Eye On You - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

How are we supposed to know the answer if even Axl doesn't know? He too wants to know the answer. Who is the macdaddy? I wonder if he ever found out who it is. We need to contact Fernando to find out who it is

I research an bit in WIKIPEDIA about this Mc Daddy and apparently is some relative a aviation.

34 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m kinda bummed so many people hate this song. I think it’s actually really awesome. Unconventional and maybe not GNR but really great vocals and a cool experiment.

I enjoy hearing his vocals on basically anything - the scream at 1:08 is really cool.  However, this song is so not Gn’R that, in some ways, it spoiled the other great CD leaks and makes me sympathetic to the side that says CD isn’t GNR.  

9 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m kinda bummed so many people hate this song. I think it’s actually really awesome. Unconventional and maybe not GNR but really great vocals and a cool experiment.

yeah. I luv it. It sounds like modern Neil Young+ ;  really digging it.  Ignore the other comments. They have no idea what they are talking about... 

Its like a NIN "Immigrant song" menacing sound, with Neil Young singing on top of it. 

This is the shit. A gold mine. For me best CD song! Whos on the guitars?! Its a Finck thing?! Amazing! Bass is deep as fuck... drums are so subtle,... so menacing. And vocals are best Axl vocals I've heard.

I like the fact that its a continuous song, with a constant theme.

Its a great rocker song. Cool singing with a disturbing but subtile background music. This one in vocals style is a lot similar to IRS, except that IRS is not as nearly as smooth,... but more of a choppy song (Like RHCP does). 

I'm usually first to nitpick, but this is fcking masterpiece! 

if released, it will be up there on the charts with SCOM. 

edit 4:

TLDR... I love it. It flows naturally with axls voice. Music and Vocals are completely in tune; - something that cant be said for all CD songs... but this one... this one is da bomb!

Of all the CD songs this one most complements his vocal capabilities. And probably is the most Rocker song! Its flawless, and more than flawless!!! 

I'll bash anyone who says a bad word about this song! Its the most revolutionary of any CD song so far! All others are an evolution of something... this is THE NEW SHIT! New sound!

edit 5:

Best parts of IRS,CITR, If the world, and OMG extracted in one song! + the sleazy back vocals... 
Vocals of IRS... poppiness of IfTheWorld,  menacing sound of OMG,  and soul of Catcher in the rye , all in one! 
This is what was worth the wait! I hope the band realized what they have on their hands... 

edit 6:

there's a piece of Madagascar drums in there as well... the progression before the "Speeches part"... the one that gives the kick to it... its buried beneath the vocals(you can hear it from 1:00 onward) !

Basically this song is Chinese Democracy. Its all the experiences... efforts... everything Axl learned while working on CD compressed into one musical experience!

edit 7:

hell it even has a Goth sythn rolled on top of the bass... the same sound on top of the beat of latest Silkworms...

Best art and masterpieces are the ones without any redundancies.

Best art in a short format conveys the most information. This song seamlessly conveys so much musical experience!

how can you be certain?

When you listen to it... do you think it sounds goth? It doesnt! But it has goth bass, goth back guitar and goth syth! But it isnt goth!
Is has Neil Young vocals.... but do you think it it a 70s revival? No its not! 
Is it 80s rock? No it isnt!
Did you hear anything like it before in GNR? No I didnt!
Does any other band sound like this? NO!
Is it the new shit?! ITS THE NEW SHIT!

All the other songs were progressing and learning experience to create this... 

if Paradise city encapsulates AFD, and Dont cry encapsulates UYI... this encapsulates CD era!

DONT BASH THIS SONG, YOU'LL LATER EAT YOUR WORDS FOR NOT REALISING WHAT A GEM IT IS !!!

this is the most advanced shit GNR or VR produced . Its completely new rock sound! Last time anyone made this leap was WTTJ!

what made GNR big was Slashs blues sound, Duffs punk beat, Izzys country relaxation, and Axls vocals... 
Now you have it again in this song. Menacing (almost industrial)backing guitar, the Sleazy back vocals and bass, with 60s "hippie" vocals... and so many GNR experimental sounds rolled into one... 

