09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

The only songs that Guns absolutely have to play each night are Jungle, SCOM, NR and PC. 

Then of course they have to play some combination of AFD and UYI songs. 

But most songs in the set are very much changeable if they were interested in changing things up. 

I struggle to believe that a group of motivated musicians wouldn’t want to change things up a bit from show to show. 

On the UYI tour, they mixed it up quite a bit. 91 was very raw, 92 was the horn section, 93 skin and bones. The order of the set varied at times. 

It just made each show a bit more unique and unpredictable.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

The only songs that Guns absolutely have to play each night are Jungle, SCOM, NR and PC. 

Then of course they have to play some combination of AFD and UYI songs. 

But most songs in the set are very much changeable if they were interested in changing things up. 

I struggle to believe that a group of motivated musicians wouldn’t want to change things up a bit from show to show. 

On the UYI tour, they mixed it up quite a bit. 91 was very raw, 92 was the horn section, 93 skin and bones. The order of the set varied at times. 

It just made each show a bit more unique and unpredictable.

That would require effort, something Axl has lacked for many years now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Because it is a greatest hits cash grab tour.

Axl's experiment failed. Most casual fans don't care anyways and just want to hear their greatest hits.

At least they're making lots of money. The rest don't really matter anymore.

And yeah, I should probably quit this forum and just GTFO. If a new album ever happens, I'll probably hear about it anyways... anything else doesn't matter much.

Guess I'm still here waiting for more leaks :shrugs:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

My Review

Its not the first time I have attended an American music festival, but times have changed since 1996 Rockford, Illinois and Lollapalooza. 

This festival, like most today, attracts a wide range of people and that's understandable given the diversity of artists appearing. The only issue I have is a curtain majority only attended for the sake of attending with no real purpose. You can identify these people easily and often, these are the people who complain after the fact on social media or leave the event early. 

I still don't understand why you would pay money to attend and leave early because of the fact you don't like the artist or the way they sound. 

I can completely understand leaving early due to transport, family or work commitments. 

The band

I always go into each Guns N Roses live show open mind, and excited about the experience of seeing my favourite band live. When Duff plays the opening bass riff to ISE, the tension and excitement in your gut releases and very quickly you end up being pulled into the world of GNR. 

First thing you notice, being close to the stage is how relaxed and comfortable everyone is on stage together. 

For me, it's the things that go largely unnoticed. 

At one point Axl was taking into his mic off PA, to the other members via their inears. It must have been amusing as all the band members had a smile or a laugh and even Slash glanced back and acknowledge what was said via a smile and a smirk. 

The band sound tight and Axl moved through 1st to 6th gear after brownstone. It amazes me how the man can be that active on stage for 3 hours. The sweat was pooring of his forearms and soaking his teeshirts. 

Looking forward to seeing the band in Austin at ACL.

Also a big thanks to a random follow GNR fan, who helped me find one of my contact lenses. Cool to chat with someone about our favourite band while on hands and knees. 

Glad you enjoyed yourself 👍🏻😊

7 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Well there ya go, and they say the set never changes.  That and the new haircut, what more could people possibly want?

He never change from 2016 his ripped jeans....how is possible that Axl isn't bored wear always the same clothes....

23 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

I really like how Axl says "my good friend Slash..." 👍🏻😁

Axl seemed to be in great spirits and having fun! That’s cool.

We all know they’ve always played covers, even in the 90s, but now it just frustrates me because we finally have Slash and Duff back and they could play so many of their amazing songs! BHS is just a sad joke, it’s the worst imo.

5 minutes ago, ChildOfTheMoon said:

Axl seemed to be in great spirits and having fun! That’s cool.

We all know they’ve always played covers, even in the 90s, but now it just frustrates me because we finally have Slash and Duff back and they could play so many of their amazing songs! BHS is just a sad joke, it’s the worst imo.

Yes I'd rather they cover Black Leather or do their own stuff too as opposed to bhs

6 hours ago, AlexisGolnas said:

How come everyone who is going to a show end up having a blast but the guys in the forum reading every time the same setlist is disapointed? 

Guess what? U should be dissapointed for not attending a show. Songs arent played for you to enjoy at home. If youre tired of reading the same letters of a setlist in a forum, dont bother reading.

Shows arent made for forum users.

The rest of you going to a show, have a blast 🤘 (Setlist was awesome, u crazy)

I’ll say this. I’ve stopped attending shows because of the setlist. They played a good 7 shows or so within an hour from me on the last leg of the tour, and I didn’t bother going to any of them. Not going to any of these either. I want new music. And I’m not just pointing this out for no reason, I’m just making it clear that some show-goers do in fact care about the setlist and will affect their desire to see the band.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

It's just a bit odd that cover songs that were done as a tribute to the artists that passed away are still setlist staples YEARS later.

I think I'd buy tickets if they came my way again but I'd be disappointed knowing I'm either going to get the same setlist or maybe even a shorter set. Last time I saw them they did OTGM, TWAT, and debuted BHS. It's hard to get excited paying £150 for that.

2 hours ago, sl4yer said:

Sorry for sharing a video, but holy fuck! His scream in 0:26 is mean! I wish he'd use this voice in some songs (well he kinda do in ChD but that's really all). 

This is the first time in a while that I can enjoy SCOM, it seems that Axl has finally managed to find a clear voice without sounding like that damn Disney thing.

About “my good friend Slash”...Still surreal to me. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

I’ll say this. I’ve stopped attending shows because of the setlist. They played a good 7 shows or so within an hour from me on the last leg of the tour, and I didn’t bother going to any of them. Not going to any of these either. I want new music. And I’m not just pointing this out for no reason, I’m just making it clear that some show-goers do in fact care about the setlist and will affect their desire to see the band.

Same here and that's a bummer, isn't it? 

If they came back through Detroit, I'd go but I'm not traveling to see them anymore. Not because of the travel itself, but because I'm voting with my wallet. 

I've seen every line up of this band and I've seen this particular line up / show 3 times already. Unless they release new music and or change up the show significantly, there's no reason for me to give them more money. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Same here and that's a bummer, isn't it? 

If they came back through Detroit, I'd go but I'm not traveling to see them anymore. Not because of the travel itself, but because I'm voting with my wallet. 

I've seen every line up of this band and I've seen this particular line up / show 3 times already. Unless they release new music and or change up the show significantly, there's no reason for me to give them more money. 

Exactly. The price is just no longer justified for me.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

For anyone who went to the festival yesterday, please feel free to either post here or PM your full experience! I’m going to ACL on Friday to see Guns. I’ve never really been to a music festival before so don’t know what to expect. I’d love to hear firsthand experiences from people on this forum regarding the festival as a whole, how the band sounds in an outside setting, your view, etc. :) 

Edited by GNRfanJen