Mega_Music

09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

1 minute ago, Stlconcerts said:

Axl just got accused of lip synching in the Louder Than Life FB page. He sounds ok but I mean not that good

You know what last saturday my friend thought axl was lip synching the whistle in patience and civil war. I told him from all the verses he could take off why would he choose the whistling parts lol

Setlist:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Coma
Blues Jam/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Wish You Were Here

What? Blegh. I actually like their cover of it but it’s grown stale on me. I feel bad for all the diehards if this is the only setlist change of the night.

There is absolutely no reason for this band to be playing Wichita Lineman or Black Hole Sun. That's the one thing that I won't defend them on. BHS was fine for a one-off in tribute to Chris Cornell. To leave it in the set-list afterwards just boggles my mind.

Wichita Lineman is just boring.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Setlist:
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Coma
Blues Jam/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Wish You Were Here
November Rain
Black Hole Sun
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

What? Blegh. I actually like their cover of it but it’s grown stale on me. I feel bad for all the diehards if this is the only setlist change of the night.

Threw yesterday in there also.  It's the 2018 setlist basically 

IMO black hole sun is just a... simple song, I don't consider it not even top 10 on Soundgarden's catalog.

I won't say mediocre, because I respect all the song means for diehard fans of grunge, but... IDK... this is probably the song that doesn't make me feel anything.

Just now, The Real McCoy said:

There is absolutely no reason for this band to be playing Wichita Lineman or Black Hole Sun. That's the one thing that I won't defend them on. BHS was fine for a one-off in tribute to Chris Cornell. To leave it in the set-list afterwards just boggles my mind.

Wichita Lineman is just boring.

Both is definitely overkill. I think one or the other is fine, but why do both? Not to mention there's what, a dozen songs on the alt list that never get played? Such a disappointment...

• Like 2

I'm just curious to know Axl's reasoning. I mean, there has to be a reason. I enjoy BHS and WL, but Cornell and Campbell passed over 2 years ago. What place do those songs have on the setlist in 2019? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GNRfanJen said:

I'm just curious to know Axl's reasoning. I mean, there has to be a reason. I enjoy BHS and WL, but Cornell and Campbell passed over 2 years ago. What place do those songs have on the setlist in 2019? 

They like playing these songs. We don’t like them, so too bad for us. I think it’s that simple, there’s no big meaning behind it.

• Like 2

My biggest problem with BHS is that it's just beyond bizarre to cover a song by one of their contemporaries. It's just so out of place.

It's not like they don't have enough of their own songs that they could play in place of both. It's maddening to me.

This is so interesting. Axl still with short hair?

Edited by Kosonen

6 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

Starting to look like no surprises

Huge surprises MUST be coming at the 11th hour. Don't forget, that one guy had "reliable sources".... Lol

• Like 1