09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

5 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

They are doing Southamerica in march 2020... and maybe Europe afterwards. But the SA leg is almost a fact, you can count on that.

So they've got November, December and January before rehearsing for the SA leg, right? And they already started. Axl has seemingly plenty of stuff in he vault, so this is more than enough time, isn't it?

15 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

So they've got November, December and January before rehearsing for the SA leg, right? And they already started. Axl has seemingly plenty of stuff in he vault, so this is more than enough time, isn't it?

I mean, yeah. It should be enough time if they are going to half-ass it and just have Slash and Duff tinker and re-record the 2010 album (newest known version, although a 2014 version can totally exist too).

I wish they'd leave the CD demos alone and release a proper boxset of it. That whole era needs closure and we, fans of said era, should get to listen to the songs as they were intented to be. Write a brand new album from scratch. The NITL lineup has nothing to do with that era, and the comeback album shouldn't have material written by CD-era members. That would be an insult to Slash and Duff IMO. Get Izzy on board for writing at least, FFS.

But well... I guess that's too much to ask <_<

1 hour ago, TheBoss said:

Lol, you are going to get that poor man's facebook personal account banned for life if you share those videos here. I'd delete them ASAP...

Edited by GNRfanMILO

10 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I only heard about 3 concerts in Lollapalooza Festival one in Argentina, one in Chile and one in Brazil, there is rumor of more?

That’s what I read too. If you ask me, I don’t see them flying down here for only 3 dates. One would think that they’re going to do Lollapalooza Sideshows too, or maybe hit a few more countries.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

That’s what I read too. If you ask me, I don’t see them flying down here for only 3 dates. One would think that they’re going to do Lollapalooza Sideshows too, or maybe hit a few more countries.

I think they'll probably do a month of shows down there, like they're doing right now.

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I mean, yeah. It should be enough time if they are going to half-ass it and just have Slash and Duff tinker and re-record the 2010 album (newest known version, although a 2014 version can totally exist too).

I wish they'd leave the CD demos alone and release a proper boxset of it. That whole era needs closure and we, fans of said era, should get to listen to the songs as they were intented to be. Write a brand new album from scratch. The NITL lineup has nothing to do with that era, and the comeback album shouldn't have material written by CD-era members. That would be an insult to Slash and Duff IMO. Get Izzy on board for writing at least, FFS.

But well... I guess that's too much to ask <_<

I'm too optimistic, right? :P I know.

It should be enough time for every other band out there.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I wanted so bad for Axl to absolutely nail 'Slither'. Hasn't happened.

He sings it so.............weird, I guess is the best way I can put it. He should be able to nail it. It's nowhere near out of his range. He just sings it way weired than he needs to. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Mega_Music said:

My quick recap! Legs are sore and haven't recovered from a 5 hour drive home.

The Louder and Life festival was a good time, but I was only there for Guns so finding a place to get out of the heat was best. We ventured down and were fairly close to center stage. Then the  Ice Cube set and the annoyance of land whales crowd surfing we moved further back. Before Guns got on we moved back into place closer to the stage. We were about 40 people back from center stage.

The late start caused the crowd to get a little chatty and dropping Axl jokes. However once Guns got on the jokers had their phones in the air. The long 3 hour set and the long solos seemed to clear out people thru the night.

Song highlights for me Slither, Shadow, and Nightrain.

Band sounded fantastic!!! Axl also sounded great for 85% of the night.

Richard and Slash are a lethal combination.

I don't want to bitch because seeing Axl, Slash and Duff still on the stage together is still a dream come true. However trimming some of the fat could help them.  Wichita Lineman has to go and Knockin could be trimmed down even more. Black Hole Sun was a hit with the rock crowd, but I think he could also go.

For those going to the other Rock Festivals, my advice is to find a good spot to watch near the middle. Waiting and dealing with the other people up front gets annoying fast. If you want to be along the rails its best to not do it during a festival stop. Also Merch stand was still open after Guns set, if you want to wait to get your stuff after the show.

