Me & My Elvis / Soul Monster Instrumental - **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

I think its only Robin for two reasons (although I'm not entirely sure). The lead guitar work sounds a lot more like him than Bucket, rhythm guitar could be both. But the fact, that the track includes the piano breaks makes me think, that it could be more of a "band-track" with Robin that has been worked on with the line up before Buckethead joined rather than the more Bucket-esque tracks. 

But like I said, pure loud thinking, could be exactly the other way around, although I would be pretty surprised if the lead guitar isn't Robin. 

• Like 1

I think it's Robin as it's dated March 2000 on the CD, and most of those tracks seem like the pre-Bucket stuff (e.g. Chinese Democracy), Bucket had only been in the band a few months at that point. It's mostly the tracks dated November 2000 that sound Bucket-y to me.

• Like 3

The wha-wha guitar is totally Robin. The lead also sounds like Robin. I don't even think Paul Tobias plays anything in this one. I can't hear anything resembling Buckethead's tone and style.

The drums also sounds a lot like Josh Freese to me. 

I absolute love the outro in this song, with the slight changes in that riff along with the piano, high notes on bass and syncopated drums. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Amir said:

I think it's Robin as it's dated March 2000 on the CD, and most of those tracks seem like the pre-Bucket stuff (e.g. Chinese Democracy), Bucket had only been in the band a few months at that point. It's mostly the tracks dated November 2000 that sound Bucket-y to me.

Which makes me wonder how much input Paul Tobias really had. We know that he has credits for songwriting, guitar and piano playing on the official release.  The unreleased stuff is much more interesting for me. 

• Like 1

Soul Monster and the rest of the instrumentals were cool to hear when they first leaked but I barely listen to any of them - really only when I read threads like these so I can refresh myself of the parts of the track

It is hard to give them much replay value without a fleshed out Axl vocal on it, so to me the "new leak" excitement wore off however I would be interested in what Axl could come up with over this particular track

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I'm really curious as to what Slash could do to rework this, it seems so outside his style. Maybe something like Promise from his solo album?

If he works on the song, he shouldn't change any of Robin's parts. That hasn't worked with Better and This I Love as well. His version of Robin's There Was A Time solo sounded decent for me. 

Edited by Sosso

6 hours ago, El Guapo said:

They should just write new music with the current members. CD was a failure and it won't get better with players who have zero connection to some ancient half written songs. Enough already.

CD was far from a commercial failure.

Most, if not all of the new album will be based on CD era tracks.

• Like 2