09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

30 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I wonder how long until we know times and stages? I am sure it will probably be closer to the show date, but I know some people were waiting to get VIP until they found out if they were going to be at the main stage where GN'R is playing.

GN'R are playing the Barrel Stage.

The VIP is not worth it unless you really plan to take advantage of the VIP area and it's "perks". In terms of the show itself, it has no advantage.

15 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

GN'R are playing the Barrel Stage.

The VIP is not worth it unless you really plan to take advantage of the VIP area and it's "perks". In terms of the show itself, it has no advantage.

Oh okay, well then I am happy to have  purchased the GA pass

Edited by Tourettes2400

On 4/7/2019 at 8:57 PM, Creed said:

no. slash and duff joined NuGnR. its not a real reunion.

Wow... Let me think for a second... what would be a real reunion? The return of an ex-junkie and a Mr. Inconsistency? Well, this way we wouldn't have seen a new album at all. Moreover, the whole "reunion" thing wouldn't have last long. For sure, would've been glorious, but short. That's too orthodox. 

Edited by nikothebellic
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, nikothebellic said:

Wow... Let me think for a second... what would be a real reunion? The return of an ex-junkie and a Mr. Inconsistency? Well, this way we wouldn't have seen a new album at all. Moreover, the whole "reunion" thing wouldn't have last long. For sure, would've been glourios, but short. That's too orthodox. 

If we disqualified Guns for being ex-junkies and inconsistent, Rose, Slash and Duff would lose their jobs also.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

If we disqualified Guns for being ex-junkies and inconsistent, Rose, Slash and Duff would lose their jobs also.

Indeed! But, at least they've kept addictions in hands, was together till the end and finally have settled up their shit. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

YCBM and Estranged would be my picks.

Or Slither hahaha

Slither would be great. YCBM was the first song that I thought of when I think of Sorum. Just a pity it’s one of Axl's weaker songs 😔. Locomotive would be the dream song with Sorum :headbang:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Some idiot in that well known FB group bought VIP or whatever for Friday because he thought that GnR was "playing all weekend" instead of just Saturday. Like do you not know how festivals work?! :facepalm:

Sorry that's kind of unrelated but I just can't believe how stupid people can be.

Maybe he can get a refund.

10 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Some idiot in that well known FB group bought VIP or whatever for Friday because he thought that GnR was "playing all weekend" instead of just Saturday. Like do you not know how festivals work?! :facepalm:

Sorry that's kind of unrelated but I just can't believe how stupid people can be.

That’s amazing. You should have just went with it. “Yeah bro, they usually split their full set up into thirds and you never know which songs you’re gonna get. Last time this happened I got all the cover songs the night I went.  It was brutal, but that’s the risk you take.”

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, WAR41 said:

That’s amazing. You should have just went with it. “Yeah bro, they usually split their full set up into thirds and you never know which songs you’re gonna get. Last time this happened I got all the cover songs the night I went.  It was brutal, but that’s the risk you take.”

By the time I saw the post he had already realized his mistake. But yeah, that would be hilarious.

19 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I read that and could not believe his stupidity!

• Like 1

On 2019-04-06 at 7:21 PM, Lies They Tell said:

I'd like to know the psychology behind these kind of responses. Do people feel threatened by good argumentation, so they feel like they're been attacked, no matter how calmly you try to explain your views. :shrugs:

Nah! You would not enjoy current Axl's version of Your Crazy. Trust me! Axl can't do the high pitched raspy singing it requires. Perhaps the fast version might work for you though cause it's full of screaming.

Patience for example has like about 5 seconds of Axl's clean voice. Other than that he sounds like 2010 Axl throughout the whole song. Hence 95% amazing. Facts are facts and they don't change no matter how many laughing emojies you use in your posts.

There is nothing wrong with Axl's clean voice. I'm a huge fan of 2001-2002 era.

But you're right, he sounds great! :headbang:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

There is nothing wrong with Axl's clean voice. I'm a huge fan of 2001-2002 era.

