Mega_Music

09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

SIAP, but will there be a lithograph for this show?  Not sure if they do them for the festival shows or not and certainly don't want to get there super early if they won't even have one.

17 hours ago, TheHelgo said:

SIAP, but will there be a lithograph for this show?  Not sure if they do them for the festival shows or not and certainly don't want to get there super early if they won't even have one.

If they do, I hope they only sell them on Saturday and not sell their stuff the day like bands do at some festivals 

6 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Does anyone know when the set times will be announced?

They r announced on the website 

I once again encourage everyone to check out Knocked Loose at 4:40p.  It's gonna be rowdy. 

• Like 2

Has anyone received their wristbands yet? I still haven’t received mine, but I got my Exit 111 wristbands and parking pass today. 

Is anyone still waiting on their wristbands? I got my Exit 111 but I still don't have my LTL. Kind of weird.

based on recent history and GN'R honoring rockers who pass away, I wonder if we'll get a little 'Two Tickets to Paradise' at this show....

honestly think Axl would do a great job on this song

The same source I had to tell you guys that GN’Rs appearance at Louder than Life was confirmed days before they confirmed it, has also told me one other “little” detail. Axl had one specific request in order to play this show in Louisville. He requested a gym to be constructed to fulfill his needs prior to the show. The people running the show, of course, obliged to his request. I’m hoping this means he has been hitting the gym hard and getting in shape, compared to lightly “hitting” the gym like he was previously. I figured you guys would be interested in this little tidbit of information, so I wanted to pass it along. 

Edited by grogmug
  • Like 1

I remember he used to do it during the UYI tour too, like a rigorous 15-20 min intense full body workout. Don't know if he did that after that but that's good to hear

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Hasn't Duff said that Axl loves cardio exercise?

And probably some good fatty chilli cheese Tommy's burgers (as he mentioned once) afterwards to 'compensate' for his effort...    

Hope I'm wrong though and he pulls a Bon Jovi or Anthony Kiedis on us and shows up in good shape! 

Edited by trqster
  • Haha 3

By "gym" I'm guessing he just means a treadmill and generic dumbbell set.  :P  Nice to hear he's apparently working out during this downtime though, must want to put on a good impression.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, trqster said:

And probably some good fatty chilli cheese Tommy's burgers (as he mentioned once) afterwards to 'compensate' for his effort...    

Hope I'm wrong though and he pulls a Bon Jovi or Anthony Kiedis on us and shows up in good shape! 

All valid questions, ha. Diet is a huge part of him wanting to get in shape, so we will see how that part of it goes. I do remember him working out/kickboxing in the gym before my first show in Vegas with his former bodyguard on 12/29/01..back when I was still a teenager. I remember he was getting after it and Betas daughter was guarding the door from onlookers, such as myself.

Edited by grogmug

2 minutes ago, grogmug said:

All valid questions, ha. Diet is a huge part of him wanting to get in shape, so we will see how that part of it goes. I do remember him working out/kickboxing in the gym before my first show in Vegas with his former bodyguard on 12/29/01..back when I was still a teenager ha. I remember he was getting after it and Betas daughter was guarding the door from onlookers, such as myself ha.

Hey that's a great story bro!! Wish it was mine to tell. :) 

Let's hope for the best and I guess we'll all find out soon enough ha! 

I believe at some festival in 2010, Tom Mayhue did a tour of Axls trailer and he had a treadmill and some other workout stuff then also

Nice to hear Axl is working on his fitness and has requested a gym. I hope he’s giving his vocals the same attention and working on them too.