new hair cut! God love him!

6 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Also how is axl fat? He look s fine in this pic

wpnzn2e3.jpg

Okay, some of you are younger, but once you hit your 50's most people put on weight. It's just the way it is! Let it go! Axl was still rocking it and that's all that matters. I think Axl is just fine for his age and from what I saw most of the fans didn't care and weren't all a size 2 either. it's life people! Deal with it!

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Also how is axl fat? He look s fine in this pic

wpnzn2e3.jpg

You should check pics from his profile and other angles. Also, this picture is photoshopped.

Even so, I could somewhat cope with this current appearance if he sang amazing. As of now, he has nothing to entertain me, he's a shadow of what he used to be.

I'm sorry but I have to be honest here. He's at his lowest. I have a hard time accepting it after a 10 months break. Godammit this guy has so much potential and does NOTHING with it as of now, blows my mind.

Honestly, how can any of you say you're tired of hearing GNR's songs. I can listen to them forever. Many amazing rocking songs. I never tire of listening to them.

A lot of bands make new music, but then you see their concerts and they still play the hits. That's the way it is for most bands.

GNR is back! Love it or leave it! But stop your bitching about Axl looks and how he sings and whatever. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, some of you are younger, but once you hit your 50's most people put on weight. It's just the way it is! Let it go! Axl was still rocking it and that's all that matters. I think Axl is just fine for his age and from what I saw most of the fans didn't care and weren't all a size 2 either. it's life people! Deal with it!

Yeah axl and I have the same body type from what I have seen. I am 21 so I will probably look like Axl when i am almost 60.  The band was  really anorexic in the 80s when they barley ate

15 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

No it doesn't. Its jumbling.  the band goes on every night. People just want  to bitch about ANYTHING to make themselves feel better

The show was not bad. People want to hate it. The band was better then they have ever been

How about you go back and read D..'s post again because judging by your answer im pretty sure you did not read any of it :)