Eye On You - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

26 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Siempre escuchamos que se estaban trabajando algunas canciones realmente industriales en las sesiones de CD. Aparte de OMG y Shacklers (y algo mejor) no pudimos escuchar mucho en CD. Creo que esta elección fue deliberada porque para cuando salió el CD, el estilo industrial había pasado de moda. Ahora podemos ver la dirección en la que Axl iba en el 2000. Me imagino que si alguna de estas canciones de sonido industrial hace el próximo disco, serán reelaboradas por completo. 

12:24

5 minutes ago, h2sublime said:

Nah, Atlas, Perhaps, Hardschool, State of Grace are all the real deal. Maybe you don’t like GNR if you feel that way. Plus, you guys realize these weren’t released right? You are listening to an UNRELEASED version and criticizing it. Makes no sense.

^^^This. Even Going Down would get people nodding their heads along to it, I’d think.

i think Eye On You and Silkworms take things too far in the experimental direction, tho. I like Silkworms, but I know that average Joe would go “wtf is that?”

11 minutes ago, h2sublime said:

Nah, Atlas, Perhaps, Hardschool, State of Grace are all the real deal. Maybe you don’t like GNR if you feel that way. Plus, you guys realize these weren’t released right? You are listening to an UNRELEASED version and criticizing it. Makes no sense.

they are just demos.  Some people whine about everything.  Cant wait till tomorrow.  wah, wah, wah, set list, wah, wah, Mickey, wah wah

• Like 1

If you look at Chinese Democracy as an Axl Rose solo album with input from others, which is exactly what it is, and understand that in those perameters these wacky, out there, tracks is just him doing whatever the fuck he wants, you're giving yourself a pretty large parking spot to enjoy these for what they are.

But if you're a hardcore rocker/metal enthusiast who simply can't suffer nonsense then I can see how listening to these tracks would make you think "What the fuck?? This isn't GNR's sound at all! What is this shit??"  

It's easier to be the former, as I like enjoying things.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, something.always said:

I'm just gonna throw this here, the leak that went "there's a child now, chained to the bed now", that was The General, right? 

It's not a leak. It's a fan made recreation of a very bad cell phone recording where you can't hear the words.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

If you look at Chinese Democracy as an Axl Rose solo album with input from others, which is exactly what it is, and understand that in those perameters these wacky, out there, tracks is just him doing whatever the fuck he wants, you're giving yourself a pretty large parking spot to enjoy these for what they are.

But if you're a hardcore rocker/metal enthusiast who simply can't suffer nonsense then I can see how listening to these tracks would make you think "What the fuck?? This isn't GNR's sound at all! What is this shit??"  

It's easier to be the former, as I like enjoying things.

I agree with you on that, we all know Axl as a rocker, the frontman of a well known rock band and people expect certain things from him because he has that role, but Axl can also be seen as a musician who changes his vision on what he wants to do and create, and when you indeed listen to these songs like that you can enjoy them as something other than Guns N' Roses songs. 

3 hours ago, Gianluca87 said:

Sorry guys for the question... but who is macdaddy?

How are we supposed to know the answer if even Axl doesn't know? He too wants to know the answer. Who is the macdaddy? I wonder if he ever found out who it is. We need to contact Fernando to find out who it is

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

11 minutes ago, something.always said:

What I heard was pretty high quality and you could definitely hear the words. 

Anyway, an altered phone recording would still be considered a leak.

The one where you hear the words is fan made by Evader, not the "real" song. It's not a leak.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

How are we supposed to know the answer if even Axl doesn't know? He too wants to know the answer. Who is the macdaddy? I wonder if he ever found out who it is. We need to contact Fernando to find out who it is

Mother Goose! They were using the Mac rigs for ProTools in the early days of the newer lineup. Chris Mothafuckin Mac Daddy Pitman!!!

• Like 1

Just now, kever20 said:

Mother Goose! They were using the Mac rigs for ProTools in the early days of the newer lineup. Chris Mothafuckin Mac Daddy Pitman!!!

I'm not too sure about that. An E-mail to Fernando asking who the mcdaddy is would maybe clear it up

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3