09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Didn't they hang out after? I thought I remember Matt saying they hung out having drinks in Axl's Limo after or something. 

Yeah, I'm sure they spent a lot of the evening right into the wee hours catching up. However, the whole Weiland thing happened after this and Matt kicked up shit in the press about Axl. This is off the top of my head, it's been 13 years since I read it but I think I'm mostly right.

Let's hope those who believe an ex drummer may appear based on rumours, are man or woman enough to put their hand up, and admit to being that gullible. Or will it be the classic case of let's find the easiest people to blame as in the band, its members or management. 

Until these people realise that won't occur, the easier it is, for them to let sleeping dogs lie. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, kiwiguns said:

Let's hope those who believe an ex drummer may appear based on rumours, are man or woman enough to put their hand up, and admit to being that gullible. Or will it be the classic case of let's find the easiest people to blame as in the band, its members or management. 

It's no rumour, just hopes that he will be there hence he's playing the same festival. 

• Like 1

Just now, MildlyArtistic said:

We don't actually have any evidence it was soundchecked beyond a few people swearing that it was, right?

I find it a bit strange about how nobody recorded the alleged soundcheck.

This. There’s also been a multitude of songs that have been soundchecked and never played so even if the soundcheck happened and it’s not a troll move, we probably won’t hear it. I can’t see Axl really embracing it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

We don't actually have any evidence it was soundchecked beyond a few people swearing that it was, right?

There were multiple people at the scene, as well as fan pages, that confirmed it being soundchecked. We also know HS has been on the alt setlist for the past couple of shows. It may not be played live, but it's almost certainly not a troll.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

4 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Although to be fair, soundchecks are not really recorded that much anyways.  Plus the Hollywood Palladium was a way smaller gig with an even lower concentration of people who would potentially record the soundcheck so I can see people hearing it and not necessarily recording it

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Unfortunately I do think Hard School is a troll, kind of like Oh My God. I think we would’ve heard it by now otherwise.

Remember in 2014 when they promised '3 new songs' at the residency shows, then said 'depends what you mean by new', then played 2 rare CD songs and a UYI deep cut at the last few shows?

If there were ever a time to Hardschool, it's now. But it wouldn't be surprising if they break it out halfway thru the tour, or just the last 1-2 shows or something. Or not at all. But I'm sure the band has rehearsed it and is ready to play it if Axl calls for it. :shrugs:

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Remember in 2014 when they promised '3 new songs' at the residency shows, then said 'depends what you mean by new', then played 2 rare CD songs and a UYI deep cut at the last few shows?

If there were ever a time to Hardschool, it's now. But it wouldn't be surprising if they break it out halfway thru the tour, or just the last 1-2 shows or something. Or not at all. But I'm sure the band has rehearsed it and is ready to play it if Axl calls for it. :shrugs:

Yeah, I mean anything is possible, I just don’t have a strong feeling about this one. I’d love to hear it live and am rooting for it every new show, but unfortunately I don’t see it happening. I actually think Locomotive and Dead Horse are much more likely.

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yeah, I mean anything is possible, I just don’t have a strong feeling about this one. I’d love to hear it live and am rooting for it every new show, but unfortunately I don’t see it happening. I actually think Locomotive and Dead Horse are much more likely.

Playing it live would confirm the rumours that they're gonna release it on the next album/EP. I think that's the real hold up. But I still think there's a better chance that they play Hardschool than Locomotive...