Live Like a Suicide

Rough Mixes CD #1 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

3 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

What's on the other discs?

I'm not interested in different drums levels. Only higher quality of already unreleased leaked songs or new stuff. Not interested in instrumentals

Just nothing (have been said just one line all the time) and quicksong with guide vocals.

So not much if youre not interested in instrumentals.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Not interested in instrumentals

You’re missing out.

if you’re talking about the stuff that hasn’t leaked yet, supposedly only two songs with vocals remain: Nothing and Quicksong.

does anyone know for sure if it’s Brain on all ten tracks from Rough Mixes 1?

• Like 1

Just now, appetite4illusions said:

Where the hell is If the World in these demos?

It was written back in '98 by Axl and Pittman, if memory serves me right. It should be somewhere in here.

It’s on Rough Mixes CD #2

11 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

and the award for the most stupid producer goes to:

bob-ezrin-celebrates-his-2016-juno-award

Actual footage of Bob Ezrin listening to Silkworms with a colleague and then facing Axl Rose:

Edited by El Nono Pololo

Why did axl not play any of these in those years off repetitive touring. Multiple Vegas residencies and he never thought about breaking out one of these songs. Why? 

Seems such a waste

Edited by Axl_morris

Great stuff! That album would have been great in 2000/2001.

Still dont get Atlas though. I somehow expected an epic track i dont know why, and this is...ok. I do love Perhaps.

People would have been blown away 18 years ago. With a proper tour and a lot of these tracks added to the setlist it could have been huge. Of course there was no Slash, but there was material for sure.

Just now, WillBailey said:

Still dont get Atlas though. I somehow expected an epic track i dont know why, and this is...ok. I do love Perhaps.

People would have been blown away 18 years ago. With a proper tour and a lot of these tracks added to the setlist it could have been huge. Of course there was no Slash, but there was material for sure.

I go in to all of these tracks with a grain of salt. You have to remember most of the people who said these tracks were "epic" and "big guns" are all bootlickers. So yeah, they aren't going to say "well the stuff I heard was decent, definitely not on AFD or UYI levels, but they are serviceable tracks"  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, El Nono Pololo said:

Actual footage of Bob Ezrin listening to Silkworms with a colleague and then facing Axl Rose:

I’ve always thought that Ezrin was brought in by UMG/Iovine to send that message. (The fact that Axl might listen to him since he respects him)

1. So that Ezrin could be brought in for some work/writing credits

2. To convince Axl that something was missing from the songs (Slash) and get a reunion album out of it  

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

I think this just illustrates how impressive and unsung Sean Beaven was in his time there.

He took the thing, basically, the whole distance.

Bravo Sean, it must have been dismal to see the thing go on for years and years when he knew he had it right the first time.

"Most of the songs start and end with Sean" - Tommy, 2017

5 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

Atlas is a poorly crafted song. It has too many words in it - it seems like Axl just never stops singing to let the music be.

You can tell and it's awkward because as the chords change from the verse to the pre-chorus, Axl just keeps on singing and it seems like he gets lost in the song from time to time or the song loses him.

3 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Where's the rerecorded appetite that was supposed to be apart of the set

People were misinformed when told that AFD99 was part of this. Turns out it’s just a disc from 2001 with WTTJ, electric KOHD (two takes), and acoustic KOHD. Axl only sings on the last one. That’s it.

7 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

I think this just illustrates how impressive and unsung Sean Beaven was in his time there.

He took the thing, basically, the whole distance.

Bravo Sean, it must have been dismal to see the thing go on for years and years when he knew he had it right the first time.

"Most of the songs start and end with Sean" - Tommy, 2017

Sean did most of the heavy lifting, for sure.

• Like 1

I really can't believe how powerful and better this sounds compared to the released version. Years wasted tinkering that only made it worse.

Wow what version of the album it is, after a few listens... Those drums on Catcher are so great, you have to hear that on a good sound setup with good bass. Love that version.

I agree with you guys on Atlas, and on the insiders calling out the "big guns" haha.

This is the album we wanted, and why fans like me stuck around so long. Like others have said, it sounds like a real band, going for it, proving something big.

No telling how it would do in 2001-2 if it came out then. IMO, songs like Perhaps and TWAT could've been hits. The band did have a lot of momentum, attention and curiosity, until the botched '02 tour. Would love to hear what guys like Finck and Stinson, who put in so much damn time, think about our positive reception of this.

Never care to post anymore, but gotta say this:

Chinese Democracy (the song) totally rocks here. The released version is SHIT SHIT SHIT. Never liked it. Now I can finally hear the real song.

This is beyond baffling. How is it possible to fuck it up like this....??????

10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

People were misinformed when told that AFD99 was part of this. Turns out it’s just a disc from 2001 with WTTJ, electric KOHD (two takes), and acoustic KOHD. Axl only sings on the last one. That’s it.

Sean did most of the heavy lifting, for sure.

I need electric KOHD with Bucket solo

18 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

Atlas is a poorly crafted song. It has too many words in it - it seems like Axl just never stops singing to let the music be.

You can tell and it's awkward because as the chords change from the verse to the pre-chorus, Axl just keeps on singing and it seems like he gets lost in the song from time to time or the song loses him.

Atlas does nothing for me as well. 

and you guys even like the pitman stuff? 

like the beautiful drum machine in prostitute and the techno shit in silkworms?

and i definately like this one unfinished spot in atlas where the band dont seem to know how to fix it...

like come on...this rough mix is still far away from being really good. i can hear a lot of audio cgi that should never be in rock songs...

1 minute ago, Creed said:

and you guys even like the pitman stuff? 

like the beautiful drum machine in prostitute and the techno shit in silkworms?

and i definately like this one unfinished spot in atlas where the band dont seem to know how to fix it...

like come on...this rough mix is still far away from being really good. i can hear a lot of audio cgi that should never be in rock songs...

For sure, the album needs some refinement. But the overall sound of it is spot on IMO. The songs sound alive and full of energy.

Some of my excitement may be coming from being disappointed in how flat some of the songs sound on the '08 record, knowing at the core they should sound amazing.