(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

31 minutes ago, Draguns said:

A good friend of mine met Slash and got his autograph. He said that Slash was really cool. What Slash did was sign his name and then did a bit of artwork alongside his name. It took 5 minutes for him to do it.  

Anybody taking the time to do that is pretty cool. You have to understand that he gets asked to do autographs all the time. I'm sure there are days where he doesn't feel like doing it. 

So what? It's his job. When he does a concert in front of 3.000 people and then 2 hours after the concert is over lets the bus drive right in front of the door, so he can avoid the 7 people, who are still waiting for him, he's a dick.

• Like 1

So slash confirms music being worked on and Fernando seems to have given a better idea of when it's coming and still there seems to be an issue.

Sometimes it is a case of darned if you do darned if you don't.

I really didn't take the time to read through his Reddit posts thoroughly but seems his lack of denial it is likely him. As his manager he has a right to release the information and I am betting he had ran this through Axl. I really do not understand how people make Axl into some guy who supposedly lives in the dark as his big bad management shields him from everything. This is not to say they do not attempt or ever have attempted to shield him but let's be serious here. Axl is no pushover. He is free to do and say what he wants. His management will operate how he wants not the opposite or they would not be management. This does not mean Axl controls how Fernando speaks but surely you guys do not really think TB control him, Axl of all people.

If he said album within 6 months then it is the plan. Why criticize him on one hand for how he speaks with fans then on the other say they do not communicate with fans. This is GnR not Back Street Boys. Sure it does not make it right for him to talk badly to fans but certainly he has a right when someone talks badly to him.

3 hours ago, Draguns said:

A good friend of mine met Slash and got his autograph. He said that Slash was really cool. What Slash did was sign his name and then did a bit of artwork alongside his name. It took 5 minutes for him to do it.  

Anybody taking the time to do that is pretty cool. You have to understand that he gets asked to do autographs all the time. I'm sure there are days where he doesn't feel like doing it. 

Again, like I said, all depends on the day. 

13 hours ago, ronartest2004 said:

That’s something that has always bothered me about TB, they have an extremely abrasive attitude towards the fans.

The odd thing is though I’ve seen many stories on here about Axl being very cool to fans and TB basically trying to pull Axl away and Axl getting upset at TB.

Which ill say this band deserve better management than the sometimes incompetance of TB. 

9 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

So slash confirms music being worked on and Fernando seems to have given a better idea of when it's coming and still there seems to be an issue.

I really didn't take the time to read through his Reddit posts thoroughly but seems his lack of denial it is likely him. As his manager he has a right to release the information and I am betting he had ran this through Axl. I really do not understand how people make Axl into some guy who supposedly lives in the dark as his big bad management shields him from everything. This is not to say they do not attempt or ever have attempted to shield him but let's be serious here. Axl is no pushover. He is free to do and say what he wants. His management will operate how he wants not the opposite or they would not be management. This does not mean Axl controls how Fernando speaks but surely you guys do not really think TB control him, Axl of all people.

If he said album within 6 months then it is the plan. Why criticize him on one hand for how he speaks with fans then on the other say they do not communicate with fans. This is GnR not Back Street Boys. Sure it does not make it right for him to talk badly to fans but certainly he has a right when someone talks badly to him.

A manager leaking this sort of informstion to a bunch of people on a forum is down right unprofessional.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

If TB was such a great management team they’d be managing other acts, and other acts would be beating down their door to have TB manage them.

Its simply not true, and as countless others throughout the industry have confirmed- Axl is surrounded by “yes men” who shield him from anything that could be considered criticism.

If it works for Axl, good for him. But just because it works for him doesn’t mean you can deny that is exactly what it is.

Also a side note, a once member of this board had a phone call with Beta once, and Beta was scolding this person and said “you fans are all killing Axl!, you all are going to be the end of him”. What other manager says that type of thing to a fan?

Edited by ronartest2004
  • Like 1

I m inclined to believe what beta says.

Axl deep down inside seems to be a really down to earth welcoming and pleasing guy. It could be that he's actually doing everything in his powers for the fans... and that to much criticism just makes him loose sight of what he was after in the first place. Not being able to please all is something that gets him down, and further from achieving his own visions. The internet allows the fans a behind scene access, and intrudes on the life of an artist. IMO those 2 should be detached. Giving to much power to the fans is taking away from the artist what actually made them fans in the first place - a godlike status to the star. If the illusions of grandeur are shattered for the fan, eventually they will be for the artist as well. and thats exactly what the .net scene does. It takes away the boundaries of fans, who are now able to cross it... which in the past was not imaginable. what this does is create a 2 way communication... and affecting the artist... and art is not a democracy, and fans should not be pampered. Its "Take it or leave it". Otherwise, we'd just be "myGnrArtists.com" and we'd be co-writing lyrics to me and my Elvis togather. Read "The fountainhead"... prequel to Atlas Shrugged about what artistic vision is. its not something you agree on. Its not based on compromises. Its based on a vision of one person... and should not be subjected to trends, or wishes of others. 

