Hard School on GNR's setlist!

4 hours ago, thunderram said:

A song that's only available via crappy leaked versions and was performed by AXL during a time when his voice was not the same as it once was is your favorite GN'R song? WTF?

Some people strive waaaay to hard to be different. New Era GN'R millennials baffle me....

Get the fuck out, Axl sounds great on Hard School, if it's his favourite GN'R song, so what? It's a cool track, great vocal melodies, shave your mullet, you snob. "New Era GN'R millennials", What's next, you gonna call me a noob? :lol:

• Haha 1

The thing is, if they do play it live, Axl will have to introduce it, right? 
And when he does, will he go something like "this is a new song that is not exactly new though, as some of you downloading sons of bitches already know"? 
But one way or the other, the media will have to go "a new song introduced at the gig", and then they won’t be able to not mention the rest of the leaks, one would imagine... so the attention will eventually be drawn to it anyway. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The thing is, if they do play it live, Axl will have to introduce it, right? 
And when he does, will he go something like "this is a new song that is not exactly new though, as some of you downloading sons of bitches already know"? 
But one way or the other, the media will have to go "a new song introduced at the gig", and then they won’t be able to not mention the rest of the leaks, one would imagine... so the attention will eventually be drawn to it anyway. 

That’s what I really don’t understand about this whole thing. If Axl and team weren’t happy about the leaks why would they embrace it by adding it to the set? Doesn’t make a lick of sense to me. I’d love to hear it live more than any other song at the moment but again, what is it really doing there?

23 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

That’s what I really don’t understand about this whole thing. If Axl and team weren’t happy about the leaks why would they embrace it by adding it to the set? Doesn’t make a lick of sense to me. I’d love to hear it live more than any other song at the moment but again, what is it really doing there?

Well if they were planning on adding a new song to the setlist anyway, why not add a song that's already out there and was well received by the fanbase.

42 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Well if they were planning on adding a new song to the setlist anyway, why not add a song that's already out there and was well received by the fanbase.

Which would inevitably draw attention to the leaks, see my post above. 

17 minutes ago, Ratbrain said:

set-list-guns-tl.jpg

This is like 2014, what of it? 

4 minutes ago, Ratbrain said:

They never played Going Down or Oh My God even though they were on the setlist. Not sure of the date that Going Down leaked or when it was put on the set list.

Oh that, sure. It definitely could be the case of Perfect Crime - put on the playlist, never to be played live. In fact, I can't see Axl doing Locomotive these days. Coma, in comparison, is easy. 

Edited by jamillos

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

No way. Coma is a far harder song to sing than Locomotive.

Apart from the ending, which you still can split up to chunks so that you can breathe - which Axl has been doing - Locomotive has way less space for breathing in in many parts. It's not about rasp here but solely the breating aspect. Just one step away from Don't Damn Me. 

3 hours ago, Ratbrain said:

They never played Going Down or Oh My God even though they were on the setlist. Not sure of the date that Going Down leaked or when it was put on the set list.

I don't get the logic behind this. So because they didnt play those "new" songs when they were in their lowest point, the same will apply now, even though the band is in a suscessful trend and both Slash and Duff (major members, dont compare them to Pitman or even Bumble) already confirmed that there's been new recordings?

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Which would inevitably draw attention to the leaks, see my post above. 

Yeah yeah, I get your point. But if they were planning on playing a new song anyway, what should they do? Not play anything because songs happened to leak? That would suck. Play something that hasn't leaked? Then there would be even less unheard material on the next record. Besides, even if they played some new tune that hasn't leaked, the media would probably mention the leaks anyway.

Not playing anything new would probably be the only way to avoid too much buzz around the leaks. But maybe the whole reason why they even decided to tour now is cause they thought it was the right time to play a new song and maybe even reveal the album name or something. Should they just forget the whole plan cause of the leaks? That wouldn't make much sense either.  

Edited by Lies They Tell

2 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Yeah yeah, I get your point. But if they were planning on playing a new song anyway, what should they do? Not play anything because songs happened to leak? That would suck. Play something that hasn't leaked? Then there would be even less unheard material on the next record. Besides, even if they played some new tune that hasn't leaked, the media would probably mention the leaks anyway.

Not playing anything new would probably be the only way to avoid too much buzz around the leaks. But maybe the whole reason why they even decided to tour now is cause they thought it was the right time to play a new song and maybe even reveal the album name or something. Should they just forget the whole plan cause of the leaks? That wouldn't make much sense either.  

