Jump to content
downzy

09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

Recommended Posts

Because they sound checked Hardschool or it’s on the potential set list does that not add more suspicion on the source of the leaks?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 4:48 PM, Legendador said:

If you guys could chose:

3 1/2 hours of music (28+ songs) with Mickey Mouse voice.

or

1 hour with full on rasp UYI Tour style?

To me, watching what he did with AC/DC, he choses to sing like that (MM) for longer shows.

I agree with you. Axl paces himself for a 3 hour show. Me personally...I rather have an hour show with full rasp, but mix up the setlist every night. 

Or

Have an hour and half or 2 hour shows like someone else suggested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the band/management were behind the leaks for promotional reasons, there would have been at least some reports about the story in the media and it wouldn't have been limited only on some forums (and not even htgth where there has been total silence about the leaks) that only a very small portion of the fanbase that goes to the shows visits.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, axl_on_drums said:

A band on total autio pilot. 

 

At least we have the leaks to remind us that for a good while Axl was driven. Not sure what went wrong. 

Time and Money. People get older. Priorities change. The same things don’t motivate them. The band has earned a ton of money the last 3 years. 90 percent of the audiences are casual fans. They don’t give a fuck about set lists or new songs or anything else a diehard fan cares about. Look there’s Axl. Look there’s Slash. Cool. Cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard School just randomly appearing on a setlist and people claiming they heard them rehearse it is really fucking weird.

For the last 13+(?) years that song was nothing but a 20 second clip called Checkmate to us. Later it got referred to as Jackie Chan by Axl. Now it leaks, along with a bunch of other ChiDem outtakes and suddenly it appears on the setlist after all this time. With Slash. And Duff, who had nothing to do with that song in the first place. 

If neither GN'R or TB is behind all this then who is and what the hell is going on? Because this is just bizarre. And pleeeeeaaaaase don't add anymore of those demo's to the setlist and let them be what they are, demo's that didn't make Chinese Democracy. Scraped did. Some elephant noises did. These leaks didn't.

Okay I'm being too harsh, Atlas had a really cool vibe and I didn't hate the vocals. I just think Axl can sound a bit better than that. They can add that song to the setlist as well imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard School on the setlist might just be them adapting to the situation.

It was the first song leaked this year, with a pretty good reception by the fans... They had time to rehearse this since the leak happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m glad he cut his hair short, it looks better.  Also, the term “fat” is being overused here.  His arms, butt and legs are toned.  He just has a belly, big deal.  That’s not fat.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really believe the band is trolling the fans by adding Hardschool to the list. It’s there way of telling us they see what’s going on with the leaks, maybe they think it’s serious but also somewhat funny, but I don’t think they have any intentions of playing the song

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh BTW. While they're on it; I wouldn't mind a reworked Ain't Going Down l, Crash Diet or Move To The City. I love the first 2 and Move To The Cuty always had an unfinished feel to it.

Edited by UcudBmine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Izzy squire said:

The last year, i saw avenged sevenfold and guns, Ax7 plays less than two hours, the first hour of gnr show is very more killer than all ax7 show

A7X dumbass

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

Oh BTW. While they're on it; I wouldn't mind a reworked Ain't Going Down l, Crash Diet or Move To The City. I love the first 2 and Move To The Cuty always had an unfinished feel to it.

I hate Move To The City so much sososos much, the worst GNR song for me. not even My World is as boring as that one to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

Hard School just randomly appearing on a setlist and people claiming they heard them rehearse it is really fucking weird.

For the last 13+(?) years that song was nothing but a 20 second clip called Checkmate to us. Later it got referred to as Jackie Chan by Axl. Now it leaks, along with a bunch of other ChiDem outtakes and suddenly it appears on the setlist after all this time. With Slash. And Duff, who had nothing to do with that song in the first place. 

If neither GN'R or TB is behind all this then who is and what the hell is going on? Because this is just bizarre. And pleeeeeaaaaase don't add anymore of those demo's to the setlist and let them be what they are, demo's that didn't make Chinese Democracy. Scraped did. Some elephant noises did. These leaks didn't.

Okay I'm being too harsh, Atlas had a really cool vibe and I didn't hate the vocals. I just think Axl can sound a bit better than that. They can add that song to the setlist as well imho.

It has been rumoured for a long time (and has even been confirmed by Slash and Duff) that they've been working or intend to work on so called "Chinese leftovers". And maybe HS is one of these songs. And maybe also since the leaks happened in the meantime, they said "fuck it, let's play one of these songs live;" or maybe they're just trolling the leaks like some people have suggested (I hope not).

We also can't be sure that Slash and particularly Duff had nothing to do with this song. The idea of it could have predated the CD era (it's something that's been speculated because Duff had mentioned a song for a Jackie Chan movie in 1996).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved this show. Honestly I think Axl sounded genuinely good for this being the first show in months. I think that this show set the bar pretty high, because from now on Axl will get better and better.

My only critics are that this bloated 3hour-long setlist is getting annoying pretty fast. I wish they would rework a new one (I don't even mind them playing the same songs, but in a different order please), cut it down to 2 hours and remove all the bullshit covers and extended solos and intros. A pure 2 hour long setlist that suits Axl's voice is the way to go. And keeping a nice alternative list so things don't get monotonous.

Leaving that aside, I think it was a great show. Ferrer was the surprise of the night for me, he sounded amazing. And Axl's hair, I liked it. He needs to loose the beer belly and that would be a badass look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JimmyMick3 said:

Yes.

If that’s true, than it’s pretty clear that’s what Slash was recording with Axl recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to watch the concert :( :shrugs:

maybe im just satiated by the leaks

Axl looks cool with short hair. Isn’t that the haircut he had during the 2000 Intensions sessions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

Oh BTW. While they're on it; I wouldn't mind a reworked Ain't Going Down l, Crash Diet or Move To The City. I love the first 2 and Move To The Cuty always had an unfinished feel to it.

Crash Diet would be great to hear, this song is amazing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kira said:

I’m glad he cut his hair short, it looks better.  Also, the term “fat” is being overused here.  His arms, butt and legs are toned.  He just has a belly, big deal.  That’s not fat.

That is being overweight, the worst kind of overweight because it’s reeeeally bad for your heart, especially at his age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I coulda sworn SOYL was played at Berlin. Is my memory really that screwed up now?

Yeah, first time was in Denmark. They didn’t even play YCBM in Berlin

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Legendador said:

 

I'm sorry but you're being naive. They leaked the thing or allowed it to be leaked.

I've thought same thing for awhile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

If that’s true, than it’s pretty clear that’s what Slash was recording with Axl recently.

One would hope he recorded more than just ONE song with Axl recently!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

I hate Move To The City so much sososos much, the worst GNR song for me. not even My World is as boring as that one to me

Really? I always had a thing for it. I like the rhytm guitar playing along Axl's lyrics, it's really subtle. I always thought it had potential. But everyone has their own taste of course. And I decided to completely ignore and forget about My World after hearing it once back when I was 14-15. I don't think the world will ever be ready for that song. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

One would hope he recorded more than just ONE song with Axl recently!

Honestly, if some CD tracks weren't recorded after 2001, not even Richard would have recorded something wíth Axl. In 18 years. 

So don't joke about that man :lol:

Edited by UcudBmine
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×