(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

10 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Obviously he has his reasons. It's beneath him now. He doesn't have to do it anymore.

Right. And he likes to take the credit of a troll, trolling the fan base under his name. :facepalm:

Nm

Edited by Jw224

48 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

The biggest indicator for something actually going on is  the fact that Axl sounded pretty good during the first three shows of the current leg.

He never sounded that good after a break, so chances are he's been doing some studio work.

I think it's been proven time and again that just because Axl did some work in the studio doesn't mean fans should expect new music any time soon :/

• Like 1

If there were a new album hypothetically, why would it be announced on reddit, and not a press release, or something of the sort from Axl’s mouth? Why are they doing the exact same set they always are? You really a think a band this big is going to have a “hidden announcement”? Not to mention the NITL tour is going into 2020 with a SA leg in March. 

9 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If there were a new album hypothetically, why would it be announced on reddit, and not a press release, or something of the sort from Axl’s mouth? Why are they doing the exact same set they always are? You really a think a band this big is going to have a “hidden announcement”? Not to mention the NITL tour is going into 2020 with a SA leg in March. 

You know it's not really a secret they are working on one.  The big announcement will come from where it is supposed to but in the meantime maybe they want to give the fans hope in a new place that doesn't view them as the enemy.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yet another laughable post insinuating that somehow mygnr is the root of evil where GNR is concerned. 

If by "new place that doesn't view them as the enemy" you mean reddit, you are sorely mistaken. GNR is praised far more within the confines of these message boards than they are out on the rest of the internet. 

Having said that, I think everyone knows an official announcement sure wouldn't come from a reddit post. 

I'm just say we need to 'look at our game'.  This how they see the message boards:  https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/dj_ashba_recalls_gnr_fans_insulting_him_after_taking_slashs_position.html

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

I'm just say we need to 'look at our game'.  This how they see the message boards:  https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/dj_ashba_recalls_gnr_fans_insulting_him_after_taking_slashs_position.html

I've seen that DJ article and I think it can be looked at a couple of different ways. 1) he's being genuine. 2) he's using a very serious subject (suicide) along with the GN'R name to get himself press. I truly don't know which one it is, but I sincerely hope it's not the latter. 

Again though, you have a history of making posts here at this board where you insult this board and it's users. Calling us the enemy of GNR is an insult, and there's just no two ways about it. 

I realize that there's one tiny corner of the internet where claims like that are constantly made against mygnr and they're syated as fact. That doesn't change that fact that nothing said about this place over there is the Truth ;)

You stopping by here to post those same things as fact still doesn't make them true. All it does is show that you've fallen for their line of "reasoning". 

• GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

The majority of people on here are pretty wholesome and positive folks - and big GNR fans. One of the most negative aspects is the people spouting hyperbole about supposed negativity.

Couldn't agree more. The most negative people on this forum are those who stop by to tell us how "negative" we are IMO 

• GNFNR 1

46 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

The majority of people on here are pretty wholesome and positive folks - and big GNR fans. One of the most negative aspects is the people spouting hyperbole about supposed negativity.

Exactly. Of course there is a section of people who complain about everything (and some can be even described hostile) but it doesn't represent the whole fan community. In many cases in life, if you have positive feedback from nine people and negative feedback from one, the negative one can be the one you remember the best (which really shouldn't be the case)  

Also being a fan doesn't mean you're not allowed to be critical /skeptical, but obviously stating your reasons in a rational and respectful manner goes a long way. 

I was pretty surprised when I was reading one review of Louisville concert. The forum member in question has been quite negative in his posts recently (as far as I recall) but still he obviously had a great time there and wrote in very positive way about the band (Axl included). So opinions can change.

@RussTCB it's funny how things can be seen from different point of view. One half dead "fan" forum considers this forum to be full of ass-lickers just because not everybody here is actively hating all things Gn'R 24/7 and apparently you are total fascist moderator :lol: Maybe we should direct Fernando and co. to that forum to get a little perspective. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Haha 2

I use to be a moderator on a very popular GNR board back in the early 2000.  I can tell you band members use to hang out there.  It gets lonely out there on the road.  And back then Axl would comment during shows on what he read.  That whole Pepsi vs Diet Coke was a poll on that board.  You see Axl vote for diet coke in the cartoon.  "Hey You" was a topic and later we saw Tommy, maybe inspired by that topic to write a song with that title.  They didn't lose us in this whole board mess but we lost them.

49 minutes ago, Pele said:

Cineater is one of the few regulars on 'Truth' so it's little surprise she is talking like this.

You know I just stop talking to you, not because I agree with what you are saying but because you are so sure you know better and what is the point.

2 minutes ago, cineater said:

I use to be a moderator on a very popular GNR board back in the early 2000.  I can tell you band members use to hang out there.  It gets lonely out there on the road.  And back then Axl would comment during shows on what he read.  That whole Pepsi vs Diet Coke was a poll on that board.  You see Axl vote for diet coke in the cartoon.  "Hey You" was a topic and later we saw Tommy, maybe inspired by that topic to write a song with that title.  They didn't lose us in this whole board mess but we lost them.

What forum was that? What cartoon are you talking about? and what "whole board mess" do you mean?

Just now, cineater said:

You know I just stop talking to you, not because I agree with what you are saying but because you are so sure you know better and what is the point.

It's not a personal attack, but you frequent Truth and are friendly with Mojo1 so it's worth pointing out the context of your posts.

There have been millions of boards. I remember the official one, gnronline. It had some uber crazies on there. ''MAKE HASTE MAKE HASTE'' haha. Rose closed the bugger down and everyone splintered into various boards, some of which were arselicker boards, some of which more critical. 

2 hours ago, adamsapple said:

The biggest indicator for something actually going on is  the fact that Axl sounded pretty good during the first three shows of the current leg.

He never sounded that good after a break, so chances are he's been doing some studio work.

I thought exactly this. Axl sounds much, much better on songs he's been sucking on for years. Recent videos of SCOM and NR are the best he's sounded on these tracks since 2010.

6 minutes ago, action said:

on a related note, at what point did we know for sure, 100% confirmed, that the chinese democracy was to be released on the day it lay in stores? 

Was it also 6 months in advance? less? more?

Billboard announced the official release date on October 9th. The album came out on November 23rd.

Edited by Tyler Drama
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, cineater said:

We're all aware that GNR members used to frequent many boards. Axl Rose himself visited here more than a few times. 

None of that has anything to do with that fact that mygnr isn't the big bad place you attempt to make it out to be.