Quick Song (Full Disc) Leak [No Links Or Requests]

I just went through all of the takes. I love the fact that Buckethead recorded so many takes on the same solo of just one song (that didn't even have lyrics at the moment).

Imagine having every Buckethead take of the TWAT solo. Or having every take that Robin recorded for TIL. That would be amazing to hear.

2 hours ago, jbhutto said:

Tribute to Bucket's coop?

Is it just me, or should he tone down on the 'Axlisms'. A thousand 'ooooh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah owa owwwwwws' don't necessarily improve a song. These trademark sounds used to complement actual strong lyrics. And I know this is a scratch vocal track, but the melodic idea/delivery just doesn't live up to the instrumental, as was the case with numerous other songs (Prostitute, Rhiad, ...) . 

2 hours ago, Gaanzer said:

Is it just me, or should he tone down on the 'Axlisms'. A thousand 'ooooh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah owa owwwwwws' don't necessarily improve a song. These trademark sounds used to complement actual strong lyrics. And I know this is a scratch vocal track, but the melodic idea/delivery just doesn't live up to the instrumental, as was the case with numerous other songs (Prostitute, Rhiad, ...) . 

I completely . Theres are to many awww ooooh...and uuuh  awhs. It seems a quick fix, when those could have been actual lyrics. It sometimes takes away the flow of the song. I like moaning as much as the next guy, but it should be in moderation.

Edited by username05

1 hour ago, Gaanzer said:

It is probably just Axl trying lots of different things to hear what sticks in what part of the song, I definitely would say this is not meant to be considered verbatim what the exact melody would be when lyrics are written to it all

• Like 1

Remember the ending of The Blues "aaah aaah aaah aahh nananana aaah aa aa aaah nananana"

which turned into "aaah aaah aaah aaah what I tell ya aaah aaah aaah aaah that's what they'll tell ya"

obvisouly he tries to find the right tune/lyrics for the song similar to The Blues. unfortunately some of us would like to make fun of everything... it's cheap.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

Has anyone else noticed that this long ass scream Axl does sounds almost identical to the one in IRS? And one of the other leaks had that scream as well. Did he just re-use his own vocals for different songs? 

Nonetheless, I like this instrumental a lot. I REALLY don't understand why these instrumentals got shelved!? They are so much better than CD..

Maybe Axl wanted to test the water with CD, I don't know. 

BUT MAN, OKLAHOMA. WHY THE HELL DID YOU SWAP THIS FOR MICKEY AND THE BEDOUINS??? :no:

Edited by UcudBmine

8 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Do those 'oohs' remind you guys of anything?

This is obviously part of The General.

Ha, I was thinking of Scraped. But then again I heard Scraped 1.5 times in 2008 and I once heard a remixed intro for the song which was pretty cool compared to Axapella Rose.

Edited by UcudBmine

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Full lyrics:

hoohoohoohoo OOOAAAeeehhh AAAOOOooo

AAAOOOOooooOOOOH AAYOOO YEAAAAAAAAAAA

oooooh ooooooh MOTHAFUCKAAAAAAAA

Brilliant. Epic. It's clearly part of the DC/Nov Rain/Estranged/The General 5-part-trilogy.

The great Quick in the sky Song.

jaja, good song.

2 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Remember the ending of The Blues "aaah aaah aaah aahh nananana aaah aa aa aaah nananana"

which turned into "aaah aaah aaah aaah what I tell ya aaah aaah aaah aaah that's what they'll tell ya"

obvisouly he tries to find the right tune/lyrics for the song similar to The Blues. unfortunately some of us would like to make fun of everything... it's cheap.

I am being dead serious about some tracks where it was - in my personal taste - overdone, like Rhiad, Scraped intro. It has the same effect on me as pop divas ad libbing endlessly: cut to the chase. When a vocal line adds to the overall song, please go ahead and 'ooooaaaaaah' away., 😁

I said before that I think the first solo is Brian May. The cd cover clearly says "Starting from Robin solo..." and it goes straight into the solo to the Buckethead takes.

Still, I dont think it sounds like Robin, and I hear Brian May's tone there. Actually, the solo AFTER Buckethead's solo does sound like Robin to me. Of course I may be wrong, but I'm still not convinced.