Well if they plan on playing just one new tune, it could easily be something completely new from A/S/D or something off CD that we're not aware of. I'm not saying I'm not glad HS could theoretically be played now, but the background definitely is unclear... 

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Well if they plan on playing just one new tune, it could easily be something completely new from A/S/D or something off CD that we're not aware of. I'm not saying I'm not glad HS could theoretically be played now, but the background definitely is unclear... 

Well like I said, if they played something new from A/S/D or something off CD2 that we're not aware of, then there would be even less unheard material for the next album. I mean let's say that they were thinking of putting Hard School, Atlas Shrugged and Pehaps on the next album. That's already three songs that the fanbase has already heard. In fact it's actually more likely that they were planning on putting even more of the leaked songs on the album. Songs like Soulmonster and Zodiac could very well be meant for the next album. In fact we might have already heard like half of the songs that were meant for the next album. Why would they on top of that give away one more of the unheard songs, so there would be even less unheard material on the album.

If they're gonna play a new song, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to play one of the songs that fans have already heard, so not everything will be spoiled. Besides, even if they played an unheard new song, the media would probably still mention the leaks, so it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

All I'm saying is that it's really not that strange that they're considering playing Hard School. It makes a lot more sense than playing something that hasn't leaked. But who knows if they're even gonna play it. :shrugs:

On 9/23/2019 at 5:39 PM, sl4yer said:

HARDSCHOOL FROM SOUNDCHECK LEAKED

WITH VOCALS

Oh man that is hilariously bad...

And them posting a video of Steven at his worst is really lame. I commented on it and they deleted the comment. And the singer is just... ugh. He obviously thinks he's Axl. Maybe in his dreams.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

Well like I said, if they played something new from A/S/D or something off CD2 that we're not aware of, then there would be even less unheard material for the next album. I mean let's say that they were thinking of putting Hard School, Atlas Shrugged and Pehaps on the next album. That's already three songs that the fanbase has already heard. In fact it's actually more likely that they were planning on putting even more of the leaked songs on the album. Songs like Soulmonster and Zodiac could very well be meant for the next album. In fact we might have already heard like half of the songs that were meant for the next album. Why would they on top of that give away one more of the unheard songs, so there would be even less unheard material on the album.

If they're gonna play a new song, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to play one of the songs that fans have already heard, so not everything will be spoiled. Besides, even if they played an unheard new song, the media would probably still mention the leaks, so it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway.

All I'm saying is that it's really not that strange that they're considering playing Hard School. It makes a lot more sense than playing something that hasn't leaked. But who knows if they're even gonna play it. :shrugs:

Makes sense, actually. Well then they've made their move pretty quickly, haven't they? :)

Edited by jamillos

On 9/23/2019 at 7:11 PM, Duwz said:

and some people just have a hard time accepting someone else's valid opinion

And some people have no clue what they are talking about.

I accept that it's his opinion. I'm clearly mocking the reasons it became his opinion.

But go on misinterpreting and believing what you will. I bet you're convinced the sky is red where you live.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:44 PM, MooseMan said:

Get the fuck out, Axl sounds great on Hard School, if it's his favourite GN'R song, so what? It's a cool track, great vocal melodies, shave your mullet, you snob. "New Era GN'R millennials", What's next, you gonna call me a noob? :lol:

Piss off millennial. Go listen to Maroon 5.

Tired of reading crap from kids that don't really even like GN'R but rather a solo version of it while touting unfinished crappy demos from that era as better than the HOF work the 'real' band created.

The ignore function is looking mighty appealing right about now.

Edited by thunderram
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, thunderram said:

And some people have no clue what they are talking about.

I accept that it's his opinion. I'm clearly mocking the reasons it became his opinion.

But go on misinterpreting and believing what you will. I bet you're convinced the sky is red where you live.

damn dude who hurt you 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, thunderram said:

Piss off millennial. Go listen to Maroon 5.

Tired of reading crap from kids that don't really even like GN'R but rather a solo version of it while touting unfinished crappy demos from that era as better than the HOF work the 'real' band created.

The ignore function is looking mighty appealing right about now.

I'm 38, hardly a "kid". Not a millennial either. 

Oh, no! Please don't put me on ignore! Babby booby boo boo!

Look, "kid", if you can't handle other peoples opinions, a public forum probably isn't for you. Ya big donkey! Now jog on! Before things get tasty! :lol::lol: