09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

2 minutes ago, Evil Doer said:

I feel the same.  I've had that discussion with my girlfriend when the band first reunited.  Given the volatile history of Guns and the abuse these guys put their bodies through in their younger years, it could all end in the snap of a finger.  I'm going to see Guns anytime they're in my area for as long as it lasts......regardless of setlist.  It would be a regret if I didn't go when I had the opportunity.

This is a reasonable mindset. But the ticket prices are what make continuing to do something like that not worth it.

I think changing up setlists would be too time consuming.   These are what they have rehearsed and made fit in  the time feame of the show. You have many diehard fans who go to different shows. You many casual fans and milleniums who see one show and call it a good  night out for some live music and entertainment.  You cwnnot please everyone. The bottom line is about each show making money and being entertaining. You go if you want to . If you don't, then you don't. If you go, you know   the setlists are the same all these years with,  oh a surprise there, some songs out of order. This group or any act does not cater just to some fans. I mean that not to be hurtful to the diehard fans. I am going to Austin. I only want to hear and only know AFD and the rest of the big ones. CD, I'll be talking with my group or going to the restoom. Oh and I want to leave early. I can skip encore. We need to drive  to RoundRock.

Edited by Amaya

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Regarding the setlist, they  played the same set list back in the day majority of the times.

Yeah, but "back in the day" there was only 1 unnecessary drum/guitar solo as opposed to the countless lengthy covers, instrumental jams and irrelevant songs from Chinese Democracy. Sure, this band plays 3 hours, but I'd rather have a tight, 1,5 hour show than the snoozefest that's often this band nowadays.

4 minutes ago, Amaya said:

I think changing up setlists would be too time consuming.  You have msny diehard fans who go to different shows. You many casual fans and milleniums who see one show and call it a good  night out for some live music and entertainment.  

Changing the set won't change casuals and mileniums' opinion on their good night out unless you take out a huge hit. At least half of the set could be replaced by something else and no casual would notice.

Edited by RNRS
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Evil Doer said:

I feel the same.  I've had that discussion with my girlfriend when the band first reunited.  Given the volatile history of Guns and the abuse these guys put their bodies through in their younger years, it could all end in the snap of a finger.  I'm going to see Guns anytime they're in my area for as long as it lasts......regardless of setlist.  It would be a regret if I didn't go when I had the opportunity.

Well, I have seen GnR 3 times already, Velvet Revolver once, and Duff too with Loaded etc.

I won't regret it anymore.

If I have one regret, it is that I have never seen Chris Cornell live :shrugs:

Huge fan of him, his music has been there for me a large part of my life... yet somehow I didn't go to his shows.

With Guns things are very different now. They have got to bring something new now.

Maybe I should go see Eddie Vedder / Pearl Jam while I still can.

5 hours ago, Ratam said:

He never change from 2016 his ripped jeans....how is possible that Axl isn't bored wear always the same clothes....

:lol:because he likes his clothes and most important he feels comfortable in them? lol:lol:

4 hours ago, MattleyCrue said:

Axl’s jeans are awesome. If anything I wish that he would wear a black pair like he did when he was with AC/DC

I love the way Axl looked in black jeans during AC/DC. I prefered him in THAT version of clothing. he looked great!:headbang:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

Regarding the setlist, they  played the same set list back in the day majority of the times. 

I view things a bit differently. When they are back in the NJ/NYC area, I'll go see them no matter what unless something happens in my personal life. They are my favorite all time band. They won't be around forever. Neither will I. 

Disagree. Take the Ritz in 88 and compare to 91/92 were they added lots of UYI songs. Sometimes they opened with Perfect Crime, RNDTH, ISE, PTU, Nightrain... 

sometimes they added Coma, Locomotive etc.

different orders. Small changes that made the shows a bit more unique.

39 minutes ago, Evil Doer said:

One seeing half seeing 3/5 of the band is good enough for me. I get to hear the hit songs from the 1980s and early 1990s live. I get to see Slash in concert so that is good enough for me.                              I agree with you about who knows when time is up. For any of us in the after 50, stuff is different yet I am hatdly ready or able to retire or living, acting , or or looking like I am in my 80s.                                                    MY opinion, after 2020 tour,    I doubt if GnR tours again. They have done it on this huge scale around the world over and over in repeated major markets.  Sales can slump but are not yet. They still have another good year for reunion pr and then switch it to, last tour pr.