And despite so many different styles and themes you cant say any of those pieces stands out. There is nothing "to much", "or to little". Everything is right where it belongs. -  ... its seamless symphony. Its a perfect machine!

They can make a whole album with this sound. 

Back in -99 in an interview, Axl said that they didnt get to look for a new sound... but looks like he found it not long after!

sorry for the rant... but I'm excited :D

Still not convinced?! Wanna see how epic it? 
Start this video from 0:13 sec at same time as start of EOU! And be emotionally blown away!

Edited by username05
  • Like 1

I see some of you are not that excited with eye on you...

and I think its should be fixed, since its IMO best song so far. Since I realize how hard it is sometimes to emotionally resonate with a new song. 

well, for all you willing to give it a 2nd try... and get in the vibe...here's a small trick to get you resonating... 

start this link (starting 0:13) at the same time as Eye on you and enjoy...
(mute original youtube music)

with this vid, even the Mac Daddy jokes wont be as funny as some of you thought they were. 

@ mods, please let this thread hang for a while. 

Edited by username05

4 hours ago, username05 said:

yeah. I luv it. It sounds like modern Neil Young+ ;  really digging it.  Ignore the other comments. They have no idea what they are talking about... 

Its like a NIN "Immigrant song" menacing sound, with Neil Young singing on top of it. 

This is the shit. A gold mine. For me best CD song! Whos on the guitars?! Its a Finck thing?! Amazing! Bass is deep as fuck... drums are so subtle,... so menacing. And vocals are best Axl vocals I've heard.

I like the fact that its a continuous song, with a constant theme.

Its a great rocker song. Cool singing with a disturbing but subtile background music. This one in vocals style is a lot similar to IRS, except that IRS is not as nearly as smooth,... but more of a choppy song (Like RHCP does). 

I'm usually first to nitpick, but this is fcking masterpiece! 

if released, it will be up there on the charts with SCOM. 

edit 4:

TLDR... I love it. It flows naturally with axls voice. Music and Vocals are completely in tune; - something that cant be said for all CD songs... but this one... this one is da bomb!

Of all the CD songs this one most complements his vocal capabilities. And probably is the most Rocker song! Its flawless, and more than flawless!!! 

I'll bash anyone who says a bad word about this song! Its the most revolutionary of any CD song so far! All others are an evolution of something... this is THE NEW SHIT! New sound!

edit 5:

Best parts of IRS,CITR, If the world, and OMG extracted in one song! + the sleazy back vocals... 
Vocals of IRS... poppiness of IfTheWorld,  menacing sound of OMG,  and soul of Catcher in the rye , all in one! 
This is what was worth the wait! I hope the band realized what they have on their hands... 

edit 6:

there's a piece of Madagascar drums in there as well... the progression before the "Speeches part"... the one that gives the kick to it... its buried beneath the vocals(you can hear it from 1:00 onward) !

Basically this song is Chinese Democracy. Its all the experiences... efforts... everything Axl learned while working on CD compressed into one musical experience!

edit 7:

hell it even has a Goth sythn rolled on top of the bass... the same sound on top of the beat of latest Silkworms...

Best art and masterpieces are the ones without any redundancies.

Best art in a short format conveys the most information. This song seamlessly conveys so much musical experience!

how can you be certain?

When you listen to it... do you think it sounds goth? It doesnt! But it has goth bass, goth back guitar and goth syth! But it isnt goth!
Is has Neil Young vocals.... but do you think it it a 70s revival? No its not! 
Is it 80s rock? No it isnt!
Did you hear anything like it before in GNR? No I didnt!
Does any other band sound like this? NO!
Is it the new shit?! ITS THE NEW SHIT!

All the other songs were progressing and learning experience to create this... 

if Paradise city encapsulates AFD, and Dont cry encapsulates UYI... this encapsulates CD era!

