Gordon Comstock

Quick Song & Zodiac Instrumentals *NO LINKS OR REQUESTS*

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Supposedly so cause on one disc it specifically states “zodiac w/out vocals,” thus implying that a version WITH vocals is in the mix there, somewhere...

The TWAT 2.0 label is right on.  We need to hear this with vocals. 

CD2 would have probably been something like,

1. Zodiac

2. Hard School

3. State of Grace

4. Perhaps

5. Atlas Shrugged

6. Quicksong

7. Seven

8. Oh My God

9. Silkworms

10. Soul Monster

11. PRL/ Thyme

12. Berlin/ Oklahoma

13. The General

Zodiac, Hard School, Quicksong, OMG, Silkworms, and Soul Monster are either confirmed or said to be heavy/relative rockers. Seven was said to be a relative epic with orchestra (and so is The General). Atlas Shrugged  and Perhaps are mid tempo, and I think I read somewhere Berlin/Oklahoma is as well. PRL/Thyme same deal maybe.

Either way, just based off the tracks we have heard, that is a fucking killer record. Obviously, you can leave off Silkworms but knowing Axl, that and the new OMG would be on there. It fits with him saying the follow up woud be darker and heavier too.

FUCK I wish we got this record in 2010

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

Axl Rose is and was 100% GUNS N ROSES. he had a progressive idea of where to takes the band and slash should’ve listened. These leaks are interesting, different, and GOOD! if slash would’ve just entertained axl’s whim for a year or so, he would’ve gotten past his whim to record industrial music and moved on. On the other hand, if Axl would’ve just recorded this all as solo Axl, same thing. It’s a shame these 2 men couldn’t put their egos aside and just took a 2 year break...

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

CD2 would have probably been something like,

1. Zodiac

2. Hard School

3. State of Grace

4. Perhaps

5. Atlas Shrugged

6. Quicksong

7. Seven

8. Oh My God

9. Silkworms

10. Soul Monster

11. PRL/ Thyme

12. Berlin/ Oklahoma

13. The General

Zodiac, Hard School, Quicksong, OMG, Silkworms, and Soul Monster are either confirmed or said to be heavy/relative rockers. Seven was said to be a relative epic with orchestra (and so is The General). Atlas Shrugged  and Perhaps are mid tempo, and I think I read somewhere Berlin/Oklahoma is as well. PRL/Thyme same deal maybe.

Either way, just based off the tracks we have heard, that is a fucking killer record. Obviously, you can leave off Silkworms but knowing Axl, that and the new OMG would be on there. It fits with him saying the follow up woud be darker and heavier too.

FUCK I wish we got this record in 2010

I don’t think Oh my God will ever appear on an album 

• Sad 1

Its Axl. The guy doesnt let things go

I dont think it'll turn up now, though. In 2010? Why not? 

Either way you can subtract that and Silkworms 

24 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

He let half of his life’s work go.

Zodiac and Quick Song with vocals have the potential to supersede any of these recent 99 era leaks. 

They’re a much more straight RnR vibe.

Edited by sparka

37 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

You must also remember, Axl lives in a world where his biological family fucked him over. He searched for a family during the heights of Guns N’ Roses fame and again felt abandon by his band mates leaving him (apparently especially felt slighted when slash collaborated with MJ, as Axl claimed to be a victim of child abuse), he found a “family” in team Brazil, and as far as he’s concerned, beta is a mother figure and her kids, his siblings. It’s a miracle Axl and Slash ever got back together. If it wasn’t for the money, I’m sure TB wouldn’t have pushed for it. Has this been a good thing? No. I’d rather have all the CD music than a half hearted reunion. I’d rather have the trilogy. Carry on

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

You must also remember, Axl lives in a world where his biological family fucked him over. He searched for a family during the heights of Guns N’ Roses fame and again felt abandon by his band mates leaving him (apparently especially felt slighted when slash collaborated with MJ, as Axl claimed to be a victim of child abuse), he found a “family” in team Brazil, and as far as he’s concerned, beta is a mother figure and her kids, his siblings. It’s a miracle Axl and Slash ever got back together. If it wasn’t for the money, I’m sure TB wouldn’t have pushed for it. Has this been a good thing? No. I’d rather have all the CD music than a half hearted reunion. I’d rather have the trilogy. Carry on

There is no trilogy of albums from those seasons. 

6 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

I agree on this! 

13 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Part of me thinks Axl's plans for the rest of this material must've been persistently railroaded for years by industry folks for him to just abandon it all and go with the reunion.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

A full disc has leaked. It includes instrumental versions of Zodiac and Quick Song, and alt versions of other CD songs.

Quick Song needs more Slash.... :axl::slash:

2001-06-01_-_160_Rough_Mixes_-_Back.jpg

AWESOME! Finally a Wholesome Leaker who just drops the entire thing! I'm really hoping all the full discs will eventually spill! ^_^ 

Wholesome Leaker! ^_^ 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

We just got almost an entire album of leaks. Why do u say that?

My opinion is based off that those leaks are demos. I don’t Axl intended to finish some of these songs. I don’t believe there is 3 albums of songs he intended to release. Some of these leaks aren’t even songs.

• Like 1

Great stuff. Now we need one of these guys to release the good transfer HOB (is it a coincidence the 10GB version just leaked? I dont think so). The 10GB version quality is a disgrace to all video transfers out there.

First thing I thought about Quicksong is it has a Zeppelin vibe to it and also Nirvana. Promising. Zodiac is even better though. Much better imo. Atlas sounds great here. It really grew on me.