(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

Just now, 2020_Intensions said:

Just saying ..... He obviously takes after the father figure in his life ..... There's no denying Axl's influence on him .... It's right in your face 

Nah. Axl is a pretty humble person i think who doesnt have he need to show off. Not a wannabe pimp like fermanager.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Flake said:

No. If you never have to work in order to achieve anything and everything is given to you and all of a sudden you’re managing the biggest band in the world, chances are you become an asshole, but of course you need to have the asshole dna in you.

I'd say it's an combination of both.

Just now, HollyWoodRose84 said:

All depends on the day when you meet someone. I will say this, Slash is almost ALWAYS dismissive. 

But he’s slash and has a right to be so. I would be too if i was being approached by strangers every time i went outside.

Fermanager is a noone

1 hour ago, BangoSkank said:

Context: @rocknroll41 asked me to share a story about a personal encounter I had with Fernando.

It was brief but rubbed me the wrong way. It was outside of the Brooklyn Bowl when they played in ’13. 

I missed the ticket on sale, but live close by and was just going to go to try and get a ticket either outside or on a drop. Two of my friends were inside already.

I also wanted to try and meet Axl, shake his hand and say, “You’re awesome,” or something. He’s one of my favorites and I’ll likely never get this opportunity again. 

It’s not hard to figure out where the talent entrance is, but I see a guy who works for the venue, looking official. I ask him is there any way you can tell me where Axl is coming in from? I let him know I'll be cool and I’m trying to look as chill as possible. I ask it quietly, I have no merch to sign, just want to see Axl come in.   

The guy leans in like he has info. and says they’re actually letting him out over there. And points to a spot across the street by another building. I’m with the maybe the most harmless looking fan from South America too. 

So we wait over there, thinking this is odd, but sticking with it because we had word from an official source this is where it was happening. 

Well, of course Axl’s car pulls up in the original spot where we were and we race across the street to try and see him, but the door shuts and we miss it.

I look at the dude and I say, “I thought you said he was being dropped off there?” He shrugs and starts walking away. 

I then ask him, “Do you know if there are any extra tickets at the box office?”

He says, “Uh, yeah, there’s some! I’ll be right back!” 

Of course, he never comes back. 

I find out from someone outside that this was Fernando and after researching it a little, it’s confirmed.

Now of course he doesn’t want fans bombarding Axl as he goes in or ticket scalpers trying to up sell on the street. But I was very obviously not that. And he could have just said, “Sorry, can’t help you,” instead of giving phoney information and treating me like an annoyance. I’m there to support the new GN’R project, something that has been critically lauded and made fun of. Don’t be hostile towards people like me, try and make more of us.

Pair that with story-after-story of TB getting hostile with legitimate fans and it rubs me the wrong way. It just seems like they don’t know how to differentiate between fans who love the band and hostile scalpers. You have to watch out for the latter, but don’t alienate the former.

So it’s not what, but how. Again, I in no way felt I deserved meeting him or a ticket, but also, don’t be a dick about it.

Luckily I eventually got in because I bought a ticket off of a guy who was being thrown out - only missed four songs.

That's some bush league stuff right there.  There's no excuse for treating fans like that.

Edited by lame ass security

Context: @rocknroll41 asked me to share a story about a personal encounter I had with Fernando.

It was brief but rubbed me the wrong way. It was outside of the Brooklyn Bowl when they played in ’13. 

I missed the ticket on sale, but live close by and was just going to go to try and get a ticket either outside or on a drop. Two of my friends were inside already.

I also wanted to try and meet Axl, shake his hand and say, “You’re awesome,” or something. He’s one of my favorites and I’ll likely never get this opportunity again. 

It’s not hard to figure out where the talent entrance is, but I see a guy who works for the venue, looking official. I ask him is there any way you can tell me where Axl is coming in from? I let him know I'll be cool and I’m trying to look as chill as possible. I ask it quietly, I have no merch to sign, just want to see Axl come in.   

The guy leans in like he has info. and says they’re actually letting him out over there. And points to a spot across the street by another building. I’m with the maybe the most harmless looking fan from South America too. 

So we wait over there, thinking this is odd, but sticking with it because we had word from an official source this is where it was happening. 

Well, of course Axl’s car pulls up in the original spot where we were and we race across the street to try and see him, but the door shuts and we miss it.

I look at the dude and I say, “I thought you said he was being dropped off there?” He shrugs and starts walking away. 

I find out from someone outside that this was Fernando and after researching it a little, it’s confirmed.

Now of course he doesn’t want fans bombarding Axl as he goes in or ticket scalpers trying to up sell on the street. But I was very obviously not that. And he could have just said, “Sorry, can’t help you,” instead of giving phoney information and treating me like an annoyance. I’m there to support the new GN’R project, something that has been critically lauded and made fun of. Don’t be hostile towards people like me, try and make more of us.

Pair that with story-after-story of TB getting hostile with legitimate fans and it rubs me the wrong way. It just seems like they don’t know how to differentiate between fans who love the band and hostile scalpers. You have to watch out for the latter, but don’t alienate the former.

So it’s not what, but how. Again, I in no way felt I deserved meeting him or a ticket, but also, don’t be a dick about it.

Luckily I eventually got in because I bought a ticket off of a guy who was being thrown out - only missed four songs.

Did he have a dead caterpillar on his upper lip? That would be Fernando?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Didn't Slash ban photos or autographs? I honestly wouldn't bother with this autograph hunting business. If your hero treats you like a sack of shit you'll be let down. I decided to never put myself in that position as it's subservient.

I have Slashs autograph somewhere. I met him back in VR. He may have instituted that policy since then though. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I have Slashs autograph somewhere. I met him back in VR. He may have instituted that policy since then though. 