I yelled play "Hard School" several times but no one around me seemed to know what that was.

Comment of the night, drunk lady talking to her friends didn't know what song Estranged was, said it must be a new November Rain and she thought it was called "JellyFish".

All and All a amazing night! Guns did not disappoint! I look forward to what the future holds with this lineup.

Well said, it was a lot of fun! 

32 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He sings it so.............weird, I guess is the best way I can put it. He should be able to nail it. It's nowhere near out of his range. He just sings it way weired than he needs to. 

The chorus is too high for his natural register and too low for head or chest voice so he came up with a harmony thats more suitable to be a backing vocal. Duff sings the REAL main melody the way its supposed to be.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Very weird.

It's one of those songs like 'It's So Easy' that as a fan, I would think Axl would nail, pretty effortlessly.

With that said, 'It's So Easy' has been sounding pretty rough these days, so I really don't know, lol.

There are multiple issues with Slither. The first one is the fact that he doesn’t sing the first verse correctly, at this part:

That's the spot where you run to me
Might see some type of pleasure in my mind

The next issue is the chorus, for two reasons.

One, he is obviously singing a harmony he created and letting Duff take the lead melody. Duff’s microphone isn’t as loud so you’re getting mostly Axl-harmony, sung with very little “rasp” in the voice. 

Two, he’s singing the chorus with a sort-of “swing” style rhythm, instead of the straight-forward way it was written. Duff is trying to sing it the correct way while Axl is extending vowels and shortening others.

The final issue is the post-solo bridge part:

When you look you see right through me
Cut the rope, fell to my knees
Born and Bloodied
Every single time

Once again, he just created his own melody instead of singing it the way it was written. I love when artists make songs their own, but I just don’t think it works in this song. This is just my own opinion and analysis, as a fan.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

There are multiple issues with Slither. The first one is the fact that he doesn’t sing the first verse correctly, at this part:

That's the spot where you run to me
Might see some type of pleasure in my mind

The next issue is the chorus, for two reasons.

One, he is obviously singing a harmony he created and letting Duff take the lead melody. Duff’s microphone isn’t as loud so you’re getting mostly Axl-harmony, sung with very little “rasp” in the voice. 

Two, he’s singing the chorus with a sort-of “swing” style rhythm, instead of the straight-forward way it was written. Duff is trying to sing it the correct way while Axl is extending vowels and shortening others.

The final issue is the post-solo bridge part:

When you look you see right through me
Cut the rope, fell to my knees
Born and Bloodied
Every single time

Once again, he just created his own melody instead of singing it the way it was written. I love when artists make songs their own, but I just don’t think it works in this song. This is just my own opinion and analysis, as a fan.

Hadn’t noticed the ‘post solo bridge’ part as being overly different (other than the blistering delivery) but I enjoy how the first verse is sung, he makes it catchier, more so than how Scott sung it. 

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Very weird.

It's one of those songs like 'It's So Easy' that as a fan, I would think Axl would nail, pretty effortlessly.

With that said, 'It's So Easy' has been sounding pretty rough these days, so I really don't know, lol.

It's So Easy sounds weird to me these days... That song is meant to be a stripped down balls to the wall guitar song.  I don't know what it is but I am pretty certain I can hear synths and shit layered over guitars and it doesn't sound right.  I don't notice as much in person (most likely due to opening song frenzy) but I often do while checking out performances online.. Especially on some of the soundboards ones. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't hate it but Axl could do much better if he actually spent some time listening to the song.  Chorus aside he is off on parts of the verses too as someone mentioned above. 

He's doing his own version though.

It's like when people are complaining that Slash isn't copying the solos on better, this i love and sorry. 

Why have Slash or Axl in a band and expect them to just copy the previous versions of songs?

What a waste of talent.

I always want them to improvise and change the song in a way they are comfortable with.

I love Axls vocals in the chorus of slither especially. He harmonises for Duff who is singing the more "traditional" version of the chorus..

I think it sounds amazing.

• Like 2