Eye On You - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

35 minutes ago, Mendez said:

I dont think its real. The sound of the drums dont match any of the leaks in the way it was mixed or the sound of the snare/bass drum.

Plus the tone actually sounds like shit. Like line 6 $80 amp shit

sounds shit as fuck don't it lol

The chorus is catchy but I think this is GnR’s least GnR-sounding song that we’ve heard, tbh. Yes, even more so than My World and Silkworms. Not sure why Axl thought people would accept his new band if he had presented a song like this to the world. Makes me think this song was always intended as just a fun little private experiment and nothing more, or the plan was to just use the the hip hop/ industrial beat as a foundation for inspiration, and then move the vocal line written on top of it over to a guitar melody. Axl says that he wrote the orchestral bridge of TIL that way, so it’s not too much of a stretch of the imagination, I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Jwalker19 said:

Fuck, this guy moves fast. Does he not sleep?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finck2006 said:

Dont know what to say...about the song.

But one thing for sure it didnt hit me like Atlas State or Perhaps

Same here.

20 minutes ago, Amir said:

I wonder if Brain wrote the drum loop? Also, this, If the World, and Silkworms all had their first versions mixed on the 7th of November 2000.

gnr-rough-mixes-cd-1.png

gnr-rough-mixes-cd-2.png

Truly a monumental day in GNR, nay, music history.

Oh shit this reminds me that we FINALLY have a song from “rough mixes cd #2” that has leaked!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Honestly I feel bad for listening to stuff like this that was never supposed to see the light of day. Kinda like if someone had stolen my sketchbook and was laughing at my unused ideas. It doesn't feel fair.

Look at it this way: Axl and the band played tunes that are mostly 30 year old and made half a billion in ticket sales and we get to listen to 20 year old unreleased demos. This batch of leaks didn't set the world on fire, we are a very small group of fans and the response is generally positive plus: if he'll just fuckin' release something officially, I'd buy it twice. In the mean time, they don't feel bad for me as a Gn'R fan, I don't feel bad for Axl. He gets to live like a king.

Also: as bad as you feel, you've still listened to it. It's not my ideal or first choice to steal but as far as Gn'R go, I'm starved. Almost no choice on the matter.

Edited by Rovim

Current chidem2 tracklist for me after this:

1.Hardschool 2.Atlas (Drums Up) 3.Perhaps 4.State of Grace 5.Silkworms 2000 6.The General (Evader’s) 7.Going Down (2002) 8.Eye On You 9.As It Began 10.Heaven’s Door (Acoustic)

this song isn’t good enough to be anywhere higher.

Edited by rocknroll41

2 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Honestly I feel bad for listening to stuff like this that was never supposed to see the light of day. Kinda like if someone had stolen my sketchbook and was laughing at my unused ideas. It doesn't feel fair.

I can see that, but I love this song. It's also cool to hear demos of songs to see the creative process, and you can get something different from them that you don't in final versions. I like the Stevie Nicks song Planets of the Universe with its eighties production and all, but there's a beautiful haunting demo version of it on the deluxe version of Rumours that came out a few years ago.

On another note, potential concert tees?:

511pGvPnztL._UX679_.jpg

A1rJWwibFeL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C81WllXmg7

the-mac-daddy-of-them-all-in-his-pimp-su

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Amir said:

I can see that, but I love this song. It's also cool to hear demos of songs to see the creative process, and you can get something different from them that you don't in final versions. I like the Stevie Nicks song Planets of the Universe with its eighties production and all, but there's a beautiful haunting demo version of it on the deluxe version of Rumours that came out a few years ago.

On another note, potential concert tees?:

511pGvPnztL._UX679_.jpg

A1rJWwibFeL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C81WllXmg7

the-mac-daddy-of-them-all-in-his-pimp-su

I think I'm missing something? Where'd the whole mac daddy thing come from?