Just take a look at G.R Martins conmments on GOT fans... and how hard it is for him to "swim" in it. 

I agree that in music terms, axl doesnt need yes men... and that he needs people who can give him an alternative view on the music... and push him beyond his comfort zone, just as he does to others. In terms of everyday life, its his private decision. And its up to him and his friends to chose how he's gonna deal with fans and stress. I dont think it should be open for debate. There are fans... and there are critics. Its important to know which of those 2 you are. 

70456550_10157318512682534_1068538853372

Edited by username05
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, ronartest2004 said:

If TB was such a great management team they’d be managing other acts, and other acts would be beating down their door to have TB manage them.

Its simply not true, and as countless others throughout the industry have confirmed- Axl is surrounded by “yes men” who shield him from anything that could be considered criticism.

If it works for Axl, good for him. But just because it works for him doesn’t mean you can deny that is exactly what it is.

Also a side note, a once member of this board had a phone call with Beta once, and Beta was scolding this person and said “you fans are all killing Axl!, you all are going to be the end of him”. What other manager says that type of thing to a fan?

Agreed

5 hours ago, NTONIUS said:

I can see what you mean. Though not so much black and white. The way I see it, relationships, whether business or personal all have unique dynamics. My gut feeling is kind of what your saying, Im sure Axl wants TB around. If he really didn't, he wouldn't. 

One thing though. There have been two common denominators post 94. Axl and TB. And pre 94, pre TB... AFD, LIES, UYI 1,2.  Thats why I think they are no good. Second they came in the picture, we have seen people come and go... and now come again lol. I dont know for sure but my gut says they have a big part to play in how things have played out or not played out.

I can understand axl having TB in his life but it should be a personal relationship. As the saying goes -  family and business dont mix. Not responding to your post in a negative way either.

4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

So what? It's his job. When he does a concert in front of 3.000 people and then 2 hours after the concert is over lets the bus drive right in front of the door, so he can avoid the 7 people, who are still waiting for him, he's a dick.

Hey dude. Chill  out. He actually does not owe you nor anyone else anything except for  the concert he performs at. Don't feel entitled. The guy is human. I'm sure he's exhausted  after the show. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I can understand axl having TB in his life but it should be a personal relationship. As the saying goes -  family and business dont mix. Not responding to your post in a negative way either.

Agree. 💯

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, downzy said:

Maybe....

We really gave this some thought regarding opening this discussion again.  But the question was put to several members of management.  Fernando wouldn't answer the question when asked several times over multiple days despite.  Other members said they didn't know and hadn't' spoken to Fernando about it.  

We try to be fair to both the fans and the band.  The last thing we want to do is perpetuate false information.  There's a lot of garbage that gets spewed out there by those claiming to be insiders.  Generally it's easy to spot and we make sure it doesn't infect this forum.  It is very rare (maybe a couple of times a year) that I have any communication with GNR management.  In this case, because of this thread and the numerous PMs we received on the matter, we thought it would be wise to confirm with GNR matter.  Fernando chose not to confirm or deny this information and clarify the matter.  Granted, they have no obligation to us since the mod team are just fans like everyone else.  But it could have taken a yeah or nah to clear this up.  Since we never got a response, we figured it was only fair for fans to discuss since it may very well be true.  

I personally have a very hard time believing that GNR or management would disclose information on an upcoming album on reddit.  But at the same time, if it's not Fernando on reddit, you would think he'd want to clarify it almost immediately.  

I honestly don't know whether it's him or not.  

Understood. It's a grey area, for sure. Then again, this is probably one of the only bands that would put their fandom in this kind of situation in the first place, so I can see how decisions like this can be difficult. Thanks for the clarification.

1 hour ago, ronartest2004 said:

Really?  

That's some strange logic.

Do you know whether they've been approached by another artist?  

Murray Wilson only managed the Beach Boys while he was their manager.

Colonel Tom Parker only managed Elvis

Peter Grant only managed Led Zeppelin.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NTONIUS said:

TB is almost like a little occult. Over-possessive spouse type shit. Fuckn shame.

I would disagree.   From my perspective it resembles more like a family-run business.

I will say that TB gets frustrated about the same things fans get frustrated about.  I think we give them way too much agency relating to what can be accomplished with an artist like Axl.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, downzy said:

I would disagree.   From my perspective it resembles more like a family-run business.

I will say that TB gets frustrated about the same things fans get frustrated about.  I think we give them way too much agency relating to what can be accomplished with an artist like Axl.

This

Well said.

5 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

I'd lay down cold hard cash that we will not have n album within 6 months

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Draguns said:

Hey dude. Chill  out. He actually does not owe you nor anyone else anything except for  the concert he performs at. Don't feel entitled. The guy is human. I'm sure he's exhausted  after the show. 