But you're right, he sounds great! :headbang:

That's one reason why these discussions about Axl's voice are difficult, cause people have so different opinions about what sounds bad. Personally I'm not a huge fan of Axl's voice in the 2001-2002 era. But I do think that the clean voice fits some songs. It fit some songs then and it fits some songs now. A lot of the times when people dislike Axl's current voice it's mostly because of the lack of rasp when he's singing those high notes. But it's difficult to talk about these things cause you never know exactly what the other persons preferences are.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Not a fan of Axl's clean voice.. I probably wouldn't be a fan of the band if he used that voice back in the 80's/90's

He did use a clean voice in the 80's though... the HOB 2001 show is similar vocally (though older sounding, obviously) to his '86-87 styles. It was clean, but still piercing and powerful. He sounded similar at times in 2006 as well, that was probably the best year for his clean voice since the 80's/early 90's. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He did use a clean voice in the 80's though...  

When, I have listened to countless bootlegs from those days and never heard it.. Unless we are talking about something different. I never heard the voice I am talking about until that 2001 Rock In RIO show and the show I saw that tour.. Then on CD and all the time now.. 

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He did use a clean voice in the 80's though... the HOB 2001 show is similar vocally (though older sounding, obviously) to his '86-87 styles. It was clean, but still piercing and powerful. He sounded similar at times in 2006 as well, that was probably the best year for his clean voice since the 80's/early 90's. 

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

When, I have listened to countless bootlegs from those days and never heard it.. Unless we are talking about something different. I never heard the voice I am talking about until that 2001 Rock In RIO show and the show I saw that tour.. Then on CD and all the time now.. 

Where's that "Axl's Voice" thread when we need it?  :P  You guys are killin' me.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I'm specifically talking about his 1986-early '87 voice, which is different but comparable to the voice he used at the HOB 2001 show. If you listen to the '86 bootlegs his voice is sharp but not overly raspy - nothing like what it became by 1988. It was clean but still powerful. At Rio 2001 and plenty of 2002 shows, that wasn't necessarily the case, but there were times on that tour where he did channel his 'classic voice', Vegas '01 and Columbus '02 being some good examples. Again, he obviously sounded older in the 2000's, but when he had power behind the clean voice it wasn't that far removed from his early vocal styles.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm specifically talking about his 1986-early '87 voice, which is different but comparable to the voice he used at the HOB 2001 show. If you listen to the '86 bootlegs his voice is sharp but not overly raspy - nothing like what it became by 1988. It was clean but still powerful. At Rio 2001 and plenty of 2002 shows, that wasn't necessarily the case, but there were times on that tour where he did channel his 'classic voice', Vegas '01 and Columbus '02 being some good examples. Again, he obviously sounded older in the 2000's, but when he had power behind the clean voice it wasn't that far removed from his early vocal styles.

The Roxy '86 is a good example, i think. Axl's voice was noticeably cleaner than what it would become, but was still very powerful. It's relatively comparative with Axl's clean vocals later in life, and i would argue that during the past three years (and early 2000's), Axl actually sounded closer to his original self than he had in years. 

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The Roxy '86 is a good example, i think. Axl's voice was noticeably cleaner than what it would become, but was still very powerful. It's relatively comparative with Axl's clean vocals later in life, and i would argue that during the past three years (and early 2000's), Axl actually sounded closer to his original self than he had in years. 

Funny that even with the slower tempo Axl skipped words "wake up late, put on your clothes...credit cards...liquor store" 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

What are you guys talking about? These 85-86 Axl vocals were great and in no way comparable with those strange sounding vocals from 2001. 

I mostly agree, but one thing that I always thought sounded similar in quality and tone was the way he hit the "oh freed of oll the chains"  line from the 2002 VMAs Madagascar performance and the way he hits "all i ever wanted was for you to know..." from the album version of rocket queen

Sounds way more strong when he hits the notes head on, rather than trailing up from his lower register

Edited by Mendez