09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

This setlist is so stale I can't believe a band as exciting as GNR could put on such a boring snoozefest of a show ... Even during the rockers it just seems so boring it's really disappointing ... The future for this band looks bleak ... 

Clearly you aren't at the show, enjoying yourself, as I am with the people around me. Let me tell you about the future of this band. I was standing next to a group of 4 twenty years olds, who I just meet today, who were spell bound by this band, its preformance and it's lead singer. If people like you could take your time to appreciate what we Guns N Roses fans currently have, instead of bitching from behind a key board, you might actually take joy in the fact that most people around me and at the show, as we are still leaving are very complementary, surprised at how good the band was and reactions positive towards the band and its preformance. This band is loaded like a freight train, flying like an aero plane.... 

It's, funny. I choose to leave all the negative stuff I read on this forum at the gates when I entered. 

After being in an environment of  positivity, were people were open minded, and objective based on what they saw with their own eyes, you return to a forum supposedly for fans, and walk into negativty and closed mindedness. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

33 minutes ago, Gibbo said:
Setlist:
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Slither
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Civil War
Coma
Blues Jam/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Wish You Were Here
November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Knockin' On Heavens Door
Nightrain

Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City

Haha, what a bold and exciting change in the forever boring and predictable setlist. 

1 minute ago, kiwiguns said:

Clearly you aren't at the show, enjoying yourself, as I am with the people around me. Let me tell you about the future of this band. I was standing next to a group of 4 twenty years olds, who I just meet today, who were spell bound by this band, its preformance and it's lead singer. If people like you could take your time to appreciate what we Guns N Roses fans currently have, instead of bitching from behind a key board, you might actually take joy in the fact that most people around me and at the show, as we are still leaving are very complementary, surprised at how good the band was and reactions positive towards the band and its preformance. This band is loaded like a fright train, flying like an aero plane.... 

It's, funny. I choose to leave all the negative staff I read on this forum at the gates when I entered. 

After being around positively and in an environment were people were open minded, and objective based on what they saw with their own eyes, you return to a forum supposedly for fans, and walk into negativty and closed mindedness. 

It’s all negative because this is the band of our lifes. We really love them and can’t know why the choose these shitty covers instead of all the GREAT songs they have. 

The show is great, all we want is a change in the setlist with songs that they’ve never played in this tour or the chinese songs like TWAT, Prostitut or Catcher. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Clearly you aren't at the show, enjoying yourself, as I am with the people around me. Let me tell you about the future of this band. I was standing next to a group of 4 twenty years olds, who I just meet today, who were spell bound by this band, its preformance and it's lead singer. If people like you could take your time to appreciate what we Guns N Roses fans currently have, instead of bitching from behind a key board, you might actually take joy in the fact that most people around me and at the show, as we are still leaving are very complementary, surprised at how good the band was and reactions positive towards the band and its preformance. This band is loaded like a fright train, flying like an aero plane.... 

It's, funny. I choose to leave all the negative stuff I read on this forum at the gates when I entered. 

After being around positively and in an environment were people were open minded, and objective based on what they saw with their own eyes, you return to a forum supposedly for fans, and walk into negativty and closed mindedness. 

LOL ... I've seen this tour THREE times now ... Spent upwards of $1000 on this band ... I'm 23 years old ... "People like me ..." Go fuck yourself ... THE SHOW IS BORING 

• Haha 1

I think my main problem with the set is that every other major leg tried to do something different- the 2017 summer tour added BHS, Wichita, So Good (all covers but something), and a bunch of amazing Chinese songs. 2018 added Slither and Shadow. 2019 and nothing. There was potential for them to spice things up with the rumoured Hard School, Locomotive, and Dead Horse, but that ship is kind of sailing for them to really make anything a setlist staple. All of those could realistically just never be played, we’re already 3 shows into a tour that’s really only like a month long.

5 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

LOL ... I've seen this tour THREE times now ... Spent upwards of $1000 on this band ... I'm 23 years old ... "People like me ..." Go fuck yourself ... THE SHOW IS BORING 

With all due respect, you chose to attend the show three times. I would like the setlist to change too, but most people attending these shows aren't going multiple times.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 2

scroll down the page for song chart...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2019/kentucky-exposition-center-louisville-ky-5b9c1fb4.html

5 minutes ago, bdinan said:

If you've been following this band 20+ years, you know the bulk of the setlist is usually the same. If you're spending big bucks to see em expecting axl to start singing the final countdown or something, that's on you.

Don’t give em anymore cover ideas:P

Edited by Top-Hatted One
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

With all due respect, you chose to attend the show three times. I would like the setlist to change too, but most people attending these shows aren't going multiple times.

I love this band and love seeing them live ... I don't have any regrets about spending a lot of money to see them ... I had a great time in Charlotte ... But the show as it is now IN MY OPINION is boring & stale ... 

2 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Really? How Axl did it?

Axl was ok.  He hit all of the notes, but it was in his softer falsetto, just like his other performances of this song on this tour.  Slash did not noodle the solo, which was a nice change.  

Edited by lpgnr
Added additional clarity
  • Like 1

So the real setlist is:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die