Hard School on GNR's setlist!

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Is the person who apparently heard this soundchecked reliable? I've seen a few people saying Easy and Jungle were soundchecked, without vocals, which definitely seems more believable.....

It's worth remembering too that Oh My God was an 'alt' song on the setlist for most of the NITL tour. I'm (fairly) sure that was never going to get played. 

Appart from the person who post in the thread of the show, there were other sources. GNRsudamerica  reported the soundcheck and they had a source there. In the same thread Gibbo reported the same, so 3 people said the same thing

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I would definitely do some covers, as a singer I have the range and drive to learn these songs, but it’s illegal to release them. I’ve even asked a few music business majors at my school if there’s anyway it could work and they told me it was extremely unwise.

makes sense. It would be on skechy legal grounds for sure. The real question would be if GNR would actually do anything about it. I noticed an artist named Aien released an album called "10 Years of Democracy" earlier this year and it features cover/remade versions of a lot of leaked and unreleased CD era songs.

Silkworms: 

Blood In The Water: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJJ3_01MFjs

The General: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTpKU-sBAy0

These covers are avalible on Spotify, Apple Music and other major streaming platforms. So it might be questionable in a legal sense - but would GNR actually do anything to stop you? probably not. 

4 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Appart from the person who post in the thread of the show, there were other sources. GNRsudamerica  reported the soundcheck and they had a source there. In the same thread Gibbo reported the same, so 3 people said the same thing

Sounds like it definitely happen then. Based on that alone, I'd say we'll hear it at some point later on in the tour then....

17 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Haha! Love that Slash grinned because, let's be real, if he didn't like it and didn't wanna play it he'd 100% ignore. That's Toooo Sweet. 

I've imagined printing out a giant "setlist" on card and somehow slipping it on the stage via security or something saying Twat, Prostitute, Atlas, General, Jackie Chan lol. That would have pissed Axl right off aha. Or a sign saying "OMG, Axl! I need some Twat! Catch us a Prostitute!"

If i'd been there and known what the alts were I swear i'd have been screaming myself horse for HS/Loco/Twat/Catcher all night until Paradise started. Then i'd have kicked* RIGHT off. 

That's British for for throwing a proper tantrum if I didn't get my way.

I've grown to really hate PC for what it represents in their setlists. :lol:

Just now, Tom2112 said:

Can we get 4 people front row, make some T-shirts 1. Play 2. Loco 3. Mo 4. Tive

Maybe this could be the new way to communicate with the band, as every other channel is obviously unavailable :D 

I wouldn't wanna be the one wearing t-shirt number 3 in the mens toilets!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Can we get 4 people front row, make some T-shirts 1. Play 2. Loco 3. Mo 4. Tive

Maybe this could be the new way to communicate with the band, as every other channel is obviously unavailable :D 

Sign with Hard School lyrics from chorus would be epic.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, alf@melmac said:

Hardschool was the first leak after someone bought some CDs from the locker - hardschool is the first "new" song on the setlist. Coincidence? Im sure its not!

Someone wants to comunicate with us!

This is what I don't get.

If Hard School gets a proper single release reworked by the current band or ends up included on the T3 soundtrack, there's no way these leaks didn't come from the band themselves. Too much of a coincidence.

Edited by Towelie

Just now, Towelie said:

This is what I don't get.

If Hard School gets a proper single release reworked by the current band or ends up included on the T3 soundtrack, there's no way these leaks didn't come from the band themselves.

Hard School is my favorite GNR song. If they will play it live and Axl won’t suck and if they will release it with proper mastering and Slash tone I will be in heaven.

• Like 1

Just me...but I still don't feel Hard School at all. I really hope Slash/Duff completely re-worked it. After hearing some of the other leaks, seems like something better than this song could come from the instrumentals.....and I like State of Grace best so far, of the leaks that have lyrics. 

16 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I've grown to really hate PC for what it represents in their setlists. :lol:

Totally. I have not stayed for Paradise since Leeds 2002 when I was on the barrier and camping anyway. Otherwise its perfect for getting out the car park before the other cunts. Bit like Sweet Child is perfect for a piss aha. 

2 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Someone needs to sabotage the autocue and replace the lyrics to SCOM, YCBM and Brownstone with Hard School, Atlas Shrugged and Perhaps.

That could legit be the first "get my fucking helicopter" since Dublin '10 XD 

• Haha 2

I know there's nostalgia with the upcoming Terminator release, having both Edward Furlong and Linda Hamilton back in this movie to reprise their roles from T2 as Sarah and John Connor, and many thinking GnR might release Hard School as a new single for the film as a throwback to YCBM being in T2.....but....Terminator Salvation already did a great job with a scene giving GnR some props from T2....If you haven't seen the film, Christian Bale portrayed John Connor in this film, and in this scene, he still has a boombox similar from T2, which he uses to blast YCBM in order to draw in one of the MotoTerminators. It's a shame that the production company that made this film went bankrupt, because this movie was the first movie in a planned new Trilogy that Bale would star as John Connor in all 3.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sofine11 said:

I thought this deserved it's own separate conversation from the show thread, seeing how the implications of Hard School appearing as an "alt" on Saturday's setlist really cannot be overstated.

Not only does it tease what would be the first "original" new song performed by  Axl and Slash together since 1991, it also makes it a safe bet that this is what Slash has been working on in Axl's home studio on and off since the spring, possibly among others.

And, however unlikely, it would be awfully cool if this was the rumored track for the new Terminator flick. (Save your tomatoes) ; )

Sorry if I'm being a Negative Nancy with sand in her vagina here, but this wouldn't be the first song to end up as "Alt." on a GnR setlist only to never ever be played. 

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I would definitely do some covers, as a singer I have the range and drive to learn these songs, but it’s illegal to release them. I’ve even asked a few music business majors at my school if there’s anyway it could work and they told me it was extremely unwise.

If legal trouble came your way could you try arguing ignorance?