Hard School on GNR's setlist!

On 9/24/2019 at 12:07 PM, Lies They Tell said:

m. Why would they on top of that give away one more of the unheard songs, so there would be even less unheard material on the album.

If they're gonna play a new song, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to play one of the songs that fans have already heard, so not everything

Reality check.  99% of fans, those who have bought millions of albums and buy NITL tix to hear the big hits, are not checking every day for new leaks and trying to hunt them down.  

11 minutes ago, ericy210 said:

Reality check.  99% of fans, those who have bought millions of albums and buy NITL tix to hear the big hits, are not checking every day for new leaks and trying to hunt them down.  

Are you done splitting hairs? 

Nothing about what you said changes anything about my point. It's still makes a hell of a lot more sense to play one of the many leaked songs that a portion of fans have already heard than give away yet another one of the unheard songs.

1 hour ago, ericy210 said:

Yeah, man. When I go to a GNR show, I want to hear the band’s classics like “Wichita Lineman”, “Black Hole Sun”, and “The Seeker.”

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, ElectricTear said:

Going bit off-topic but am I the only one who likes Wichita? For me it's one the best songs in the setlist. Don't know why, I just love it.

I have yet to hear it in person, but I definitely don't like it via YouTube. I'm certain I'd be fine with it if/when I saw them again and it was still in the setlist. 

My theory (for what it's worth) 

Prior to anything from the village cds leaking.. The gnr camp told whomever had it.. That they would add Hardschool to the set list so the fans could hear it from the band first.. Which may be why it's on the alt list.. 

But then the hoover dam broke open.. And the songs started to leak.. 

So if that theory is true.. We ain't gonna hear it live.. 

Theory based on never seeing hardschool on any set list prior to the village cds were known about.. All of a sudden a song previously unheard before makes a guns n roses nitl set list.. (which for the past 4 years now have been 90% the same..) 

On 9/27/2019 at 2:14 AM, thunderram said:

Piss off millennial. Go listen to Maroon 5.

Tired of reading crap from kids that don't really even like GN'R but rather a solo version of it while touting unfinished crappy demos from that era as better than the HOF work the 'real' band created.

The ignore function is looking mighty appealing right about now.

This "millenial" over here loves CD and all the old stuff.... Civil War and Sweet Child are the reason in picked up the guitar. just cause someone else likes the CD songs better doesnt make them any less of a fan. get off your high horse

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 3:44 PM, ElectricTear said:

Going bit off-topic but am I the only one who likes Wichita? For me it's one the best songs in the setlist. Don't know why, I just love it.

It definitely was not a crowd favorite at the MSG show that I attended. I think they need to drop this one. 

On 2019-09-30 at 12:44 PM, ElectricTear said:

It's the best song/performance in their current set IMO.

But we're in the minority... I've seen them play it twice, and most people at the shows either don't know it, or just don't like it. Black Hole Sun gets a way better crowd response... :no:

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Black Hole Sun, as much as people hate it on the forum, got a huge response live at the show I was at. 

It's a popular song, and Chris Cornell was a beloved artist(and client of mine here in NYC) gone way, way too soon. Those who knew him, knew what a great guy he was. That being said, it's just really not a terrific version of the song imo. Yes, I dug it at first as a tribute, but I personally feel they've kept the tribute songs(Wichita and BHS) going a bit too long. 

• Like 1