Me & My Elvis / Soul Monster Instrumental - **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

4 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Intro organ synth is very similar to the album opening synth from the finished version of CD

And the main riffs share some of the 'Better' dna. Sounds like a coherent piece of music. Thing is: I ADORE some of the instrumentals on CD (Prostitute, TIL) but was kind of let down by the vocals /multi-trAXL.  I hope this gets a mean raspy vocal like the Better verses. 

8 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

It has the same runtime as listed on the discs, minus the silence, and it was leaked on Evo by "The King".

I like this instrumental the most of all CD stuff. Most progressive so far. The guitars are amazing. Only TWAT comes close. 
could be either Buckethead or Finck, although the general feel is buckethead, could be done by Finck as well. 

Damn this thing is gonna be a monster.

Edited by username05

From that Dave Dominguez interview from a while ago:

“He had a version of the Elvis Presley song that he did all himself- guitar and everything. It was a ballad. Yeah, it was an industrial, Nine Inch Nails style he did all himself.

So he took me into the Pro Tools room and was like, ‘Hey Dave, check this out.’ And played me a bunch of stuff.”

Note that he doesn't explicitly talk about an Elvis cover, so the reference could be to Me & My Elvis.

The instrumental we have is certainly not so industrial, but that piano part has definitely a NIN feel (reminds me of the piano bit in March Of The Pigs, as I said elsewhere).

Also, it's clear that the instrumental we have is NOT something where Axl played all by himself, but maybe this song developed from an all-Axl demo.

I know, I'm stretching it a little, but still...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

From that Dave Dominguez interview from a while ago:

Note that he doesn't explicitly talk about an Elvis cover, so the reference could be to Me & My Elvis.

The instrumental we have is certainly not so industrial, but that piano part has definitely a NIN feel (reminds me of the piano bit in March Of The Pigs, as I said elsewhere).

Also, it's clear that the instrumental we have is NOT something where Axl played all by himself, but maybe this song developed from an all-Axl demo.

I know, I'm stretching it a little, but still...

When I listened to that interview, it sounded like he was actually talking about a cover. One of the interviewers then mentioned a title (it wasn't very audible, but didn't sound like "Soulmonster" from what I remember) and Dominguez said "Yes, that's it."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

One of the interviewers then mentioned a title (it wasn't very audible, but didn't sound like "Soulmonster" from what I remember) and Dominguez said "Yes, that's it."

Then I have absolutely no clue. The only Elvis cover we know is Heartbreak Hotel from the early days and they were obviously not talking about that

3 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Then I have absolutely no clue. The only Elvis cover we know is Heartbreak Hotel from the early days and they were obviously not talking about that

Here is the thread with the interview where it was discussed and there were some suggestions about which song could it be:

I absolutely love this one, the melody is fantastic.  Hope Axl releases it with vocals.

6 hours ago, username05 said:

I know, I know its no effort try, and being literal...

but on the piano parts, if you sing "me and my elvis" it fits perfectly. 

that's what I've been doing too! :lol:

• 7 months later...

I love the Buckethead guitar parts, I really hope they make the eventual release.

It may be an instrument/effect, but towards the end of the song, like the last 30 seconds or so, I swear I can hear Axl yelling/screaming, though not high pitch, no rasp. Similar tone as Catcher in the Rye vocals. Just like an "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" or whatever. 

Anyone else notice this?