09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

1 minute ago, Draguns said:

Really?! That's interesting. I did not  know that. 

Yep, dates below with credit to @Blackstarwho posted it originally but it was removed due to the trolling:

07.19.91 - Shoreline Amphitheatre

07.30.91 - Great Western Forum

08.03.91 - Great Western Forum

12.13.91 -- Madison Square Garden

02.20.92 - Tokyo Dome

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Yep, dates below with credit to @Blackstarwho posted it originally but it was removed due to the trolling:

07.19.91 - Shoreline Amphitheatre

07.30.91 - Great Western Forum

08.03.91 - Great Western Forum

12.13.91 -- Madison Square Garden

02.20.92 - Tokyo Dome

Locomotive, Breakdown, Bad Apples & Garden of Eden on video I consider Holy Grails, maybe one day :drool:

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

This is sad. Since axl has stopped the intro, one of the craziest parts of the show are people jumping around to jungle. Just look, it's flat and everyone has a phone out. So sad.

It really is so flat without the intro.

Pic if link gets deleted

Screenshot_20190929_231652_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

It is sad with the phones. I put mine away when I went to Guns in Toronto but I was a minority. Couldn't believe it... 😳

28 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

This is sad. Since axl has stopped the intro, one of the craziest parts of the show are people jumping around to jungle. Just look, it's flat and everyone has a phone out. So sad.

It really is so flat without the intro.

Pic if link gets deleted

Screenshot_20190929_231652_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Nothing to do with Axl not doing the intro, the crowds have been dead all tour in the US

Edited by Caedo

Festivals have changed over the decades and only a few tend to cater towards a curtain style of music. Most festivals today cater towards a across section of artists appearing and music genres. 

We use to have the Big Day Out in New Zealand in the early 90's and in those days, it solely catered to rock n roll, alternative or punk. 

It's was cool because you were surrounded by like minded people weather you were into punk, goth, metal or rock n roll. 

Walking around yesterday at Louder than Life, i spoke to people who were their for a purpose, to see a curtain artist or band, and it was clear alot of people were each to their own interms of reasons for attending the festival. 

One thing I did notice, and I understand the need for it, was the amount of coporate promotion via festival sponsors around (selling products onsite) and that also adds to a change in the type of people you get attending festivals. 

I spoke to a number of people who were at Louder than Life for no reason at all and seemed to be more interested in other things than the artists appearing on stage or the music these artists preform. 

I have read comments on the festivals official facebook page, and most people commenting on Guns N Roses, being late and or the bands preformance, fall into this category. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Creed said:

haha. that reminds me of the Tokyo 92 critics, who said the japanese crowd was disappointing and emotionally distanced.

US festival fans in 2019 are braindead.

At the show people were crowd surfing the whole time. Out of the 20 shows I’ve seen, this one ranks top 3 for crowd intensity. At least from where I was at

Does anyone know how many people were actually there last night. It was packed up front.