Jump to content
Live Like a Suicide

Rough Mixes CD #3 Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Recommended Posts

pay very close attention to the synth orchestra bits of Billionare (and ignore the technocrap). what does it remind you of? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Caedo said:

I think we've heard enough of The General to know it sounds nothing like that tbh

Is the general the sinister orchestral piece they used at the start of shows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yes.

Ah, thank you. My bad, the general apparently originated from Billionaire so yeah it definitely changed 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BucketFinckFortus said:

Billionaire, Dub Suplex, Devious Bastard and Dummy are all Bucket's songs, almost certain of this. All of those were recorded on 10/05/00 and this is classic Buckethead sound.

im pretty sure dub suplex was turned into "jumpman" and released by buckethead.

 

Edited by dadud
added video
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic but does anybody know where that industrial hip hop instrumental that was played at the hob 2001 gig came from? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn... Billionaire is one of the earliest pieces of The General then? :wow:

What's the quote at the start of Dub Suplex? Anyone know if it's from the movie Seven? :P and it really has a 'Monsters & Robots' feel to it, which is cool.

About to listen to State of Grace is good quality.... :drool:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dadud said:

im pretty sure dub suplex was turned into "jumpman" and released by buckethead.

 

Wow, spot on! It's really sad Axl had someone as talented as him and most of "his" songs weren't released, even though his solos by themselves are already amazing and elevate most of the songs. I guess his demos that made the final cut were Shackler's and Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Damn... Billionaire is one of the earliest pieces of The General then? :wow:

What's the quote at the start of Dub Suplex? Anyone know if it's from the movie Seven? :P and it really has a 'Monsters & Robots' feel to it, which is cool.

About to listen to State of Grace is good quality.... :drool:

 

someone said it was a quote from hannibal lecter

 

this whole disc kicks some serious ass :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So u cats found leaks of Chinese Democracy and no vocals from Ax 

and u think these songs are good 

give me a fucking break 

I’ll give it to u millinery folks - u got it bad man 

if they didn’t make Democracy I can’t even imagine how bad they r 

because Chinese is a dumpster 🔥 

DAMN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... every song that ended up being released on Chinese Democracy was largely written and completed around 2000. Scraped is the only one that I'm not sure of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TMAC20 said:

So u cats found leaks of Chinese Democracy and no vocals from Ax 

and u think these songs are good 

give me a fucking break 

I’ll give it to u millinery folks - u got it bad man 

if they didn’t make Democracy I can’t even imagine how bad they r 

because Chinese is a dumpster 🔥 

DAMN

Relax on go back to Kid Rock.

Just now, TeeJay410 said:

So... every song that ended up being released on Chinese Democracy was largely written and completed around 2000. Scraped is the only one that I'm not sure of.

Maybe is on the missing CDs under another name?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Russel Nash said:

 

Maybe is on the missing CDs under another name?

 

It's just crazy because if it is the case... what was happening musically between when bucket left and when Bumble started doing overdubs? Was '02-'06ish just completely musically fruitless? They/Axl didn't write anything?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Damn... Billionaire is one of the earliest pieces of The General then? :wow:

What's the quote at the start of Dub Suplex? Anyone know if it's from the movie Seven? :P and it really has a 'Monsters & Robots' feel to it, which is cool.

About to listen to State of Grace is good quality.... :drool:

 

That would be Hannibal Lecter

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My theory is that Scraped is made of ... well scraps from Bucketheads sessions, since Caram is credited in the Songwriting. Maybe that was one of the songs he worked in 2002-2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeeJay410 said:

It's just crazy because if it is the case... what was happening musically between when bucket left and when Bumble started doing overdubs? Was '02-'06ish just completely musically fruitless? They/Axl didn't write anything?

I'm afraid yes, iirc most of the band didn't even meet during that time, GNR future was really uncertain. Axl probably had some ideas going around, recorded lyrics and vocals on tracks that are missing (not only the ones released on CD) and that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×