09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

2 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Has this been confirmed to still be the case though? I mean last we heard anything from Axl about Matt was a really long time ago right? Since then he has played with the entire AFD 5, all people (well apart from Duff) he has openly stated that he hated in the past.

The difference is that the AFD guys were partners during the thick and thin. They all shared a common background and build the band. Even with Steven, i think Axl put the bad stuff aside for a moment, out of consideration for everything the guy went through.

But Matt was just a hired gun. There's no reason for Axl to workout whatever bad blood that may happened between theirs.

4 minutes ago, Bozo said:

The difference is that the AFD guys were partners during the thick and thin. They all shared a common background and build the band. Even with Steven, i think Axl put the bad stuff aside for a moment, out of consideration for everything the guy went through.

But Matt was just a hired gun. There's no reason for Axl to workout whatever bad blood that may happened between theirs.

I see your point but I wouldn't say he was just a hired gun. He was in the band for 7 years and had a much bigger role than say Gilby or any of the NuGN'R drummers. Him playing with Duff and Slash for another 5 years is also something to consider in this case, he has played with those guys for a total of 13 years, 7 of which was at the peak of GN'Rs career.

Just now, The Real McCoy said:

What did I miss? Where did this rumor of Sorum sitting in on drums come from?

He’s playing at the festival as well, although I think tomorrow though.

I don’t think it’ll happen but it’s definitely not out of the realm of possibilities. It would be so awesome though to see Sorum on Locomotive or Dead Horse or Hell, just the illusions tracks in general :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

He’s playing at the festival as well, although I think tomorrow though.

I don’t think it’ll happen but it’s definitely not out of the realm of possibilities. It would be so awesome though to see Sorum on Locomotive or Dead Horse or Hell, just the illusions tracks in general :) 

Thanks, man! It would be cool to see if it happens!

”Dead Horse” looks like it was quoted on the litho for this show, so I have a good feeling that we’re going to hear that one tonight!

2 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

Thanks, man! It would be cool to see if it happens!

”Dead Horse” looks like it was quoted on the litho for this show, so I have a good feeling that we’re going to hear that one tonight!

Oh shit! I commented on the litho on the last page saying how awesome it was but didn’t even see that quote! It would appear Dead Horse confirmed then.

Although this is the world of GNR so I mean ya never know lol

57 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I see your point but I wouldn't say he was just a hired gun. He was in the band for 7 years and had a much bigger role than say Gilby or any of the NuGN'R drummers. Him playing with Duff and Slash for another 5 years is also something to consider in this case, he has played with those guys for a total of 13 years, 7 of which was at the peak of GN'Rs career.

Yep, he did had a long term job in the band and some creative input. But in the end he was just an employee in the GNR camp (not sayin in the VR).

I believe that the main issue is that u don't talk shit to your boss. Especially if your boss is Axl. Most of the guys who had the job underlined that, besides all the drama, Axl is loyal and fair. Matt didn't help himself being ironic during this years. It's like Slash said once, "I can talk shit to Axl, but i don't accept people from the outside doing the same."

20 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Oh shit! I commented on the litho on the last page saying how awesome it was but didn’t even see that quote! It would appear Dead Horse confirmed then.

Doesn't mean anything. The Stockholm 17 litho had the "tastes good, don't it" quote.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Flake said:

Doesn't mean anything. The Stockholm 17 litho had the "tastes good, don't it" quote.

Yeah, but that song was never put on the alt setlist.

Still put a sad face because with GNR you may be 110% right that they would quote a song on their setlist and not play it :lol:

26 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Anyone got their big sign saying "Play Hardschool" or "Who's the Mac Daddy?" ready?

Now, playing Eye on you would make sense if Axl changed lyrics

”All this time I thought I had my eye on you

Now you heard the songs I did not want you to“

Edited by sl4yer
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

They didn't play get in the ring when the litho quoted that. 

3 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Sitting at my hotel waiting to go to the festival now!

The fact that the possibility of Locomotive being played with Matt tonight isn't totally out of the realm is mind boggling to me.

Oh, I had no idea you were going to that one too! Cool. Have a great time!

• Thanks 1