09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

Mega_Music

1 minute ago, tifalucis said:

People want to have hope. They forget that their idol is Guns N’ Roses.

tbh deep down I wanna hope too

I hope too - massively. But I've got realism too- they've simply not had enough time to work on anything new, so I can't possibly expect it. Happy to be proved wrong, but it's completely unrealistic and shows no awareness of how the band operates, both in the past and now, to expect new material so soon. Barely any band with the touring schedules the members have been keeping would do it, let alone GNR who haven't worked together in years. 

• Sad 1

People seem to forget that Slash has an incredible work ethic and that he's kept busy in some way, shape or form since VR formed. It's not inconceivable that he was/is working on Guns studio material in between tour legs. 

Axl on the other hand... Who the fuck knows? Probably not :lol:

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

I don't understand why so many people get upset over GnR doing a show?  Because it has grown old or boring?

Realistically what could you possibly be doing on a Saturday night in September that is better than seeing Guns n Fucking Roses live.  Have a drink at the show and have fun.  That's what life is about, enjoying it and having fun.  If a GnR show isn't enough for you than go do something else with your time and stop complaining :)

Axl, Slash and Duff all said new music is coming and i have no reason not to believe them.  I just hope there is a tour date closer to me.

I agree with all this. If there was a date close to me I would be there.. Not traveling to KY right now for this lineup though. 

• Like 1

As much as I want new music, I doubt they perform anything new this year.

But still, a Guns show is still a Guns show. If 'no new music' is a deal-breaker, there is always the option of not going. I encourage anyone who are able to go, to go. They won't be here forever*.

*Who am I kidding, they will tour at least 10 more years.  

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I agree with all this. If there was a date close to me I would be there.. Not traveling to KY right now for this lineup though. 

Totally agree.  Any GnR/rock show is better than no show.  If you told me they were in Mpls tonight I'd be there in a second.  Bret Michaels (say what you want) is here in MN tomorrow night.  I'm going and guess what- it's gonna be a blast.  Gotta see our bands while they are still around.  Look at Mick and Ozzy- both cancelling/postponing shows due to health (age) etc... I'm also going to Sammy & the Circle in a few weeks...that will kick ass as well.   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Got a pair of tickets today. Not a bad price at all at $70 each. I normally spring for pit tickets to GNR shows that cost me almost $300 each. Not too far to drive from Chicago. Rock and roll.

How are you getting tix?  Appears they don’t go on sale until 4/8

31 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Got a pair of tickets today. Not a bad price at all at $70 each. I normally spring for pit tickets to GNR shows that cost me almost $300 each. Not too far to drive from Chicago. Rock and roll.

The $70 front of stage pit tickets are available through night train?  

Is this the “oak” stage?

3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Absolutely amazed that people honestly seem to think new material is going to get played. 

Even a band who have worked together for many, many years don't just pull new material out of their arse....let alone a band who haven't, and whose members have been touring in side projects consistently since their last show! 

Totally unrealistic and amazingly naive to expect it. 

Although to be fair Axl said in the China Exchange interview that he showed Slash and Duff some of the songs he had going on, probably CD era stuff already fleshed out a bit.  That has been over 2 years ago, close to 3.   I don't think it is unrealistic or naive to at least consider the possibility of something new - I am not expecting it to happen because this is GNR after all, but I would say by September it isn't unrealistic in terms of this band having potentially something new going on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

How are you getting tix?  Appears they don’t go on sale until 4/8

Through the Louder than Life website presale code COMMUNITY.

10 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Is this the “oak” stage?

Not sure which stage IS the Oak Stage, so I didn't want to buy the VIP for more than double the price of a single day. From previous maps, it appears the VIP is designated off to the side of the stage, not in front. I am not interested in that. Also, it would suck to buy the VIP then find out GNR play a different stage. 'Cause there is a second higher-priced VIP that gives you close access to two different stages. Oak and something else. I forget.

12 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Is this the “oak” stage?

To clarify here. I meant I normally buy pit tickets to the regular shows, which cost close to $300 each. The $70 I bought for Louder Than Life are general admission since it wasn't clear for the $200 VIP if you'd be side-stage or they'd rail off part of the front. Even still, I just didn't want to pay that much right now. I am doing two other festivals in September. Riot Fest and Bass Center.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I would be happy for those who are going to this, but the fact that it's most likely going to be the shits makes me wonder how people can afford to blow away their money.

there won't be no music i think. Same setlist as before. 

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Ditto!  

• Like 3