09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

11 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

How deep into Stockholm Syndrome do you have to be to actively complain about people who are bored by endless and pointless touring? Are there seriously people who would prefer no new music over... erm... new music?

People don't even know what's gonna happen until September. Maybe they will be promoting new songs? I don't expect the usual suspects to think that far. 

• Like 1

I don’t mind more touring if it’s because they are presenting a new album. Hell, i’d even take one or two new songs and a mixed setlist if they’re going to tour again.

I’m 100% confident that this new album is coming in 2019 or 2020. Duff’s words and body language on his last interview were just too obvious.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

How deep into Stockholm Syndrome do you have to be to actively complain about people who are bored by endless and pointless touring? Are there seriously people who would prefer no new music over... erm... new music?

I agree. I personally don't care if they tour without a new record and I'll always go see them live but at the same time, they were on the road for close to 3 years. It's time for some new music. 

• Like 1

Slash played at Louder than Life a few years back in Louisville, KY and again with GN'R in 2017. I think he put in a good word for our city, because of the awesome reception that he received when he was here. A ton of high end bands have headlined the festival, and it continues to get bigger each year. I was pumped for NIN coming last year, but since it was flooded out, we never got a chance to see them. We also have Bourbon and Beyond coming up with the Foo Fighters headlining that festival this year, and I know that Louder than Life are trying to top them in terms of who they have. GN'R would be a huge get, and the rumor has been circulating for a good while now. Just hoping that we get that new single debut!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

It is on my Bucket List to see them in another Country

If you see them in any other country, make sure it's a South American one. Axl was not in great shape at the 2014 show I saw in Argentina but the crowd was absolutely wild and made up for it.

Edited by Amir
  • Like 3

On 29/03/2019 at 6:24 AM, WhazUp said:

Although we all want a new album, if it was between more shows or nothing I'd all I would just be glad at least Axl and Slash are still at the very least doing something

Look I get your point of view. now hear mine,

Axl ruined the great old band, then he ruined the new band, then he ruined his {new} new band and believe me he's back at it again to ruin his {new} old band! Throughout all these changes I've been trying to adapt myself to whatever lineups and enjoy it as much as I can which was a mistake because I was feeling broke each time one of these members were fired or leaving (specially Bucket, Robin, Tommy and Ron).

So I'm not gonna emotionally invest on liking these band lineups anymore and it's to protect myself. I don't even want new music anymore. In fact now I'm adult enough not to give a fuck to any official/unofficial/rumor/news from this band anymore.

I'm just enjoying some available bootlegs in my archive from time to time and it sometimes brings smile to my face only because of memories I've had with these stuff. and that's really fine by me. No more, no less.

It's not healthy to be a GN'R fan.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

does Axl ruined AC/DC to for you ? just to know

and one more question heve you been to a NITLT concert once ? because I did third and it was incredible (I saw also AXL/DC and I have no word to explain how it was !!)

NITL: Was front row in Dubai, spoke with beta and fernando (Kat took photo of me + wife photo which can be found in gnr instagram)

AxlDc: Was in Hamburg show and that performance made me cry cause of Axl's vocal potential and how he's wasting it not putting more songs out)

Approved?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ©GnrPersia said:

NITL: Was front row in Dubai, spoke with beta and fernando (Kat took photo of me + wife photo which can be found in gnr instagram)

AxlDc: Was in Hamburg show and that performance made me cry cause of Axl's vocal potential and how he's wasting it not putting more songs out)

Approved?

So you say you don't emotionally invest in the band and don't even want new music, but then you cry because Axl doesn't use his AC/DC voice for Guns or new music?

5 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Approved?

approved for AXX/DC  ;)

3 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

So you say you don't emotionally invest in the band and don't even want new music, but then you cry because Axl doesn't use his AC/DC voice for Guns or new music?

approved to !!!!

11 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Look I get your point of view. now hear mine,

Axl ruined the great old band, then he ruined the new band, then he ruined his {new} new band and believe me he's back at it again to ruin his {new} old band! Throughout all these changes I've been trying to adapt myself to whatever lineups and enjoy it as much as I can which was a mistake because I was feeling broke each time one of these members were fired or leaving (specially Bucket, Robin, Tommy and Ron).

So I'm not gonna emotionally invest on liking these band lineups anymore and it's to protect myself. I don't even want new music anymore. In fact now I'm adult enough not to give a fuck to any official/unofficial/rumor/news from this band anymore.

I'm just enjoying some available bootlegs in my archive from time to time and it sometimes brings smile to my face only because of memories I've had with these stuff. and that's really fine by me. No more, no less.

It's not healthy to be a GN'R fan.

I mean if being a GNR fan causes that much anguish to a person, more power to you if you decide following GNR isn't your thing.  I know that it can be frustrating when a band you dig, doesn't take advantage of great opportunities sometimes 

My original post in this thread was more just talking about this possible festival date, and to me I am just glad that there is something going on rather than nothing, and that at least more people get the chance to enjoy Axl and Slash on the same stage.  Something to me, is always gonna be better than nothing, and it isn't like this festival date is going to be much of a factor in whether an album is or isn't going to happen - especially when talking about September when it is only April

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

Here's my theory:

If Guns N' Roses are a part of this festival, they will be introducing new music. It wouldn't make much sense to perform otherwise.

Honestly, I think we're going to get a new album this year. November would be my personal guess, as the band has a history of November releases (GN'R Lies, The Spaghetti Incident?, Chinese Democracy). Get it out before Black Friday and Cyber Monday to capitalize on sales.

Most bands introduce a new song six to eight weeks before an album drops, so September fits that timeline. I think a lot of work has already been done on new material, probably during the downtime between legs of the NITL tour. When Slash gets done on his tour, I think the band gets together to put finishing touches on the music.

All of this is speculative, but I'm feeling really optimistic that the last four months of 2019 are going to be big for Guns fans.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Here's my theory:

If Guns N' Roses are a part of this festival, they will be introducing new music. It wouldn't make much sense to perform otherwise.

Honestly, I think we're going to get a new album this year. November would be my personal guess, as the band has a history of November releases (GN'R Lies, The Spaghetti Incident?, Chinese Democracy). Get it out before Black Friday and Cyber Monday to capitalize on sales.

Most bands introduce a new song six to eight weeks before an album drops, so September fits that timeline. I think a lot of work has already been done on new material, probably during the downtime between legs of the NITL tour. When Slash gets done on his tour, I think the band gets together to put finishing touches on the music.

All of this is speculative, but I'm feeling really optimistic that the last four months of 2019 are going to be big for Guns fans.

New Terminator movie is also coming out in November. Perfect timing for both. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Here's my theory:

They also released live era 87-93 in November. I hope you’re right. I dig the optimism! 

Edited by mikeman5150

9 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Here's my theory:

totally agree! I'm optimistic too :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i hope at least for a completely reworked setlist, NITL is over so NITL setlist should be gone as well
I dont know if you guys are into John Mayer, but he's an incredible guitarist and the way he changes up the set is really amazing... he played 6 shows so far this year with 5 different openers, plays 24 songs per show and played 60 songs in total so far.. thats how GNR should do it.. like you go to a show and don't know what you get