how many times Slash played madagascar, and any links?

16 hours ago, metallex78 said:

For some reason, my ears find it hard to distinguish what Slash is actually playing on Madagascar live. At least in the recordings I’ve listened to, there are too many things going on for me to try and hear what he’s playing. Probably because my hearing is going to shit these days too  

I’d love to hear an isolated version of just Slash’s guitar from Madagascar played live, if such a thing exists

He plays a seriously cool rhythm riff under Richard's lead in the chorus, and holds the rhythm under his solo too. It's a shame he's so low in the mix, as it's the one CD song he genuinely adds something to. You can hear him better in the stereo mix of the soundboards.

On 18/09/2019 at 7:11 AM, Lethalis said:

For all his weirdness, Buckethead is still a virtuoso on the guitar at the level of Satriani.

Slash is very good at playing blues and rock n roll, but he can't compete with the Buckethead and Satriani's of this world on a technical level.

Part of what makes Slash special is his tone and feel of playing. And of course his style with the top hat etc.

It's somewhat comparable to "slow hand" Eric Clapton. Lots of players are faster and more technical proficient, but Clapton has a certain feel for how he plays something that just makes it sound so much better.

But when it comes to Bucketheads solo's being played live... Bumblefoot was miles ahead of Slash. Just watch TWAT solo's on YouTube.

It requires a lot of technical skill. The finger picking in between and shit like that. And some hand positioning where the pinky goes somewhere my hand would feel like it's breaking :lol:

It's not exactly a typical blues solo.

I strongly believe Slash could play this solo 100% accurate if he wanted to. To start, is not as hard as people think (it only gets extremely fast in the very ending, but even Ron didnt take that part so serious and just improvised a lot of that weird tapping shit). The mid-section tapping is also nothing that complex, any professional guitarist should do be able to do it with some practice. The thing is: would Slash want to reproduce in that way? I never saw Slash even attempting to try this technique, it would be so out of character to his style that it's really not something that would sound right. And like someone already said here, why would he want that? 

Even Bumblefoot didnt play the solo 100% truth to the original. He tried to add his style in some bends, and also his tone had a lot of influence here. 

IMO, there's other things Buckethead did in the album that would be a struggle to Slash. Like the sweep picking arpeggio in Better after the 1st chorus (Fortus plays that now and I don't think it sounds right or accurate either) and right before Robin's solo (Bumble did this live really accurate IMO).

17 hours ago, metallex78 said:

For some reason, my ears find it hard to distinguish what Slash is actually playing on Madagascar live. At least in the recordings I’ve listened to, there are too many things going on for me to try and hear what he’s playing. Probably because my hearing is going to shit these days too  

I’d love to hear an isolated version of just Slash’s guitar from Madagascar played live, if such a thing exists

As far as I remember, he didnt really do much. He played some power chords, adding a little bit of flourishing here and there. I actually missed the cool stuff played by Robin in this song, with Slash it sounds empty to me.

On 9/17/2019 at 5:19 PM, 2020_Intensions said:

They played Madagascar for the first time at Philly 2017 & Sorry for the first time at Philly 2016 (:

I was there for both and remember being completely shocked both times haha. I even joked on the way to the 2016 show that Slash would never play on Sorry since it was ostensibly written about him, or at least that's what the speculation had been when the album came out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

I was there for both and remember being completely shocked both times haha. I even joked on the way to the 2016 show that Slash would never play on Sorry since it was ostensibly written about him, or at least that's what the speculation had been when the album came out.

Yeah it definitely was shocking!! Both were amazing shows too 😎

The first time they did Catcher was the second show of Foxboro 2016, whereas I went to the first one. When I heard they played Catcher the second night I was like “goddammit! I went to the wrong show!” Lol. I remember when I was younger and heard the leaked Catcher demo for the first time, one of my first thoughts was “it’d be cool if Slash rejoined the band someday and played on this.”

On 9/20/2019 at 9:42 AM, Estranged Reality said:

I am glad that Slash played on Sorry....hearing that live in San Antonio during the encore was great!