DONT BASH THIS SONG, YOU'LL LATER EAT YOUR WORDS FOR NOT REALISING WHAT A GEM IT IS !!!

this is the most advanced shit GNR or VR produced . Its completely new rock sound! Last time anyone made this leap was WTTJ!

what made GNR big was Slashs blues sound, Duffs punk beat, Izzys country relaxation, and Axls vocals... 
Now you have it again in this song. Menacing (almost industrial)backing guitar, the Sleazy back vocals and bass, with 60s "hippie" vocals... and so many GNR experimental sounds rolled into one... 

And despite so many different styles and themes you cant say any of those pieces stands out. There is nothing "to much", "or to little". Everything is right where it belongs. -  ... its seamless symphony. Its a perfect machine!

They can make a whole album with this sound. 

Back in -99 in an interview, Axl said that they didnt get to look for a new sound... but looks like he found it not long after!

sorry for the rant... but I'm excited :D

Still not convinced?! Wanna see how epic it? 
Start this video from 0:13 sec at same time as start of EOU! And be emotionally blown away!

ehm... ok... :rolleyes:

I already knew that Eye On You was better than Hans Zimmer, but thanks for confirming.

In all seriousness, it is a strong song, it's just a shame people shit on it because they can't get past the (certainly memeworthy) placeholder lyric.

Axl mentioned in the past that he wanted to get into film music, and having seen this, I want him to aswell!

Edited by Azifwekare

it has epic written all over it. thats why I thought of interstellar the first moment I heard it. Its a deep song, great composition.. .so many layers of music woven into it seamlessly.

IMO best CD track so far. It captures the essence from different CD songs and distills them into one condensed masterpiece. 

people should stop bashing it. It deserves no such thing. 

its not pretentious... no big solos... no grandiose orchestration ... but its a low key masterpiece 

whoever says its not good would probably call this a crap song as well:

Edited by username05

So where's the rap that everyone kept talking about before this leaked? At the risk of sounding like a douche, I'll say it again: a lot of people describing Guns tracks sound as if they haven't heard a single piece of music outside of Guns.

A lot of the hate for this song (and it's obviously placeholder lyric) also comes from the majority who collectively shit on My World because they've clearly never heard industrial music before (nor have a sense of humour). God forbid they ever stumble across Skinny Puppy or something.

Edited by Azifwekare

Just now, Azifwekare said:

So where's the rap that everyone kept talking about before this leaked? At the risk of sounding like a douche, I'll say it again: a lot of people describing Guns tracks sound as if they haven't heard a single piece of music outside of Guns.

A lot of the hate for this song also comes from the majority who collectively shit on My World because they've clearly never heard industrial music before (nor have a sense of humour). God forbid they ever stumble across Skinny Puppy or something.

lol. never thought I'd hear a Skinny Puppy reference here. :D Migth as well say it as well... front 242

10 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

My thoughts exactly. Crank it up high and the music is fantastic- vocally he's on form too. Apart from the 'mac daddy' line, I can't really see why people hate it. 

• GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, Draguns said:

I'm not liking this song at all even though it's a demo. It's far too experimental for GNR and drifts way off from what I'm used to hear from my favorite band.

Yeah but what you're used to hearing is nothing! 

It would be awful if GNR made another album trying to sound as they did in the 80s/90s. Time (and they) have moved on. People's embracing of nostalgia is half the problem at the moment. 

Bad idea to ask me to mute one of my all time favorite soundtracks and replace it with this silly GNR demo. Makes the song sound even worse than it actually is.

I mean the song has potential for sure. But as it is, it's just not a good song. I don't even mind the whole Mac Daddy thing. Maybe they are placeholder lyrics or maybe they are background vocals, I don't know. Obviously it's not even close to a finished song. So I don't hate it. It's just so unfinished that it doesn't interest me much.

That interstellar soundtrack though... That's some of the best music ever created.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah but what you're used to hearing is nothing! 

It would be awful if GNR made another album trying to sound as they did in the 80s/90s. Time (and they) have moved on. People's embracing of nostalgia is half the problem at the moment. 

Why would it be awful?? They are known for their bluesy hard rock. Maybe do a little bit experimentation but not much. If Axl wants to experiment further then release a solo album at some point.

You NEVER want to drift too far from your strong point. Besides there are better music artist for this type of music if you are into it.