Edited by Amaya

25 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

Well, I have seen GnR 3 times already, Velvet Revolver once, and Duff too with Loaded etc.

I won't regret it anymore.

If I have one regret, it is that I have never seen Chris Cornell live :shrugs:

Huge fan of him, his music has been there for me a large part of my life... yet somehow I didn't go to his shows.

With Guns things are very different now. They have got to bring something new now.

Maybe I should go see Eddie Vedder / Pearl Jam while I still can.

I hear you there. I had planned on seeing Chris at some point too. Thought I'd have time... 😳

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Probably a biased opinion

May very well be but I’ve seen them play it 4 times now (including in Charlotte where a lot of people on this forum stated that it was one of if not the best version of Slither they’ve played) and I thought last nights Slither performance was way better then all of them.

I’ll also add that I was extremely tired and dehydrated the entire show so if anything my opinion of the show is that it was worse than a lot of people on here seem to think.

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

From what I understand from reading around here , just my opinion on some of the things.                                        . The selist does  not and will not really change during this tour of The Big 3 reunion. It might vary off a very few songs here and there I assume if one of The Big 3 is sick.                                              The tour of 3.5 years hitting on 4 years is expensive in ticket prices and it is a massive, expensive tour.  The Big 3 have probably doubled what they were worth before their reunion if their band and their music.                                                    Steve and Izzy have as much of a chance being with The Big3 GnR as Marie Osmond does. Marie really has a lovely voice and has been in that business for about 55 of her about 60 years.                                                                      I think most of the The Big3 GnR tour is over now.  Do you think they can go beyond 2020? Do you think they want to go beyond 2020? Do you think they will go back in a few years...2025? Age, health and the market in 2020? The Back Out Again Tour 2025.lol.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Politania said:

:lol:because he likes his clothes and most important he feels comfortable in them? lol:lol:

I love the way Axl looked in black jeans during AC/DC. I prefered him in THAT version of clothing. he looked great!:headbang:

Yes' his best look was in Ac/Dc shows.  I guess that if you changes you clothes can feel comfortable too. At least in my case not would wear always the same clothes . Changes of wardrobe is about to be enthusiastic for some fresh thing too.

8 minutes ago, Mac daddy ax said:

unknown.png

Yes. He is way too big.  We here have  debated that too.   3.5 years  out of tour for months straight , but with lots of downtime  too and this man has not lost one pound. He is like me, lol, I can relate.  3.5 years of going to the gym,  I have not lost a pound. Unlike like him, I work out like a maniac.  Unlike him, I cannot get a chef, personal trainer , and some plastic surgery to suck up ,lipo, and cut off some skin.   Unlike him, I dont have that mid age man stomach due to shift in testosterone.  I dont have any testosterone,  lol. Not in my DNA. Lol. Because of  his work and resources, he could have done better. His weight is not going to change. If anything, he is going to get bigger.                                                       I am not insulting him or anyone else. His size is just how he is.                                   I think his stage clothes are ok to good. As we girls say, you need outfits to cover  a magnitude of sins depending on your size. Axl does this , well, because he is a 57 year old man, he can get by.   I had to wear a dress laat month for  a wedding. Yes I was spanxed up. Spanx.          

2 hours ago, RNRS said:

Yeah, but "back in the day" there was only 1 unnecessary drum/guitar solo as opposed to the countless lengthy covers, instrumental jams and irrelevant songs from Chinese Democracy. Sure, this band plays 3 hours, but I'd rather have a tight, 1,5 hour show than the snoozefest that's often this band nowadays.

Changing the set won't change casuals and mileniums' opinion on their good night out unless you take out a huge hit. At least half of the set could be replaced by something else and no casual would notice.

If you think it's a "snooze fest", why are you on here commenting? Are you one of those that watches all the shows on YouTube then criticizes every little thing? 

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

Disagree. Take the Ritz in 88 and compare to 91/92 were they added lots of UYI songs. Sometimes they opened with Perfect Crime, RNDTH, ISE, PTU, Nightrain... 

sometimes they added Coma, Locomotive etc.

different orders. Small changes that made the shows a bit more unique.

The Ritz was a special show. If you think about it how many times have they opened with It's So Easy since that show and before it. Locomotive was NEVER played live. Coma was played very few times during the UYI tour.  

To me, I don't care about the order. I'm there to have a good time. 

• Haha 1