09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

1 minute ago, Original said:

Vince isn’t “ok”, he’s horrible.  Looks like absolute shit and sounds worse. I just saw him front row last spring.   Sammy Hagar- age 72- sounds great.  Bret Michaels - I met him last week and he’s in great physical shape (age 56) and sounds good enough.  Axl- yes it’s 20+ years past his prime but he’s vocally close.  Needs to drop 25.  His “new do” looks great.   

I said “was” ok...like back in the 80s and 90s.

10 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Side by side comparison.  Axl and Vince 56 and 58 respectively 

wpnzn2e3.jpg      Related image

Here is Axl and Vince in their 20s 

Related image .  Image result for Axl Rose 1980s

Axl has aged alot better then 70 percent of rockstars out there

And to think Vince had the big facelift and tummy tuck years ago too.  Ouch.  Love the Crue and Vince- sad to see.   Too bad more of these guys can’t be like Mick, Roger, Plant, the Bruce’s, Jovi, Bret etc...

14 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

I said “was” ok...like back in the 80s and 90s.

Got it.  My bad.  Peace. 

• Like 1

Just now, Original said:

And to think Vince had the big facelift and tummy tuck years ago too.  Ouch.  Love the Crue and Vince- sad to see.   Too bad more of these guys can’t be like Mick, Roger, Plant, the Bruce’s, Jovi, Bret etc...

Yeah when I see people say Axl looks out of shape look at Vince Neil he  is one year older then Axl and Vince looks like he got hit by a train. He didn't even look that bad 15 years ago.  Axl has actually aged normally except maybe some botox but he is good for his agea

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Lol watching this I once again heard "LIVIN LIKE A LEMON..AINT SO HOT" haha love that. Also Axls vocals on this are really great. Slash really seems to be into the song aswell. And watching Dizzy pretend to do something is hilarious

seeeeeriously....what is the fuckin purpouse of Mel in this band!?!?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

The thing I don’t get is how Axl can do this with AC:DC and not be on the same level with GnR. 

Blows my mind as well, he didn't even sound this good when he was sitting in the THRONE!!!!  Maybe he knew he had a small window to do and show what he had, a "once in a lifetime" opportunity.... was enough for him to give it ALL.   With NITL he just obviously handled in a completely different way.. maybe just for longevity........ I would have and it sounds like a lot on the forum would prefer to see a 1.5-2 hr show of him giving it ALL vs a really long 3 hour show filled with covers and Slash solos (which i love...).  Change up the setlist too......... to quote AXL........... "I say that show in TOLEDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  

I'll be in the Pit at Charlotte on Wednesday-

Just now, gt72 said:

Finally someone seen the same show I was at .The place was packed crowd was engaged and I thought the band sounded great so did my 3 buddies I went with .I get on here and the sky is falling ,trip 

I never judge a show off a periscope stream or a yuotube vid. Every gnr show I've been to in Toronto has been absolutely mind boggling 👍🏻😊🍻

1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Side by side comparison.  Axl and Vince 56 and 58 respectively 

wpnzn2e3.jpg      Related image

Here is Axl and Vince in their 20s 

Related image .  Image result for Axl Rose 1980s

Axl has aged alot better then 70 percent of rockstars out there

It's usually the amount of coke (look at Elton John for an example. Coke bloat big time) they did when they were younger that does that to their gut combined with alcohol consumption. That's mostly an enlarged liver from years of abuse. Vince clearly indulged in a little bit more of everything along the way. I dgaf personally but I think Axl looks a ok to me for his age. Nobody can stop father time including Axl/Vince

Edited by Crowebar

7 minutes ago, gt72 said:

Finally someone seen the same show I was at .The place was packed crowd was engaged and I thought the band sounded great so did my 3 buddies I went with .I get on here and the sky is falling ,trip 

I wasn't there but just watched videos for about an hour.. Good stuff.. As a 30+ year Guns fan I could feel the energy.. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, gt72 said:

It is what it is. This always happens. There's a very vocal minority who's going to tell you every GNR show is bad. 

Theyll calm down in a show or two just like always :)

• Like 4

After hearing some of the negative bitchfest going on here, I decided to watch some videos and really dont get it...   I thought axl sounded pretty good.  Lots of rasp on better and I actually made it through all of you could be mine without cringing!   Looked like a great first show of the tour hope everyone had a good time!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KTucker53 said:

After hearing some of the negative bitchfest going on here, I decided to watch some videos and really dont get it...   I thought axl sounded pretty good.  Lots of rasp on better and I actually made it through all of you could be mine without cringing!   Looked like a great first show of the tour hope everyone had a good time!

Dare I watch YCBM?  Hmmmmm.....