Rough Mixes CD #1 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

I listened to the disk again this morning. It’s like it gets better with every listen. Axl was right all along. He had magic here. I understand why he’d be pissed that all of this material is leaking, but if somehow, whether it’s him, or someone in his camp, he knows that his work is validated. 

47 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Oh yeah good point! I forgot about that!

Hardschool has to be at least, since it isn’t listed anywhere else.

The 10 second “checkmate” clip as it was called then of the first line or 2 of vocals was floating around for years so it’s possible someone has a different version separate to these discs

Unpopular opinion here, but the only song which is an improvement to what ended up on the 2008 album is the title track, which sounds much meaner and more punkish. TWAT, Prostitute and Catcher especially all sound much better on the actual album.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Unpopular opinion here, but the only song which is an improvement to what ended up on the 2008 album is the title track, which sounds much meaner and more punkish. TWAT, Prostitute and Catcher especially all sound much better on the actual album.

I can understand twat and prostitute. I even agree on twat. But man this catcher is infinitely better. And so is The Blues imo.

• Like 1