Rough Mixes CD #1 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Wow. Just wow. This should've been it back in 2000/2001. Fucking awesome. It could've been HUGE. And based on what we've heard from Rough Mixes 2-4 a followup would've been done within a year. 

Fuck, can you imagine releasing a triple-album with this stuff? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

If this came out in 2000 or 2001 it would have been number one. It's so unique, so different and yet melodic with brilliant lyrics. What a shame. Well done Axl, if someone stopped you releasing this they are a big fool. 

Totally agree. It`s fully Axl`s album, it`s not GNR. So CDII could have other left tracks from 2008 release and OMG.

Haven’t had the chance to listen to it all yet, but listened to Atlas. That version is cool though I prefer the versions on the Atlas disc. The harmonics at the start is beautiful 

Edited by Dean
Harmonics not harmonica, fucking auto correct

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

Haven’t had the chance to listen to it all yet, but listened to Atlas. That version is cool though I prefer the versions on the Atlas disc. The harmonics at the start is beautiful 

Confused me with the harmonica there for a sec, thought you must have a version I didn't lol

Wow I was wrong about these discs - someones done some funky stuff to those previously released leaks, they're like mono'd or something. These sound like they need mastered and thats about it!

Just so we're all clear (I'm sure someone answered this before) - this is actually the second attempt at the album. Sean Beavan / Youth did the original version of the album with Josh Freese (which also has leaked out there and sounds very raw, very different). This is the result of the Roy Thomas Baker sessions where they effectivly re-recorded the whole album I believe. But this is close to the album that they were looking at releasing in 2001 with that tour that got binned.

However is there no Bucket on this disc at all?

Edited by life_247

7 minutes ago, life_247 said:

Wow I was wrong about these discs - someones done some funky stuff to those previously released leaks, they're like mono'd or something. These sound like they need mastered and thats about it!

Just so we're all clear (I'm sure someone answered this before) - this is actually the second attempt at the album. Sean Beavan / Youth did the original version of the album with Josh Freese (which also has leaked out there and sounds very raw, very different). This is the result of the Roy Thomas Baker sessions where they effectivly re-recorded the whole album I believe. But this is close to the album that they were looking at releasing in 2001 with that tour that got binned.

However is there no Bucket on this disc at all?

Well Madagascar for sure, those cds Bucket recently joined the band

Edited by Finck2006
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ryanf23 said:

Can someone confirm the major players on this album?

was Richard involved?

was bucket?

Josh or Brain?

paul and robin lead guitars?

was Pittman involved?

who was the producer?

It's 2000, so that shoud mean no Richard, no Brain and no Bucket. 

I think it's Axl, Robin, Paul, Tommy, Josh, Dizzy and Pitman. 

Edit: Production should be Sean Beavan. No Roy Thomas Baker yet. 

Edited by username
  • Like 4