Rough Mixes CD #1 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

AXL IF YOU SEE THIS, YOU, YOU FAT MOTHERFUCKER, YOU WERE FUCKING RIGHT, THIS SHIT IS JUST A M A Z I N G.

THAT STUPID MOTHERFUCKING PRODUCER SHOULD GET HIS BALLS CUT OFF AND HAVE ACID THROWN THERE.

I really fucking mean it man, if you ever see this Axl, I want to say a very big, almost as big as you xD, THANK YOU for this

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

So for the audio nerds- this massive change in quality is about bitrate? I don’t understand how these songs suddenly sound so much better....

I haven't heard these-- Not too keen on downloading but what's the difference in this versus what's been getting leaked a single song at a time?

Is it just the studio mix of the tracks that is better? Are they full 44.1khz CD quality files or still low quality mp3s?

Did this get leaked as a like a full zip of an album or singles of newer versions? 

Some of these versions are incredible and better than album versions. I always loved Brian May  Catcher Demi years ago and didn’t love final album version, Madagascar didn’t love on final album either and loved live. These versions are amazing. Loved perhaps and atlas on this version as well. Listening to other songs now. But so far loving it !

All the songs on this version sound way better. There's breathing room and the right elements are more pronounced.

Thanks to the mix, the transitions in Atlas are smoothed out compared to the previous mixes, making it much more coherent.

Best versions of Rhiad, Catcher for sure.

Adding Bumblefoot and more layers were a big mistake. This mix is great

Edited by yoshimura

Axl once said in the That Metal Show interview that he thought Chinese Democracy still had more to give. This proved true when Slash and Duff started playing CD material and more fans came to appreciate it, but i bet Axl wasn't expecting leaks of rough mixes to have a similar affect on people's appreciation for his early CD work.

4 minutes ago, doakes said:

I haven't heard these-- Not too keen on downloading but what's the difference in this versus what's been getting leaked a single song at a time?

Is it just the studio mix of the tracks that is better? Are they full 44.1khz CD quality files or still low quality mp3s?

Did this get leaked as a like a full zip of an album or singles of newer versions? 

Full zip

6 minutes ago, doakes said:

320 kbps, so not bad quality. The mixes are great in comparison and don't feature the weird audio watermarks the hoarders had on previous single releases of perhaps and atlas with weird beat skips and stereo jiggering. The mixes, for being rough, sound great. Definitely not yet mastered, so it is a notch below the actual sound of Chinese Democracy but still incredible and worth having.

Wow. Impressed by Atlas and Perhaps also my favorite version of the blues and catcher.  I really wish slash and Duff take a turn with Atlas.  It still sounds like there is an awkward transition during the song.  I love the beginning though.  Sounds exactly how and evolving GNR should have sounded back in 2000.  Songs like Better would have been a perfect on a  follow up album to even further progress their sound.  Nothing will ever beat AFD in my opinion... but this would have been a great album back in early 2000s 

Damn, this makes me sad. I keep thinking of the alternate universe where this came out, and a finished version of CDII and CDIII and CDIV would follow every 2-3 years. Axl could’ve made GN’R thrive without Slash and Duff, very easily. This would have been huge. I love CD 2008, but by the time it released few people cared and moved on. This has to be one of the biggest shames and waste of potential and pure talent in music history. Fuck me, man.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 4

The quality is awesome.

Such fucking good material, it's really a shame. I mean Axl delivered big time. Then various producers and the label fucket it all up

CD is my favourite album, but in 2000 it would been huge and we'd have all the intended albums already

Edited by Manfisman