09/21/19 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Palladium

downzy

I had the thought this morning that when slash came out to do wish you were here, he had a double neck with the acoustic on top. Before that, axl was a bit mysterious and acted like they were about to do something new. That being said I had was trying to figure out what song slash would need both an acoustic and electric on that was in the setlist and alts. Had to have been Dead Horse and he was playing the intro, not axl on guitar 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

71496215-499877190591264-610546935184909

Hm, quite a lot were dropped from that setlist.

From those alts, only Dead Horse, Locomotive and Hard School excite me. So Fien would be cool instead of Attitude. We've seen the rest and I don't care for another cover.

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Not that I want to get into any discussion about health or celebrities, but the guys you are naming have different lives – they didn’t go through drugs, booze, poor sleeping regime during lengthy tours, and generally rockers’ life; also, their living is based on their looks way more than of a rock singer’s; and thirdly, each body is different, you can’t compare even two different people – Brad Pitt may look better, but I’d bet you’d find a different millionaire (rock star or not) of Axl’s age who looks way worse. What if Axl really does take care and this is the actual result – have you thought of that? Maybe he’d look much worse if he didn’t exercise etc., only we don’t get to see that, because he does take care. So, what if this is as good as it gets? 
Etc. I think the main thing is the voice. And that’s another chapter. And I’m not sure it’s connected with the weight as much as people generally seem to think it is. Ten kilos extra don't change your vocal chords. 

I've read a million explanations on here about this. Why can't can't we just say the guy is heavy? why is it that the rules don't apply to Axl? he isn't obese or even close, but for his age, that is not the best he can look, and you are not being honest if you think that's him working his best to look and sound great. 

Also, weight isn't the issue, it's the contributing factors around weight. Some of the best operatic singers have been heavy but they could sing with fantastic control. 

Ok, then there's any number of rock singers who have lived a crazy life style and toured even more extensively than Axl , and they are the same age and older and through exercise and preparation they don't have huge bellies. Ozzy, Steven Tyler, Joe Walsh, Joe Perry, David Lee Roth (ok his voice is shot, but he looks great), Robert plant, James Hetfield, Hagar, Daryl hall. I mean I could go on, I didn't even touch on all the older female singers (Ann Wilson... who is obviously full figured, but her voice is as powerful as ever).

As I said to someone else, I don't care what he looks like as long as he sings well... but the two things in this case look to be linked. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I've read a million explanations on here about this. Why can't can't we just say the guy is heavy? why is it that the rules don't apply to Axl? he isn't obese or even close, but for his age, that is not the best he can look, and you are not being honest if you think that's him working his best to look and sound great. 

Also, weight isn't the issue, it's the contributing factors around weight. Some of the best operatic singers have been heavy but they could sing with fantastic control. 

Ok, then there's any number of rock singers who have lived a crazy life style and toured even more extensively than Axl , and they are the same age and older and through exercise and preparation they don't have huge bellies. Ozzy, Steven Tyler, Joe Walsh, Joe Perry, David Lee Roth (ok his voice is shot, but he looks great), Robert plant, James Hetfield, Hagar, Daryl hall. I mean I could go on, I didn't even touch on all the older female singers (Ann Wilson... who is obviously full figured, but her voice is as powerful as ever).

As I said to someone else, I don't care what he looks like as long as he sings well... but the two things in this case look to be linked. 

Sure he's a bit fat, but all I'm saying is it's ok for his age, you can't compare people, as each body is an individual organism responding differently to all kinds of shit, and the weight is not the main factor anyway. I wish I look like him when I'm 57. 

3 hours ago, Lio said:

Where did he say that? If it's the account on Reddit, I don't believe it's him. That account didn't know who Troccoli was supposedly.

Yes, we're better off not posting any links here, because those sad individuals love to hate on MYGNR.

Yeah, that's what's convinced me it wasn't him. More likely a Truth troll trying to cover their bullshit up. But all the vids posted there from the gig are dead. 

34 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Sure he's a bit fat, but all I'm saying is it's ok for his age, you can't compare people, as each body is an individual organism responding differently to all kinds of shit, and the weight is not the main factor anyway. I wish I look like him when I'm 57. 

Ha! I hope you don't! I'd much rather look like Duff, if I could choose. 

Anyway, it doesn't matter to me, fat Axl, Skinny Axl! It's all good, as long as long as it's still breathing and basically healthy Axl, I think we can all agree it's ok. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

ok so she is basically being Dizzy?

I see in the video she doesn't do much but nod with her head and hit the tambourine.

what does Dizzy do then?

Back in the day, Tracy hit the tambourine and sang too + they sounded a lot better and fuller eg, Paris '92, Buenos Aires '93, Tokyo '92...

Why are they going few steps back!?

Keep Dizzy, fire Mel (and Frank), get back Tracy and Robbie

Dizzy plays piano on songs like Estranged and Civil War?  I'm not sure i understand your question.  Like it or not whether or not Melissa was there or not it wouldn't change the sound of the band live because if she wasn't up on stage there would be somebody on the side of the stage with a pro tools rig and a MacBook doing the same thing.  You should respect that GNR actually has somebody on stage doing everything live.  I'm not sure what the issue is honestly.

As for whether the band sounded more full in 1992 is impossible for me to say since I wasn't at the Paris or Tokyo concert in 1992 and live clips on YouTube isn't enough for me to really make that judgement.  

2 hours ago, Thorbear said:

Cool, thank you! 

To be honest, I am not that excited about Dead Horse, So Fine and Locomotive. But it is good to see so many CD songs still in the alternate section, and the fact that Hard School makes an apperance gives me hope for the future.  

I think that might be used for 'in jokes' a bit. Oh My God was on the 'alt setlist' for most of the tour as I recall......

8 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Seeing footage from this show makes me wish Guns would do an entire world tour of more intimate venues. It sucks that the only chance their European fans have to see them these days is in a massive stadium.

I'm not sure they could do a stadium run again in Europe. I'd call indoor Arenas next time. 

2 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I had the thought this morning that when slash came out to do wish you were here, he had a double neck with the acoustic on top. Before that, axl was a bit mysterious and acted like they were about to do something new. That being said I had was trying to figure out what song slash would need both an acoustic and electric on that was in the setlist and alts. Had to have been Dead Horse and he was playing the intro, not axl on guitar 

No it was the double neck with the 12 string on top. The acoustic one only came out for Civil War.

2 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Metallica can, I see no reason why Guns couldn't.

Metallica are VERY different now. They have a loyal fanbase that they've cultivated through many years of album releases, interesting promotional events, etc. Their fans care and are loyal. GNR just don't have that fanbase really. The only reason they got to step up to stadiums at all was the box-ticking casuals coming out for a look and the 'not in this lifetime' thing. That load has been shot now. Some of the stadiums were very notably undersold on the second run too - I think Paris were even giving them away free as I recall......

20 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Metallica are VERY different now. They have a loyal fanbase that they've cultivated through many years of album releases, interesting promotional events, etc. Their fans care and are loyal. GNR just don't have that fanbase really. The only reason they got to step up to stadiums at all was the box-ticking casuals coming out for a look and the 'not in this lifetime' thing. That load has been shot now. Some of the stadiums were very notably undersold on the second run too - I think Paris were even giving them away free as I recall......

False. GNR has sold 96% of all tickets available