09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

18 minutes ago, Hidin´Stradlin said:

That Shadow was pretty good.

It’s very sad that we reached the point where that Shadow is judged as pretty good. 

I clicked this video because of all the good comments above. Once the vocals „kicked“ in, I was like „are you kidding me“?! I hear nothing but full Mickey. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Who says he is not doing his job?. You behind a keyboard. And who are you to tell anyone what they can or cannot do when it comes to their job preformance. Are you Axl's employer?. 

If you don't like Axl's preformance in relation to his job, than you have a choice, of no longer participating. Axl's not going to retire, so you will have to deal with whatever your issue is with his job preformance. 

I really don't get some people. 

In life we all deal with curtain situations, from relationships to our jobs. If you don't like how things are going, than you have a choice. 

You either make changes for the better or you deal with the situation at hand. 

If you don't like anything this band does, you have a choice to make a change by simply occupying your time with something else or you learn to deal with the situation at hand. 

I am 2 days away from seeing the band, after travelling across the other side of the world. As a fan of this band, I have learnt to deal with the situation at hand. I don't expect the band or its members to change anything for my benefit, and nor should I. 

I don't expect Axl to keep his hair long or lose weight for my benefit. The dude can do what he likes, if he is happy and comfortable with in his own skin

I have made a choice. I made it in 2017 when I passed up on back to back nights because of his horrible performance.

I had been staying away from the band on here, but due to recent events I found my way back to the main board, and thought I'd see if his performance had improved.

Thanks for the advice, though.

Edit: I said nothing about weight or hair.

Edited by F*ck Fear
  • Like 1

I paid 45 for a ticket to Louder than Life 

Its gonna probably be my last Gnr Show ever 

I seen Gnr 3 times 91-92 

3 times on the NITL tour 

This will Be my seventh Time Seeing The Band - The reason I  Am there then and now is Slash 

I love Axl as well - Iam 48 years old and have seen over 100 gigs - Hell im old and I cannot do it anymore and all I’m doing is standing - fist pumping - And Playing Air Guitar in the crowd - 

Cut Axl some slack man - Just enjoy the moment and listen to the band jam I know I sure am going too 

Hope the new album kills because it has too and I’m sure it will

Day 1 fan  - I gave up on Axl in 1996 didn’t mean I still don’t love the guy just tired of his shit that destroyed potentially the best band ever 

Edited by TMAC20
  • Like 1

Seeing the hd youtube videos, the short hair really looks better on Axl now, he looks more masculine and his face looks slimmer now that we can see all of his jawline. Being 57 with his belly(nothing wrong with it, most men the same age have one, you cant change genetics unless you choose mutilation aka plastic surgery) and that long messy hair was giving too many grandma vibes, thats not the cool type of androgyny. If he wasnt going to moisturize his hair again and keep a nice length like in the April16 shows, the short hair is definitely the best choice, i think he should go for the full undercut tho.

Edited by Rickodez
  • Haha 1

Thats such a depressing looking show. There's no single person to pin it on, but take a last minute corporate gig with cortporate gig ticket prices, a band with no new material, a crowd stood entirely still and a band kind of going with that energy they're being given and it doesn't make for a decent night.

Edited by mr-fukaji
  • Like 1

Man I’m a way bigger GNR fan than Maiden, but to sit here and say Axl’s condition/voice/performance is good for his age is just being a blind follower.

This is a Maiden show I was at last weekend. Bruce has been doing it longer than Axl, is 61 and battled throat cancer a few years ago. Look at the energy he brings to the crowd because of it.

Edited by Stiff Competition
  • Like 2

Just now, Stiff Competition said:

Man I’m a way bigger GNR fan than Maiden, but to sit here and say Axl’s condition/voice/performance is good for his age is just being a blind follower.

This is a Maiden show I was at last weekend. Bruce has been doing it longer than Axl, is 61 and battled throat cancer a few years ago. 

Maiden is a killer live band for sure was at the la show previous Saturday they sounded great as usual just not a huge fan of stadium shows .But as far as last night idk I feel like I was at a different show then a lot of people to me he sounded ok my buddy’s thought the same and the crowd seemed pretty into it I saw Metallica a couple years ago at palladium as well and would put guns show as on par or better and sans the occasional mosh pit the crowd just as if not more engaged 

5 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

This is a Maiden show I was at last weekend. Bruce has been doing it longer than Axl, is 61 and battled throat cancer a few years ago. Look at the energy he brings to the crowd because of it.

Yet Bruce doesn't have a 8 octave range like Axl.

