New Brain Drums Full CD LEAKED (CD, MADDY, BLUES, RHIAD) - **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Just now, Sweersa said:

If one of the old time hoarders wanted to, they could have or can cause similar excitement, especially with more of the Bucket era stuff out there that is not on these disks, among other things. Sadly, most of these folks I know of are either dead, or have no interest in anything GN'R anymore. 

There's Bucket era stuff out there?, and hoarded by people that are dead or not interested in GnR anymore?! WTF.

So. The question is.

Are "old Josh drums" the Josh Freese takes from 1998-1999 or are they the Brain copied what Josh played takes from 2000-2001?

New Brain drums sound nothing like the old Josh ones so it cannot be Brain playin note by note what Josh Played. 

My gues is that since the drum sound is very different "old Josh " takes are with actually Josh Freese. That means that we are missing 

Brain copying Josh takes.

Just now, ToonGuns said:

There's Bucket era stuff out there?, and hoarded by people that are dead or not interested in GnR anymore?! WTF.

Without a doubt. One was a mod over at the old and gone CD.com forum, the other the main man behind a now defunct Buckethead forum. Both were great men, but have or had no intention of sharing anything with the masses out of respect for the band, members they were close to, and of course their original source(s). If any way, the only way to get anything out of these types of people is to trade with something in the same realm of what they had, and wanted. Most wouldn't sell, for a number of reasons. The stuff that gets bought, historically, leaks. 

2 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

So. The question is.

Are "old Josh drums" the Josh Freese takes from 1998-1999 or are they the Brain copied what Josh played takes from 2000-2001?

New Brain drums sound nothing like the old Josh ones so it cannot be Brain playin note by note what Josh Played. 

My gues is that since the drum sound is very different "old Josh " takes are with actually Josh Freese. That means that we are missing 

I do not believe the intent was for Brain to copy Josh's drumming, they are simply Brain's take on the song. Axl wanted Brain's "feel" and that really can't be achieved by copying the work of someone else like so. Of course it was beneficial for Brain to hear Josh's drums to know what direction he wanted to take the drums for a particular track, or 32 in his case.

7 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Without a doubt. One was a mod over at the old and gone CD.com forum, the other the main man behind a now defunct Buckethead forum. Both were great men, but have or had no intention of sharing anything with the masses out of respect for the band, members they were close to, and of course their original source(s). If any way, the only way to get anything out of these types of people is to trade with something in the same realm of what they had, and wanted. Most wouldn't sell, for a number of reasons. The stuff that gets bought, historically, leaks. 

Well. My word.

I think if I had that I'd put something in my will to share it to the masses at such time!

3 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Ah, yes, the hoarders of legend —many now exctint, others disenchanted, disillusioned, lost, strewn along sundry lands, barely aware anymore of the treasure they possess: the famed noodlings of a bucket-wearing hero, and perchance other madly guarded skeletal songs.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I do not believe the intent was for Brain to copy Josh's drumming, they are simply Brain's take on the song. Axl wanted Brain's "feel" and that really can't be achieved by copying the work of someone else like so. Of course it was beneficial for Brain to hear Josh's drums to know what direction he wanted to take the drums for a particular track, or 32 in his case.

In interviews Brain has said that he was asked first to play exactly what Josh did and later when that was done to play what he wants.

Thats why on cd Riad Twat and Prostitute have drum arragement by Josh Freese in the credits cause they used those Brain playing what Josh played takes.

If we take Riad as an example Old Josh drums has the same fills as the 2008 record but with a different sound. 

New brain drums has some different fills.

What is interesting is that on Maddy original Brain, new Brain and Old Josh have all different drum fills

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

No, if I remember correctly at first Brain was instructed to replicate Josh's drumming EXACTLY. He had to transcribe the full thing, painstakingly. Then, after having re-recorded those parts as they were, he was told to re-record them again, and this time he did it more following his own style... He talks about it in an interview included in the whole Chinese Whispers extravaganza. Mad stuff.

• GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

In interviews Brain has said that he was asked first to play exactly what Josh did and later when that was done to play what he wants.

Thats why on cd Riad Twat and Prostitute have drum arragement by Josh Freese in the credits cause they used those Brain playing what Josh played takes.

If we take Riad as an example Old Josh drums has the same fills as the 2008 record but with a different sound. 

New brain drums has some different fills.

What is interesting is that on Maddy original Brain, new Brain and Old Josh have all different drum fills

That is very interesting. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

1000% this. 

I'm addition, I could be wrong but I think there's still the option for anyone to not listen if they don't want to lol. 

Over the past month, we've had the most new GNR music to listen to in about 11 years, yet some people are complaining about too many versions of CD tracks we already had. 

In all fairness those people probably want an actual finished product with lyrics and everything Not 15 versions of one song instrumentally 

The drums on the Atlas we got couple days ago from the rough mix full cd it has different drums from the older leak from a month ago.

New Brain drums match the old Atlas.

So im pretty sure Atlas from the Rough Mix disc has Josh Freese on drums.

The.mystery is that we still dont have a full version from the original snippet  with the extra guitar

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

The drums on the Atlas we got couple days ago from the rough mix full cd it has different drums from the older leak from a month ago.

New Brain drums match the old Atlas.

So im pretty sure Atlas from the Rough Mix disc has Josh Freese on drums.

The.mystery is that we still dont have a full version from the original snippet  with the extra guitar

Maybe that is the newer Slash version.

There is a great possibility that it could be another recording or mix done between 2002 and 2019... Think about it: if 20 discs of various tracks and mixes exists from 1999 to 2001, there have got to be even more in the subsequent years. Probably a lot of repeats, ala CD tracks with Brain and Bucket, but also with Ron and Frank and Richard. Cross those fingers!

4 minutes ago, kever20 said:

Maybe that is the newer Slash version.

There is a great possibility that it could be another recording or mix done between 2002 and 2019... Think about it: if 20 discs of various tracks and mixes exists from 1999 to 2001, there have got to be even more in the subsequent years. Probably a lot of repeats, ala CD tracks with Brain and Bucket, but also with Ron and Frank and Richard. Cross those fingers!

I never thought about it being outside those locker cds.

I like your thinking.

That said the tone of that extra guitar has more like a Brian May wibe than a Slash wibe.

At that quality it could be anything

1 hour ago, rebeldhipi said:

So. The question is.

in some interview brain described the process as different - first time for him. 

usually he's the first one to take takes... and lay down the base for other instruments.

but here they played the recorded music for him, and he had to drum on top of it.  

Edited by username05

3 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Cant believe Axl was in the studio for a decade deciding either if he liked the drums 1.5 db up or 1.5 down.

It was probably more for the mixing engineers to have CD's of these different variations to listen to in their cars, home stereos, many different acoustic spaces, etc. to hear which mix of the drums makes the overall recording come across better

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Cant believe Axl was in the studio for a decade deciding either if he liked the drums 1.5 db up or 1.5 down.

We've only heard a few variations.  Imagine the hundreds of different versions out there lol.

1 hour ago, Tyronehell said:

https://youtu.be/WkGsRv1JB1o

Brain talking about recording for Chinese Democracy. He says he recorded 30 plus songs that Josh Freeze had already recorded.

I started to see a link to something and got way too exited lol.