He doesn't like photos. He gladly gives autographs. If you get to see him that is. Since the reunion he tries to avoid fans whenever possible.

• Like 1

This reminds me of an Elvis story.  Elvis' stepbrother, David Stanley, used to work in the touring entourage.  One day the crowd was outside the hotel and some were being a little loud, just wanting to get a glimpse of Elvis.  David opens the window and tells them to shut up or something like that.  Well, the press got wind of it and wrote about the incident.  The next day Elvis slammed the newspaper down on a table and said "do you want to explain this?"  Before David could get a word out Elvis proceeded to tear him a new one. He said don't you dare ever disrespect the fans, they're the reason for everything I have.  Then Elvis didn't speak to him for a week, message received loud and clear. 

• Like 3

Haha if you go around asking to meet axl and are giving phoney information, that's a given. You were just new to the game. 

Axl signs and meets enough fans, also remember the Brooklyn bowl gig axl was really unwell, I wouldn't blame him. I think he had diarrhea or something.

Best thing is to respect yourself and don't chase after celebrities. I done it in my youth and it's kinda lame looking back

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Haha if you go around asking to meet axl and are giving phoney information, that's a given. You were just new to the game. 

Axl signs and meets enough fans, also remember the Brooklyn bowl gig axl was really unwell, I wouldn't blame him. I think he had diarrhea or something.

Best thing is to respect yourself and don't chase after celebrities. I done it in my youth and it's kinda lame looking back

Just going to say it kind of sounds like he did his job above. Cleared the area for the talent to come through and at the same time fans had a look safely from across the street 

As far as tickets, who knows. Those guys have a million things going on close to show time and easily get pulled away. Plus it was a hard ticket to find and I’m sure there were requests left and right from people in the area. Can’t fault him there either

Should of hung out at the box office all day looking for a ticket drop if you wanted to get in 

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You can be an extremely prolific player and still write crap songs (Fortus). On the other hand you can be a really basic guitar player and write timeless songs that will be remembered forever (Izzy). Guess what people prefer? It's no shock that people want Izzy instead

People want Izzy because it was Izzy's band. Axl and Izzy were the original founders of the band.

Of course they want Izzy. Izzy was just as important as Axl and Slash.

But there is no need to bash Fortus. He is a very good guitar player and can't be a bad song writer, because Axl actually picks his band mates based on their song writing skills.

The reason we don't have Izzy is because they wouldn't treat him equally. Which is a shame, because I would have a lot more faith in a new album with Izzy than without.

But still... No need to bash Fortus. He is reliable, always does his work without complaining. I like and respect him for that.

If I had a band and could choose him, I would. With Izzy you never know what's going to happen.

2 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

That’s something that has always bothered me about TB, they have an extremely abrasive attitude towards the fans.

The odd thing is though I’ve seen many stories on here about Axl being very cool to fans and TB basically trying to pull Axl away and Axl getting upset at TB.

TB is almost like a little occult. Over-possessive spouse type shit. Fuckn shame. And if they are such a good influence where the fuck's the music, interviews, any contact what so ever other than sarcastic half confirmed BS. Love this band to death just something doesnt seem right. Gotta hope Slash and Duff, musicians with integrity and independence can really push shit forward. My gut is TB low key slows shit down.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NTONIUS said:

TB is almost like a little occult. Over-possessive spouse type shit. Fuckn shame. And if they are such a good influence where the fuck's the music, interviews, any contact what so ever other than sarcastic half confirmed BS. Love this band to death just something doesnt seem right. Gotta hope Slash and Duff, musicians with integrity and independence can really push shit forward. My gut is TB low key slows shit down.

Artist management is totally dependent upon what the artist wants. That includes how they want to be managed. Certainly there’s trust there and I’m sure there’s a certain amount of push back on both sides on certain issues. 

That being said, everything you’ve mentioned can be said about every past manager after 1994. Your answer to why is probably the common player to it all. It’s Axl. No manager is going to make him do big picture things he’s not comfortable doing and if they do, they probably don’t last long 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

Artist management is totally dependent upon what the artist wants. That includes how they want to be managed. Certainly there’s trust there and I’m sure there’s a certain amount of push back on both sides on certain issues. 

That being said, everything you’ve mentioned can be said about every past manager after 1994. Your answer to why is probably the common player to it all. It’s Axl. No manager is going to make him do big picture things he’s not comfortable doing and if they do, they probably don’t last long 

I can see what you mean. Though not so much black and white. The way I see it, relationships, whether business or personal all have unique dynamics. My gut feeling is kind of what your saying, Im sure Axl wants TB around. If he really didn't, he wouldn't. 

One thing though. There have been two common denominators post 94. Axl and TB. And pre 94, pre TB... AFD, LIES, UYI 1,2.  Thats why I think they are no good. Second they came in the picture, we have seen people come and go... and now come again lol. I dont know for sure but my gut says they have a big part to play in how things have played out or not played out.

9 minutes ago, NTONIUS said:

There have been two common denominators post 94. Axl and TB. And pre 94, pre TB... AFD, LIES, UYI 1,2.  Thats why I think they are no good. 

Sorry, but I think that's a load of bollocks. One thing doesn't have to do anything with the other. And if they really would be the grifters with ulterior motives, some clearly are making them out and wanting them to be, it wouldn't be in their interest to block and hinder album releases.

5 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

Reminds me of this old video when Beta  shoes Axl along- 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

All depends on the day when you meet someone. I will say this, Slash is almost ALWAYS dismissive. 

A good friend of mine met Slash and got his autograph. He said that Slash was really cool. What Slash did was sign his name and then did a bit of artwork alongside his name. It took 5 minutes for him to do it.  

Anybody taking the time to do that is pretty cool. You have to understand that he gets asked to do autographs all the time. I'm sure there are days where he doesn't feel like doing it.