09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

Here we go again...

4 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Well, they need to keep touring so they can keep using the old “we’ve been focusing on the live shows” chestnut whenever they’re asked about new material.

Exactly what is going to happen.

The difference is they officially said NITL is over. So I am expecting at least some changes :)

Oh, whoever said outdoor shows late 2019 in Europe? I don't think so. We don't have that. It's cold here then. It would be nice to have some indoor shows. But I don't think that will be this year. Let's hope for 2020.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'll call it now - it'll be a full tour with more outdoor shows in the US, Europe in november/december, then Australia Asia in January February. Back to the US for another Arena run after that. 

This is what I'm wondering. That it will kick off some further dates, it doesn't seem cost effective to get a crew together for one festival.

Then again I know next to zilch about the business side of touring so :shrugs:

As far as new music - what do u cats think Slash is doing with the month of March off and then Gnr plays a festival in September- I would bet and I don’t know but I would say he is in the studio with Gnr as we speak - Slash doesn’t take time off it is all articulated around a schedule - Look for a new Gnr album sooner than later - most likely early 2020 and then the touring cycle starts again - Myles with Alterbridge recording now and then a tour - Gnr recording and then a tour and then Slash back to Smkc again - great day to be a Slash fan - hell to the yes 

Edited by TMAC20
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

Axl in September:

"How the fuck are you doing, Kentucky?! Uh... you know... we’d like to introduce a new song now... This is called..."

You’ll see, you’ll see.

"We're gonna try something..."

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spirit said:

A new single release before their next live appearance is realistic I think.

Question is, will this be a one-off, or will they tour extensively after this festival appearance?

Hope for the best but expect the worst.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DIST said:

All I wanna know is if Axl's still fat.

He seemed in pretty good shape for a 56 year old during NITL, he shifted some pounds after he got his foot back to normal. If fans are expecting 140 pound Axl from 1991 then they need to give their head a wobble, that was Bruce Lee's weight. Think Axl will probably weigh between 180-195 pounds. 

Touring and selling merchandise at these shows is were the money is at these days. The music industry has changed over the last two decades. 

Danny Wimmer the festival promotor is also the talent buyer for Woodstock 50 and the promotor for a Tool show sold out already in May. 

It's probably more about being offered a festival headline and going, if it fits in with everyone being free, and it makes sense, why not. 

And before people point the finger at the band or TB, it would have been the bands booking agent that would have been approached . Yes the band and it's management would have been consulted but the booking agent is in place to ensure it makes business sense to headline the festival and there are no concerns about the promotor in terms of professional integrity. 

Jason Newsted has been open about the personal impact on him, of dealing directly with a promotor in Australia many years ago and being taken advantage of. 

Thats why booking agents are essential. There job is to ensure the promotor is legit and pays the required up front appearance fee (deposit) than receiving the full payment, often held in the booking agents bank accounts, in trust, before being deposited into the artists management accounts each taking a percentage as their fees (band management taking out costs to cover payments to road crew, techs (Adam Day, McBob), sound and lighting techs, tour managers etc) than finally passing onto the artists themselves (the band members) as to the terms or each individuals remuneration agreement or share of the profits depending on what's been agreed to. 

Edited by kiwiguns

59 minutes ago, alfierose said:

This is what I'm wondering. That it will kick off some further dates, it doesn't seem cost effective to get a crew together for one festival.

Then again I know next to zilch about the business side of touring so :shrugs:

A lot of crew on a tour is dedicated to the sound, lights and stage, plus all the drivers. At a festival all that is already taken care of. And the people pushing the bands equipment off the truck are a lot of local hires usually and typically that is taken care of at a festival too. So its a minimal crew for GNR to bring; instrument techs, security, TB, Kat, merch (local hire?), I assume Carram on sound and whatever luxury people Axl needs. (Still a lot of people now that I list it! :lol:)

All that said, its still not super cost effective given that they fly GN'Air and what not, so yeah, likely more shows to come.

• Like 1