Exactly. I just want to go gome and rest after my job time just like everybody else. It's natural. Of course he will sign autographs or chit chat with the fans from time to time. Just don't expect a person to be kind and happy all the time. His job is to give his best at show in this case. That's all.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, downzy said:

Really?  

That's some strange logic.

Do you know whether they've been approached by another artist?  

Murray Wilson only managed the Beach Boys while he was their manager.

Colonel Tom Parker only managed Elvis

Peter Grant only managed Led Zeppelin.

Just a gut a feeling. And I’d imagine I’m correct. And the difference with those listed above is that those people were good managers, TB are not.

It is true management reflect the artist's wishes, but I don't believe they're like robots just doing Axl's bidding. There are factors like style and approach. The vibe seems hostile and defensive. Is that the best they can do?

My main problem with how Fernando is conducting himself as Axl's/Gn'R's manager is that it seems like if he thinks a certain action can benefit the band with the least amount of risk, he's gonna take it, even if it means we're left confused and frustrated.

If it wasn't the real Fernando on Reddit, keep them guessing. If it is, don't take responsibility for what you've said, in this case a very important news for most hardcore fans.

Somehow I highly doubt Axl ordered Fernando to go on Reddit, post that a new Guns album will come out in 6 months and then to not even confirm if it was really his account.

If it's an imposter, to not just say "it's not me" is not something I think Axl will tell Fernando to do. TB does have some power to decide how to approach the job imo so they are responsible for this shit at least in part.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Rovim said:

It is true management reflect the artist's wishes, but I don't believe they're like robots just doing Axl's bidding. There are factors like style and approach. The vibe seems hostile and defensive. Is that the best they can do?

My main problem with how Fernando is conducting himself as Axl's/Gn'R's manager is that it seems like if he thinks a certain action can benefit the band with the least amount of risk, he's gonna take it, even if it means we're left confused and frustrated.

If it wasn't the real Fernando on Reddit, keep them guessing. If it is, don't take responsibility for what you've said, in this case a very important news for most hardcore fans.

Somehow I highly doubt Axl ordered Fernando to go on Reddit, post that a new Guns album will come out in 6 months and then to not even confirm if it was really his account.

If it's an imposter, to not just say "it's not me" is not something I think Axl will tell Fernando to do. TB does have some power to decide how to approach the job imo so they are responsible for this shit at least in part.

then just act as if he didnt say anything. If it were something worth mentioning, someone would have commented by now through official channels. Since it didnt considers the Redditnando a fake account.  its as simple as that. Or just go ask Jarmo. Jarmo could probably be able to confirm if it in fact is Realnando or Fakenando. 

but from what I hear,... its probably some kid pulling your leg. Hell... if it were true... Jarmo would have had it posted on his site as well. You may or may not like Jarmo... but when things are murky, he is a good rule of thumb. 

what we have here is just a circular masturbation topic... where you inflate each other's expectations, 13 pages based on an unreliable source...  and you end up blaming the band for it.

dont be like this: 

nintchdbpict000242868556.jpg?w=620

P.S. now you all imagine if this is a fake account. And now... imagine if real Fernando saw this topic. Imagine what he'd be thinking. 13 pages discussion based on a fake account post on reddit. These guys are nuts. Even if he came and commented on it... wouldnt make the situation any less nuts. He'd just commit him self to comment every time some wackjob made a fake account. And I guess he has better things to do. 

Edited by username05

8 hours ago, downzy said:

Maybe....

We really gave this some thought regarding opening this discussion again.  But the question was put to several members of management.  Fernando wouldn't answer the question when asked several times over multiple days despite.  Other members said they didn't know and hadn't' spoken to Fernando about it. 

I honestly don't know whether it's him or not.  

Could be that Fernando wants you all to always stay doubtful about his account so that in case things went south and Axl got upset at him he could easily deny any relation to that Reddit account.

One thing Fernando is scared as shit about is to lose his job (which he doesn't have proper understanding of it anyway) and end up in McDonald's.

To me it looks pretty much identical to Team Brazil's methods.

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Could be that Fernando wants you all to always stay doubtful about his account so that in case things went south and Axl got upset at him he could easily deny any relation to that Reddit account.

To me it looks pretty much identical to Team Brazil's methods.

do you have any evidence for him being real Fernando? Except for not telling anything? cus if all it takes to fool you guys that someone is real Nando, I'll make a "RealNando" account, and not say anything as well. 

Edited by username05

1 minute ago, username05 said:

do you have any evidence for him being real Fernando? Except for not telling anything? cus if all it takes to fool you guys that someone is real Nando, I'll make a "RealNando" account, and not say anything as well. 

I don't have but if someone tells me hey there's this fake account with your name trashing and bullying people, I would definitely and immediately deny any connection with it which is something any normal person would do.

But as Mods say, Fernando didn't.

• Like 2