Eye On You - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

5 minutes ago, Amir said:

Never thought I'd like a song where Axl repeats the lyric "I know you think you're bad, but who's the Mac Daddy?" more than the mythical Atlas Shrugged, but here we are :shrugs:

Yeah Atlas is a cool song but it was hyped way too much. I like it, but it's crazy it's towards the bottom of my list when ranking the leaks

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah Atlas is a cool song but it was hyped way too much. I like it, but it's crazy it's towards the bottom of my list when ranking the leaks

Yeah, but I still have hope I will dig a "finished" version more. I'm sure Slash would kick ass on it, but would be a shame if we never heard Bumblefoot's solos, I liked his work on ChiDem. A man can dream of alternates and b-sides...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What Blackstars is saying is the original cellphone audio is a leak. That other one is just some audio some dude made. And that's the one you're refering to.

Yeah the vocals were made by taking the rock band video game stems and using them to recreate the vocal melody of the leaked cellphone clip syllable-by-syllable. At least that’s the story I heard.

Edited by rocknroll41

41 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

It’s funny you say that cause Atlas is the one that sounds most like a “complete song” to my ears out of everything that has leaked this year so far. All the others sound more like “sketches.” Don’t get me wrong, I like almost all of them (hardschool is actually my favorite, with Atlas being my second), but if I had to pick a song to present to someone as a “complete” new GnR song, it’d be Atlas.

2 minutes ago, Creed said:

Axl could burp or fart into the mic and people like Amir and Co would still play it on repeat.

Axl was absolutely amazing from 1986-1993.

Songs like 'Eye on you' really harm the GnR brand. Thats why Universal and Ezrin rejected this shit so many times.

Oh knock it off. 🙄

3 minutes ago, Creed said:

Axl could burp or fart into the mic and people like Amir and Co would still play it on repeat.

Songs like 'Eye on you' really harm the GnR brand. Thats why Universal and Ezrin rejected this shit so many times.

Right... That's why, because of one song. Lol

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Creed said:

Atlas is good tho. I can see why it almost the record and had to be cut literally at the last minute due to timing.

1 hour ago, Creed said:

you like Creed so you love farts too ? :D Axl was amazing on Chinese too you know not everybody wants to do the same thing over and over again :) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

It’s like the voice he uses on If the World and IRS.

After listening to this a few more times, I can tell that what ruins the song for me is definitely that “Mac daddy” part. Get rid of that and just keep the “hey hey”s going on at the same time, and the song would instantly become MUCH better.

Any dj/mix wizards on here that can make this happen?

Just now, DeadSlash said:

I keep hearing there are 2 more tracks with vocals, but who knows.

I’ve keep hearing the same. That Nothing and Quicksong have vocals. But then there’s talk about another disc. Who knows. I’m just enjoying the fuck out of all of it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think it’s four now: Quick Song and Zodiac (we’ve only heard instrumentals so far), and then Nothing and Dragon (the latter of which is apparently on a disc we haven’t seen a screenshot of yet).

Bring it on. I’m ready after hearing those instrumentals. I heard Nothing is Pink Floydish....