Appetite for Distortion: Steel Panther talks "Heavy Metal Rules," and Axl's Naps

NEW! Ep. 147 - Steel Panther talks "Heavy Metal Rules," Grunge, and Axl's Naps 

Stix Zadinia and Lexxi Foxx join us in-studio to discuss their new album Heavy Metal Rules, feelings on hair metal, grunge, opening for Guns N' Roses and so much more! 

iHeartRadio --> https://ihr.fm/2lKLRf4

Spreaker --> https://bit.ly/2mKm4DI

Spotify --> https://spoti.fi/2lNjGfx

SoundCloud --> https://bit.ly/2mESpvW

B51CDCF1-2DBB-4411-84C6-BF2AB41123D3.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

First 3 albums are absolute masterpieces, especially Balls Out is the holy grail of party albums. LTB was a real drop in quality. Excited to hear tommorow if they got back on track with HMR..

I can confirm the new album is shit.

they’ve not recovered from ‘Lower The Bar’.

that album killed them.

11 hours ago, marinergtfc said:

I can confirm the new album is shit.

they’ve not recovered from ‘Lower The Bar’.

that album killed them.

darn just listening to it. I liked a few of the first singles, but yeah their first three albums are great. Saw them live for the first time this summer man they put on a great show.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

darn just listening to it. I liked a few of the first singles, but yeah their first three albums are great. Saw them live for the first time this summer man they put on a great show.

speaking of podcasts when are you gonna do the next one? steel panther fucking kicks ass

Edited by Mac daddy ax
  • Like 1

Ok, I knew nothing about Steel Panther so I did a bit of research.  I saw that they have a song called Death To All But Metal and they couldn't wait for their bass player to get out of sex rehab "until he learned how to have better sex." I almost lost it, hilarious stuff.

Edit: they also have a song called Asian Hooker.😄

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mac daddy ax said:

speaking of podcasts when are you gonna do the next one? steel panther fucking kicks ass

Speaking with Mick O'Shea next Thursday about his new book "Dead Straight Guide to Guns N' Roses"

Also taping with Jack Lue and Marc Canter together in a couple Sundays.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, sidman69 said:

Album is alright. I'd say on par with LTB. Always Gonna Be A Ho, Fuck Everybody and title track are the standouts. But even deep album tracks like Tommorow Night from Balls Out blows away most anything on this, in both funny lyrics and composition. I think they've put so much effort into those first 3 albums they're written every good song in them there. There was absolutely no filler on any of them, hard to keep up that level of songwriting. Those albums up to AYCE are just incredible, even the bonus tracks kicked ass (Handicapped Slut, People Are Stoopid, Momentary Epiphany, hilarious)

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

On 9/27/2019 at 2:23 PM, Gambit83 said:

Speaking with Mick O'Shea next Thursday about his new book "Dead Straight Guide to Guns N' Roses"

Also taping with Jack Lue and Marc Canter together in a couple Sundays.

Haven’t heard from Marc in a while. I appreciated the time he gave this board a few years back. 

• Like 1