Atlas Shrugged / Chinese Democracy / Madagascar Discs **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I like the versions of The Blues and Rhiad with Brain on drums. The drums on both versions of Rhiad are awesome but Brain's are better, IMO.

But if you don't care about the drums this disc probably won't interest you too much. :shrugs:

Does brain do that little fill they do live now on the blues?  Is bucket on Rhiad?

18 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

The 'Brain drums' version of Rhiad on the newest disc is the best version of the song, IMO.

I agree. And it's pretty close to the Vegas 01 performance (which was always my favorite)

10 minutes ago, War2k14 said:

Does brain do that little fill they do live now on the blues?  Is bucket on Rhiad?

Yes, Bucket is playing his half of the solo in Riad. But nobody plays lead in the outro (as it was in the previous 2019 leak).

But no, Brain doesnt play the fill in The Blues.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, username05 said:

aahh ... esperé casi 20 años para escuchar ese solo de cabeza de cubo sin las voces ... solo guitarra pura ... hermosa. 

but if since the Chinese came out there is the instrumental version of the album, and with better quality

Edited by Argentino

2 hours ago, ronartest2004 said:

Does anyone with music production knowledge  know if it’s common to have this many versions of the same songs? 

Its normal, even this is a limited number of alt mixes and mix options for the band/Axl to choose and hear. I got even like 20 or 30 different versions for clients or for me to listen and make a better mix choice for takes.

You gotta understand ... this were internal discs for the band/Axl to check the work and hear in their homes or cars or home studios to work afterwards. Keep in mind this were done in 2001, there was no way to have so much files or versions to hear. Now you send all in dropbox to the client or in cloud. Also it's common for recording studios to send this after the client is done working in the studio. I don't know if GNR continued to work in The Village after 2001, maybe this were done as they ended their session worktime there. 

Also ... Axl is such a perfectionist since UYI so of course he would got to hear the difference between drums with ambience or drums up 1 freaking db or different band takes. No worries or a rare modus operandi. No such files or albums for anyband gets to the fans like this, even MJ fans or Prince fans do not have this type of studio insight. (No one outside engineers, producers and of course artists is ever gonna hear this, but this is GNR so fuck that)

Edited by Bucketdude_666