Live Like a Suicide

Rough Mixes CD #1 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Not perfect of course, i mean these were only rough mixes, but i wish they would have mastered and released this in 2000/2001.

Pitman stuff: its a bit too much for me, but could have been toned down during mastering. As for Atlas, not my cup of tea but blends in well i think with these rough mixes.

1 minute ago, DizzyReed63 said:

For sure, the album needs some refinement. But the overall sound of it is spot on IMO. The songs sound alive and full of energy.

Some of my excitement may be coming from being disappointed in how flat some of the songs sound on the '08 record, knowing at the core they should sound amazing.

the core is better, yes. but the only 'real' rock song is Riad. Just the guys rockin the shit out of this track with as less of pitman as possible. wild rock n' roll.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Creed said:

and you guys even like the pitman stuff? 

like the beautiful drum machine in prostitute and the techno shit in silkworms?

and i definately like this one unfinished spot in atlas where the band dont seem to know how to fix it...

like come on...this rough mix is still far away from being really good. i can hear a lot of audio cgi that should never be in rock songs...

It's called 'rough mixes' for a reason, and even then, most of this songs are pretty much complete. They sound great, and obviously with more mixing and mastering, could have made an amazing album in the early 2000's. There was no need to waste 8 years.

• GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, Creed said:

and you guys even like the pitman stuff? 

like the beautiful drum machine in prostitute and the techno shit in silkworms?

and i definately like this one unfinished spot in atlas where the band dont seem to know how to fix it...

like come on...this rough mix is still far away from being really good. i can hear a lot of audio cgi that should never be in rock songs...

It is great yes ... everybody has different taste ... I dont understand one thing why you comment this leaks when it is clear you dont like CD era ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

His solo on TWAT is the best moment of the album and one of the best moments in history of GNR. Anybody who’s saying that album didn’t need him... God it’s like saying that Estranged or November Rain didn’t need Slash

This. Exactly this!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

I really love this version of the title track. 

Is it josh on drums or Brain? I’m still trying to figure that out.

30 minutes ago, BadApples99 said:

Rough mixes J587 201 leaked?? When? Must've missed that one

A few days ago.

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

Does discs 2,3 &4 have lyrics?

The only songs we know for sure have lyrics are Hardschool (cause it says Nu Ax next to it), and Nothing (cause of the clip that leaked).

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

The only songs we know for sure have lyrics are Hardschool (cause it says Nu Ax next to it), and Nothing (cause of the clip that leaked).

And Quicksong, but that might be gibberish.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

And Quicksong, but that might be gibberish.

Yeah but the guy was specifically asking about Rough Mixes CD’s 2-4. We don’t know if THAT version of Quicksong has vocals or not.

SW could be so much better.... remove the 1-minute intro, put "bitch like you" back in, get rid of that ambient middle section. Rest of the album is stellar.

Cant believe how great this version of Atlas (and Perhaps) sounds! Cant wait to hear a Slashed up version!

Edited by Coma16

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

The whole Jungle/Knocking disc leaked a few days ago.

Unfortunatelly no vocals or Buckethead on the leaked electric KOHD

16 minutes ago, kok said:

Unfortunatelly no vocals or Buckethead on the leaked electric KOHD

Yeah it’s a bummer :( guess Bucket wasn’t in the studio that day or something.

Since Oh My God is not on these rough mix cds, I threw it in between The Blues and Silkworms. Transitions nicely 

Makes you wonder if there’s anything else from that time period that got shelved that was more or less completed