09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

I guess I'm the only one who likes Jungle better without the intro. I thought it dragged too long and the whole thing with the "... you're gonna die" scream was too stadium rock for me.

The phones are a just a sad reality of the concert experience these days.

It's a nice change of pace, he could do with getting rid of a few screams now and again early in the set to preserve his voice. 

As for phones at concerts, grateful for those that film but wouldn't do it myself. Missing out on the experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mega_Music said:

My quick recap! Legs are sore and haven't recovered from a 5 hour drive home.

The Louder and Life festival was a good time, but I was only there for Guns so finding a place to get out of the heat was best. We ventured down and were fairly close to center stage. Then the  Ice Cube set and the annoyance of land whales crowd surfing we moved further back. Before Guns got on we moved back into place closer to the stage. We were about 40 people back from center stage.

The late start caused the crowd to get a little chatty and dropping Axl jokes. However once Guns got on the jokers had their phones in the air. The long 3 hour set and the long solos seemed to clear out people thru the night.

Song highlights for me Slither, Shadow, and Nightrain.

Band sounded fantastic!!! Axl also sounded great for 85% of the night.

Richard and Slash are a lethal combination.

I don't want to bitch because seeing Axl, Slash and Duff still on the stage together is still a dream come true. However trimming some of the fat could help them.  Wichita Lineman has to go and Knockin could be trimmed down even more. Black Hole Sun was a hit with the rock crowd, but I think he could also go.

For those going to the other Rock Festivals, my advice is to find a good spot to watch near the middle. Waiting and dealing with the other people up front gets annoying fast. If you want to be along the rails its best to not do it during a festival stop. Also Merch stand was still open after Guns set, if you want to wait to get your stuff after the show.

I yelled play "Hard School" several times but no one around me seemed to know what that was.

Comment of the night, drunk lady talking to her friends didn't know what song Estranged was, said it must be a new November Rain and she thought it was called "JellyFish".

All and All a amazing night! Guns did not disappoint! I look forward to what the future holds with this lineup.

“Jelly Fish”.  LOL

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AlexisGolnas said:

How come everyone who is going to a show end up having a blast but the guys in the forum reading every time the same setlist is disapointed? 

Guess what? U should be dissapointed for not attending a show. Songs arent played for you to enjoy at home. If youre tired of reading the same letters of a setlist in a forum, dont bother reading.

Shows arent made for forum users.

The rest of you going to a show, have a blast 🤘 (Setlist was awesome, u crazy)

Hear, hear!!

This nails it 100%!! 🤘

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

They did, but this time they officially announced working on new material after that.

If there is another run before we hear new music then I'll lost hope completely. Till then I don't. 

They are doing Southamerica in march 2020... and maybe Europe afterwards. But the SA leg is almost a fact, you can count on that.

• Like 1

Show was great. Obviously, Axl was 40 minutes late, but I'm pretty sure it was due to him getting dropped off in a helicopter. It landed right outside of the venue about 15 minutes before they took the stage and they had to clear out some people behind the stage for some reason, before the show started. It reminded me of waiting for 2.30 hours for Axl to come out at the Columbus, 2002 show. Axl didn't start out too strong and seemed winded. I noticed him spitting a lot between songs, but he eventually warmed up and sounded pretty good on the classics. I'm still a little bummed they cut "This I Love" from the set, but at least they are playing Madagascar (for the second straight time in Louisville). I tried to make my way up near where the mic lands after he throws it out during Paradise City, but someone above five people to the right of me ended up catching it. I tried to buy it off of him, but he wouldn't budge. All and all a great show, but hopefully he doesn't make being more than 30 minutes late a habit again. If you read most of the reviews on the Louder Than Life page, that's what people are complaining about the most. Well done, Axl, now bring on some new tunes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grogmug said:

Show was great. Obviously, Axl was 40 minutes late, but I'm pretty sure it was due to him getting dropped off in a helicopter. It landed right outside of the venue about 15 minutes before they took the stage and they had to clear out some people behind the stage for some reason, before the show started. It reminded me of waiting for 2.30 hours for Axl to come out at the Columbus, 2002 show. Axl didn't start out too strong and seemed winded. I noticed him spitting a lot between songs, but he eventually warmed up and sounded pretty good on the classics. I'm still a little bummed they cut "This I Love" from the set, but at least they are playing Madagascar (for the second straight time in Louisville). I tried to make my way up near where the mic lands after he throws it out during Paradise City, but someone above five people to the right of me ended up catching it. I tried to buy it off of him, but he wouldn't budge. All and all a great show, but hopefully he doesn't make being more than 30 minutes late a habit again. If you read most of the reviews on the Louder Than Life page, that's what people are complaining about the most. Well done, Axl, now bring on some new tunes.

Lol 😂 40 mins. late is nothing compared to the old days. Sucks u didn't get his mic. That would've been awesome 👍🏻😁 Maybe next time... Glad you had a nice time

13 minutes ago, Politania said:

I hope he was one time late. He has too much to lose to return to old habits.:(

I agree but for the most part I think those days are long gone. Sounds like he may have been sick from a cold from what someone posted earlier about him spitting a lot for the first bit. Only Axl knows 4 sure

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jacob66216 said:

I actually like the setlist. I know, I’m weird.

Everybody liked the set list at the start of the 2016 shows. Few grumbles from the usually moaned about the amount of CD songs. And I was still moaning about the set being too bloated, but I was happy with overall song selection and order. I had the option to see the show a third time and passed. I love gnr but couldn't  justify seeing it again, and I honestly didn't mind skipping it.

52 minutes ago, Politania said:

I hope he was one time late. He has too much to lose to return to old habits.:(

He managed to adjust to the audience demographics at the cost of the performance not having the edge it used to have when he was late. Though he's still giving good to great performances now, back when he was usually late the shows were less predictable and his overall charisma was on a different level too. Not saying he should let people wait for hours again, but a little less punctuality is alright with me as long as he's on fire when he hits the stage.

10 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

theyll be taken down in 30 minutes due to copyright

• Like 1