People forget that none of these guys has Axl's range so its easier for them to sound better. Axl has to do an 8 octave vocal range every single night, GNR is a lot more demanding then  Maiden, Stones, Aerosmith, etc hell even AC/DC is only one octave 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

People forget that none of these guys has Axl's range so its easier for them to sound better. Axl has to do an 8 octave vocal range every single night, GNR is a lot more demanding then  Maiden, Stones, Aerosmith, etc hell even AC/DC is only one octave 

Freddie Mercury (baritone) had four octaves, Myles Kennedy (tenor) has four octaves as examples. Sometimes women can reach 5 octaves... If Axl had 8 octaves only whales and dolphins could hear him, maybe that would be better? :shrugs:

2 minutes ago, Ralphelmo said:

Freddie Mercury (baritone) had four octaves, Myles Kennedy (tenor) has four octaves as examples. Sometimes women can reach 5 octaves... If Axl had 8 octaves only whales and dolphins could hear him, maybe that would be better? :shrugs:

i may have exaggerated a little bit LMAO . But my point stands. Axl has to cover a lot more ground then probably 99% of the professional singers out there he probably is vocally exercising non stop

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Stones, Aerosmith sure...

But Maiden is not easy to sing.

And while Axl sounded great at times iwith AC/DC, some of the simpler songs he sounded terrible on.

People say he sounded good in 2006 because it was 13 years ago, but the reality is he sounded great because he was in great shape and clearly gave a shit and had something to prove.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stiff Competition said:

Stones, Aerosmith sure...

But Maiden is not easy to sing.

And while Axl sounded great at times iwith AC/DC, some of the simpler songs he sounded terrible on.

People say he sounded good in 2006 because it was 13 years ago, but the reality is he sounded great because he was in great shape and clearly gave a shit and had something to prove.

I am sick of that argument. Axl does give a shit why do you think he performed on a fucking throne when he could have postponed the dates. That argument is bs

• Like 1

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I am sick of that argument. Axl does give a shit why do you think he performed on a fucking throne when he could have postponed the dates. That argument is bs

Cancelling shows costs tons of people tons of money. Especially at the launch of a big “reunion” tour. Pretty simple.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sl4yer said:

What

He is large. Compare today videos to some 2018 ones. I thought he was fat then but now he is way bigger. He definitely doesn’t look fit at all. Duff and Richard are. Last time you could call Axl fit was in 2007.

Give it a rest.  

I honestly wonder why people really give a shit about their appearance this much and also continuously bash the band performance and talk down about a band they supposedly love. If you are that displeased with the band for any reason, why continue to come back to the forum and bash them? You're just wasting your time and energy. Go to another forum of a band you do like that requires less bitching about how much you are displeased. All these comments about how Axl should retire, the band isn't into it anymore, the crowd was dead, the setlist, the show being to long, Axl's fucking short hair, the venue the show was at? whatever happening to just enjoying the music for what it is and accept that it will never be perfect. Its a live show, you got guys up there in their 50s, putting on a 3 hour show, doing songs from almost every album. But yet they are phoning it in? I'm not trying to sound like I'm mindlessly defending the band, but why would they do a warm up show last minute? why would they put on a 3 hour show if they were just phoning it in? As far as I know, they are not obligated to do a 3 hour show. Most nostalgic bands barely put on a 2 hour show or less and charge the same amount of money. Seriously, if you guys are really displeased with the band, why bother coming back to bitch and waste your time since apparently you already know "how shitty this band has been" 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, WWEROSES said:

I honestly wonder why people really give a shit about their appearance this much and also continuously bash the band performance and talk down about a band they supposedly love. If you are that displeased with the band for any reason, why continue to come back to the forum and bash them? You're just wasting your time and energy. Go to another forum of a band you do like that requires less bitching about how much you are displeased. All these comments about how Axl should retire, the band isn't into it anymore, the crowd was dead, the setlist, the show being to long, Axl's fucking short hair, the venue the show was at? whatever happening to just enjoying the music for what it is and accept that it will never be perfect. Its a live show, you got guys up there in their 50s, putting on a 3 hour show, doing songs from almost every album. But yet they are phoning it in? I'm not trying to sound like I'm mindlessly defending the band, but why would they do a warm up show last minute? why would they put on a 3 hour show if they were just phoning it in? As far as I know, they are not obligated to do a 3 hour show. Most nostalgic bands barely put on a 2 hour show or less and charge the same amount of money. Seriously, if you guys are really displeased with the band, why bother coming back to bitch and waste your time since apparently you already know "how shitty this band has been" 

I think it’s somewhat important that a frontman be concerned about their appearance. In regards to Axl, he was once the most fit frontman during the UYI tour so the drop off is even more profound. And for a man with Victory or Death tattooed on his arm I would expect Axl to maintain a certain apparence.Duff and Fortus both look great. And Axl’s hair is just too short.