ChiDem Live Performances

2 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Totally. And likewise he comes out and does Shadow or kills it with Billy Joel. I've probably spent about 500 hours on this forum chasing my tail trying to figure out how his voice works. I'm fingers crossed for Saturday. Could be another first show 2006/2009. 

Yeah I really just don't understand - Especially why he doesn't use that powerful mid range deep voice in substitute for some of the higher vocal parts ... I'm not expecting '91-'93 chainsaw but I know he can deliver and it's so frustrating !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jordan Rose said:

Totally. And likewise he comes out and does Shadow or kills it with Billy Joel. I've probably spent about 500 hours on this forum chasing my tail trying to figure out how his voice works. I'm fingers crossed for Saturday. Could be another first show 2006/2009. 

As far the Billy Joel thing, it's just one song so he could blow it out.  It's a stamina issue these days, he's like an aging boxer.  You have to pick your spots to be aggressive and also know when to hold back and conserve your energy.  The old rope a dope.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lame ass security said:

As far the Billy Joel thing, it's just one song so he could blow it out.  It's a stamina issue these days, he's like an aging boxer.  You have to pick your spots to be aggressive and also know when to hold back and conserve your energy.  The old rope a dope.

Great analogy. And the saddest part is he was fucking 37 when he recorded the leaks we've just heard and The General has the "highest, hardest, screaming singing" Baz has heard him do....and if he ever releases and tours them he'll be in his late 50s/early 60s having spent twenty years wearing out his voice mostly singing "promoting" fucking Appetite. 

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

It's still eating at me what his "we have to do this first ..." comment was all about ... Surely it's the new album ??

He seemed to mean "finish this first" as in the tour. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Great analogy. And the saddest part is he was fucking 37 when he recorded the leaks we've just heard and The General has the "highest, hardest, screaming singing" Baz has heard him do....and if he ever releases and tours them he'll be in his late 50s/early 60s having spent twenty years wearing out his voice mostly singing "promoting" fucking Appetite. 

He seemed to mean "finish this first" as in the tour. 

Yeah I got that .. But he continued with "before what come's next ..." I'm thinking he was either alluding to new music ... Hopefully not just more touring ...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, surforia said:

There was a rumor back in ‘08 that Sorry was about Steven Adler.  Can’t remember where I heard it.

It is clearly an amalgam, like Axl said. Some parts could be about Slash ("just shut up and sing") but other parts not ("difference is nobody cares about you").
Some parts could be about Steven ("difference is nobody cares about you") but other parts not ("just shut up and sing" – which Axl stated was told him by Slash/Duff). Etc.

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

It is clearly an amalgam, like Axl said. Some parts could be about Slash ("just shut up and sing") but other parts not ("difference is nobody cares about you").
Some parts could be about Steven ("difference is nobody cares about you") but other parts not ("just shut up and sing" – which Axl stated was told him by Slash/Duff). Etc.

Agreed. I always assumed it was about practically everyone that got in his way. The lyrics are very revealing - Certain lines are so obviously about Slash/Duff while the chorus is directed right towards the fans who "stuck with us through all the fuckin' shit" 

15 minutes ago, username05 said:

stop assuming that songs are about Slash or Stephen... its been 20 years for fuck sakes... imagine you thinking about from someone 20 years ago...

things change... people have events in their lives... 

Well Axl himself was still making comments right up till the reunion so 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Well Axl himself was still making comments right up till the reunion so 🤷🏻‍♂️

its because people keept throwing it to his face at shows. Its not like he blames Slash every time he runs out of toiler paper. 

for a man who is known to be deep, interested in arts and politics, I doubt he has such a one-dimensional life that all he ever does can be summed up by "Slash". ... 1 night in his hotel room is probably more eventful than all of our years combined. 

3b1rbe.jpg

Edited by username05

14 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

It works when Axl wants it to work.

12 hours ago, username05 said:

its because people keept throwing it to his face at shows. Its not like he blames Slash every time he runs out of toiler paper. 

for a man who is known to be deep, interested in arts and politics, I doubt he has such a one-dimensional life that all he ever does can be summed up by "Slash". ... 1 night in his hotel room is probably more eventful than all of our years combined. 

3b1rbe.jpg

Think you're taking things way too far .... But to suggest we should move on because Axl did is just silly ....